Pruitt is out

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
flockofseagulls104

Re: Pruitt is out

#26 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:17 pm

And Clinton, despite campaigning in Flint, lost Michigan by under 11,000 votes.
I didn't know she was responsible for the water in Flint. I don't think even she included that in her list of a thousand excuses that cost her the election. You need to let her know.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

jarnon

#27 Post by jarnon » Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:29 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
I didn't know she was responsible for the water in Flint. I don't think even she included that in her list of a thousand excuses that cost her the election. You need to let her know.
In two critical states that swung to Trump—Michigan and Wisconsin—black turnout dropped by just more than 12 points.
And 92% of the blacks who did show up voted for her, down from 95% for Obama in 2012. In the other swing state, Pennsylvania, Clinton got nearly as many black votes as Obama, so I believe the Flint mess made a difference. I won't rub salt in her wounds though.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

flockofseagulls104

#28 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:46 pm

jarnon wrote:
In two critical states that swung to Trump—Michigan and Wisconsin—black turnout dropped by just more than 12 points.
And 92% of the blacks who did show up voted for her, down from 95% for Obama in 2012. In the other swing state, Pennsylvania, Clinton got nearly as many black votes as Obama, so I believe the Flint mess made a difference. I won't rub salt in her wounds though.
:roll:
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

flockofseagulls104

#29 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:27 pm

What will it take to actually convince you that some of these people actually are guilty?
A fair trial outside of the government and NOT covered and tainted by the media. But it won't happen. And everyone knows it, especially the accusers. They count on it.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#30 Post by Bob78164 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:38 pm

What will it take to actually convince you that some of these people actually are guilty?
A fair trial outside of the government and NOT covered and tainted by the media. But it won't happen. And everyone knows it, especially the accusers. They count on it.
So any trial conducted by the government is necessarily unfair? You're right. That's won't happen. It shouldn't happen. No one but the government (through trial by jury) should ever have the opportunity to deprive someone of their freedom.

But you don't seem to have any confidence in your fellow citizens to act as jurors. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#31 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:51 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote: I have no idea whether he is innocent or guilty. And neither do you. I am just pointing out the wonderful tactics the left uses ALL THE TIME.
So the left uses the "tactics" of ongoing Senate ethics investigations, and indictments and guilty pleas of those whom Mueller has gone after, while the right uses the tactics of unsourced articles in Breitbart. And let's not forget the umpteen different investigations of Hillary Clinton, none of which resulted in a single arrest or indictment.

At least you're about to get your first wish. Paul Manafort is going to be tried very soon and you'll get to see all the "fake news" about him in open court.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

silverscreenselect

#32 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:59 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote: A fair trial outside of the government and NOT covered and tainted by the media. But it won't happen. And everyone knows it, especially the accusers. They count on it.
No, I think the accusers are hoping for their day in court, so that one more layer of deniability can be shredded away from those Trump supporters desperate to cling to his lies about his administration's innocence. You've already laid out your next line of defense, that somehow the media won't report these trials fairly. Of course, the trials are public and even if they aren't televised (federal trials rarely are), the transcripts will be readily available.

Sadly, as Flock has amply demonstrated over and over, Trump has been able to erect a tower of inpenetrability around all his claims by hollering "fake news" and corrupt media. He sells it, the same way he sold his Trump steaks, and you are again, oh so willing to buy it.

flockofseagulls104

#33 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:17 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote: A fair trial outside of the government and NOT covered and tainted by the media. But it won't happen. And everyone knows it, especially the accusers. They count on it.
No, I think the accusers are hoping for their day in court, so that one more layer of deniability can be shredded away from those Trump supporters desperate to cling to his lies about his administration's innocence. You've already laid out your next line of defense, that somehow the media won't report these trials fairly. Of course, the trials are public and even if they aren't televised (federal trials rarely are), the transcripts will be readily available.

Sadly, as Flock has amply demonstrated over and over, Trump has been able to erect a tower of inpenetrability around all his claims by hollering "fake news" and corrupt media. He sells it, the same way he sold his Trump steaks, and you are again, oh so willing to buy it.
Media bias towards the left has been quite evident long before trump came on the scene. Now more than ever. Go back in my posts over the years. I have spoken about it frequently. You are oh so willing to ignore it.

silverscreenselect

#34 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:38 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote: Media bias towards the left has been quite evident long before trump came on the scene. Now more than ever. Go back in my posts over the years. I have spoken about it frequently. You are oh so willing to ignore it.
There's a term for what Trump does, it's called Lugenpresse, and it was used 80 years ago by another autocrat who originally had rocky relations with the press, at least until he took over the press. And based on articles like this, it's a term Trump supporters used during the election campaign. I know why the term didn't stick with them. It's too hard for most Trump supporters to pronounce and remember:

http://time.com/4544562/donald-trump-su ... genpresse/

And what do you have to say about the multitude of articles critical of Trump that have appeared in the Wall Street Journal and similar publications? Do you think they are biased against Trump? Or is it just easier to ignore everything other than Fox and Breitbart before you arrive at an "unbiased" opinion about things?

flockofseagulls104

#35 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:25 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote: Media bias towards the left has been quite evident long before trump came on the scene. Now more than ever. Go back in my posts over the years. I have spoken about it frequently. You are oh so willing to ignore it.
There's a term for what Trump does, it's called Lugenpresse, and it was used 80 years ago by another autocrat who originally had rocky relations with the press, at least until he took over the press. And based on articles like this, it's a term Trump supporters used during the election campaign. I know why the term didn't stick with them. It's too hard for most Trump supporters to pronounce and remember:

And what do you have to say about the multitude of articles critical of Trump that have appeared in the Wall Street Journal and similar publications? Do you think they are biased against Trump? Or is it just easier to ignore everything other than Fox and Breitbart before you arrive at an "unbiased" opinion about things?
I am so tired of the Hitler allusions. If anyone is nazi-esque, it's the left and the tactics they use to denigrate, marginalize and dehumanize all who oppose their policies and ideology, along with the mob mentality of the SJWs.

silverscreenselect

#36 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:43 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote: it's the left and the tactics they use to denigrate, marginalize and dehumanize all who oppose their policies and ideology, along with the mob mentality of the SJWs.
I'm not surprised that you're getting tired of the Nazi allusions. The truth hurts. Referring to people as animals and then playing games that he just meant to refer to MS-13 is denigrating and dehumanizing. Saying that Democrats want illegal immigrants to "infest" our streets is dehumanizing. Somehow, to you, that's a lesser offense than a restaurant owner kicking Sarah Huckabee Sanders out.

This type of rhetoric never had a place in U.S. politics, other than a few fringe people like David Duke, before Trump became President. Now, it's commonplace with him and all the while, people like you are making excuses for it and explaining it away.

Here's an article about Trump's use of dehumanizing rhetoric and others who have used similar language in the past:

https://newrepublic.com/article/149232/ ... -powerless
Andrea Pitzer, author of One Long Night: A Global History of Concentration Camps, considers it accurate to refer to Trump’s government-run detention camps as concentration camps and sees other parallels between America today and Germany in the early 1930s. “What’s often forgotten is that nearly five years passed before the government arrested German Jews en masse and put them into the concentration camp system. Outside the camps, the Nazis were passing laws against German Jews the whole time, stripping them of citizenship and denying them access to public services and jobs,” she wrote in an email to The New Republic.

To build public support for their anti-Semitic policies, the Nazi government constructed an elaborate propaganda machine. White, German families were presented as whole and hearty—and under threat. “In their rhetoric, Nazis talked about Jews using animal terminology (of rats, insects, and pigs) and as unassimilable foreigners, and described them using language of disease and sexual deviance,” Pitzer continued. The Eternal Jew, an anti-Semitic propaganda film released in 1940, compares a map of Jewish migration to a pulsating pile of rats; Jews weren’t just considered animals, but plague-bearing animals at that.
If you think this type of language is the exclusive province of the left, please point out to me one instance of some left wing person in a position of some influence or authority (not some crackpot commenter on the Daily Beast) using language like "infesting" and "breeding" to refer to some group of right wingers.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#37 Post by Bob78164 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:48 pm

I am so tired of the Hitler allusions. If anyone is nazi-esque, it's the left and the tactics they use to denigrate, marginalize and dehumanize all who oppose their policies and ideology, along with the mob mentality of the SJWs.
Mob mentality? Donny encouraged physical violence against his political opponents, going so far as to offer to pay their legal fees. You've wondered why I loathe him. Wonder no more. The fact that he thinks grabbing women by the genitals is something to brag about makes him a piece of shit as a human being, but his utter contempt for the process of democracy makes him a piece of shit as the occupant of the Oval Office, and I knew about the latter long before the former came to light. He's who Joe McCarthy wanted to be but couldn't pull off. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

flockofseagulls104

#38 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:08 am

Bob78164 wrote:

Mob mentality? Donny encouraged physical violence against his political opponents, going so far as to offer to pay their legal fees. You've wondered why I loathe him. Wonder no more. The fact that he thinks grabbing women by the genitals is something to brag about makes him a piece of shit as a human being, but his utter contempt for the process of democracy makes him a piece of shit as the occupant of the Oval Office, and I knew about the latter long before the former came to light. He's who Joe McCarthy wanted to be but couldn't pull off. --Bob
Thank you, once again, bob-tel, for proving my point for me.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#39 Post by Bob78164 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:39 am

Bob78164 wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote: I am so tired of the Hitler allusions. If anyone is nazi-esque, it's the left and the tactics they use to denigrate, marginalize and dehumanize all who oppose their policies and ideology, along with the mob mentality of the SJWs.
Here's a collection from Snopes, complete with video and full context, of eight times Donny encouraged physical violence against political opponents.

I know you're bound and determined not to believe it, and I really don't care. I do believe there are others reading this thread, so this is a reminder of precisely what we're dealing with. I'll continue with the facts, while you continue to hold your fingers in your ears, singing la-la-la-la-la at the top of your lungs.

Even before Donny got elected, he was easily the most dangerous politician to our republic since Joe McCarthy. Now he's in a class by himself. And I will never be okay with that and I will never stop fighting to fix it. --Bob

flockofseagulls104

#40 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:29 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:Mob mentality? Donny encouraged physical violence against his political opponents, going so far as to offer to pay their legal fees. You've wondered why I loathe him. Wonder no more. The fact that he thinks grabbing women by the genitals is something to brag about makes him a piece of shit as a human being, but his utter contempt for the process of democracy makes him a piece of shit as the occupant of the Oval Office, and I knew about the latter long before the former came to light. He's who Joe McCarthy wanted to be but couldn't pull off. --Bob
Here's a collection from Snopes, complete with video and full context, of eight times Donny encouraged physical violence against political opponents.

I know you're bound and determined not to believe it, and I really don't care. I do believe there are others reading this thread, so this is a reminder of precisely what we're dealing with. I'll continue with the facts, while you continue to hold your fingers in your ears, singing la-la-la-la-la at the top of your lungs.

Even before Donny got elected, he was easily the most dangerous politician to our republic since Joe McCarthy. Now he's in a class by himself. And I will never be okay with that and I will never stop fighting to fix it. --Bob
Imagine, if you will: bob-tel, the ethical, above-average litigator wakes up one morning and finds himself, somehow, a high ranking FBI official, and it is almost 2 years in the past. Checking 'his' phone, he has a meeting scheduled with his colleagues James Comey, Andrew McCabe and Peter Strzok. And he realizes he has a unique opportunity to save the world. At least this world he has imagined for himself here in the TWILIGHT ZONE.

flockofseagulls104

#41 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:50 pm

Even before Donny got elected, he was easily the most dangerous politician to our republic since Joe McCarthy. Now he's in a class by himself.
This is for bob-tel. Please, all you other trumphaters, refrain from adding your own comments or trying to help. Bob-tel will speak for you, because he seems to be the most motivated.

bob-tel, you seem to be pretty hysterical on the subject of trump, from the minute he got elected, which you didn't expect. I would speculate that before he threw his hat in the ring, you didn't really have much of an opinion either way about him.

Since he is, in your opinion, the most dangerous politician in the country, pick ONE thing from your list that supports your theory. What one thing has he specificially, actually done that makes you so hysterical? What ONE thing has he done that will ultimately lead to the destruction of our representative republic (because we are NOT a democracy, thank God.) What ONE thing has he actually done that would make Hitler jealous? This is your chance to convince me, counselor. Only one, so we can discuss it. And your term, whataboutism, comes into play, because to be truly eligible for consideration, this ONE thing has to be truly unique, never having been done before.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#42 Post by Bob78164 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:14 pm

Even before Donny got elected, he was easily the most dangerous politician to our republic since Joe McCarthy. Now he's in a class by himself.
This is for bob-tel. Please, all you other trumphaters, refrain from adding your own comments or trying to help. Bob-tel will speak for you, because he seems to be the most motivated.

bob-tel, you seem to be pretty hysterical on the subject of trump, from the minute he got elected, which you didn't expect. I would speculate that before he threw his hat in the ring, you didn't really have much of an opinion either way about him.

Since he is, in your opinion, the most dangerous politician in the country, pick ONE thing from your list that supports your theory. What one thing has he specificially, actually done that makes you so hysterical? What ONE thing has he done that will ultimately lead to the destruction of our representative republic (because we are NOT a democracy, thank God.) What ONE thing has he actually done that would make Hitler jealous? This is your chance to convince me, counselor. Only one, so we can discuss it. And your term, whataboutism, comes into play, because to be truly eligible for consideration, this ONE thing has to be truly unique, never having been done before.
Not possible to have a serious conversation with someone who has predetermined that I'm "hysterical." Not gonna play. I've provided plenty of evidence in this very thread.

It's also ridiculous to insist that I identify a single thing Donny has done that's unique in our history (though I'm pretty sure spilling military secrets directly to the Russian government qualifies on that count). He's certainly unique in his volume of democracy-eroding acts, from his constant lying to his overt racism to his corrosive attacks on the free press. Even if other politicians (such as Joe McCarthy) have tried to do what Donny is doing, the very fact that he's in the Oval Office makes him uniquely dangerous.

The simple fact, flock, is that I've seen nothing from you that makes me think you're genuinely interested in doing anything but serving as an apologist for Donny. So I'm not gonna play.

And stop trying to tell other people to shut up. Not gonna happen. --Bob

Estonut
Evil Genius

#43 Post by Estonut » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:27 am

Bob78164 wrote:And stop trying to tell other people to shut up. Not gonna happen.
Captain Ironic, why do you think you can tell someone else what they can and cannot say?
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

flockofseagulls104

#44 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:33 am

Bob78164 wrote:

Not possible to have a serious conversation with someone who has predetermined that I'm "hysterical." Not gonna play. I've provided plenty of evidence in this very thread.

It's also ridiculous to insist that I identify a single thing Donny has done that's unique in our history (though I'm pretty sure spilling military secrets directly to the Russian government qualifies on that count). He's certainly unique in his volume of democracy-eroding acts, from his constant lying to his overt racism to his corrosive attacks on the free press. Even if other politicians (such as Joe McCarthy) have tried to do what Donny is doing, the very fact that he's in the Oval Office makes him uniquely dangerous.

The simple fact, flock, is that I've seen nothing from you that makes me think you're genuinely interested in doing anything but serving as an apologist for Donny. So I'm not gonna play.

And stop trying to tell other people to shut up. Not gonna happen. --Bob
Can't do it. Got it.

PS: Surely, I thought, you as an above-average litigator could wipe the floor with me, a know-nothing racist deplorable in a one on one debate. But judging from the one example you gave in your surrender, I think you have no real ammunition, since Obama told all the world, including the JV Team, exactly when, to the date, he was abandoning defense of Iraq. You didn't seem to have your panties in a wad over that as you do about what you allege trump did. Too bad.
I've seen nothing from you that makes me think you're genuinely interested in doing anything but serving as an apologist for Donny
You've not looked too hard. But everything I've seen from you indicates you're reacting hysterically to trump's presidency. Everything is way over the top. Everything is the worst it could possibly be. We're all doomed. Fact is, we went through 8 years of Obama's presidency, where I disagreed with pretty much everything he did. I didn't like where he was taking us, but I didn't go hysterical about it. The country survived, and despite the fact that he isn't doing what you want him to do, the country will survive trump.

lilclyde54

#45 Post by lilclyde54 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:13 pm

Well crap, when I saw this thread title, I was thinking that Tennessee had already fired head coach Jeremy Pruitt. I hate it when something takes precedence over football news, especially SEC football news. :roll:
I felt the change

Time meant nothing and never would again

tlynn78

#46 Post by tlynn78 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:24 am

lilclyde54 wrote:Well crap, when I saw this thread title, I was thinking that Tennessee had already fired head coach Jeremy Pruitt. I hate it when something takes precedence over football news, especially SEC football news. :roll:
:lol: :lol:
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

elwoodblues

#47 Post by elwoodblues » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:37 am

The next EPA director is going to be an actual pile of burning tires.