Tacoma billboard warns of Nazi neighbors

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob Juch

Tacoma billboard warns of Nazi neighbors

#1 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:59 am

TACOMA, Wash – A new billboard in South Tacoma is raising eyebrows – not for what it’s selling, but for the message that it’s trying to send.

A group called Tacoma Against Nazis paid to erect a billboard along Pacific Avenue to fight what it sees as white supremacy encroaching into their neighborhood.

The organization says its group of about 100 people have been fighting against a local business they believe has ties to white supremacy. And while for now it’s just the billboard, the group promises to become more active in their fight against injustice.
More: https://q13fox.com/2018/07/11/tacoma-bi ... neighbors/
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

BackInTex

Re: Tacoma billboard warns of Nazi neighbors

#2 Post by BackInTex » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:17 am

Still, until all feel welcome in Tacoma, Knigge says her group will continue their fight against prejudice.
How does this sign make the Nazis feel welcome?
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

flockofseagulls104

#3 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:35 am

Bob Juch wrote:
TACOMA, Wash – A new billboard in South Tacoma is raising eyebrows – not for what it’s selling, but for the message that it’s trying to send.

A group called Tacoma Against Nazis paid to erect a billboard along Pacific Avenue to fight what it sees as white supremacy encroaching into their neighborhood.

The organization says its group of about 100 people have been fighting against a local business they believe has ties to white supremacy. And while for now it’s just the billboard, the group promises to become more active in their fight against injustice.
Tacoma doesn't seem to be home to quite as many nutjobs as Seattle, but I guess some of them are migrating south. I'd like to see what their 'evidence' is, if they have any.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Bob Juch

#4 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:39 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:

Tacoma doesn't seem to be home to quite as many nutjobs as Seattle, but I guess some of them are migrating south. I'd like to see what their 'evidence' is, if they have any.
I guess you didn't read the whole article.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

flockofseagulls104

#5 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:46 am

Bob Juch wrote:
Yes, BJ, I can read. What is it that you think I missed?
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

MinisterOfPropaganda
Merry Man

#6 Post by MinisterOfPropaganda » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:58 am

BackInTex wrote:
Still, until all feel welcome in Tacoma, Knigge says her group will continue their fight against prejudice.

As Minister Of Propaganda, I clearly feel very unwelcome by my new neighbors in Tacoma. Especially after all of the new jobs I have created building my planned concentration camp, where the sponsors of this billboard will be sent once it is complete!

flockofseagulls104

#7 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:18 pm

MinisterOfPropaganda wrote:
BackInTex wrote:

As Minister Of Propaganda, I clearly feel very unwelcome by my new neighbors in Tacoma. Especially after all of the new jobs I have created building my planned concentration camp, where the sponsors of this billboard will be sent once it is complete!
Kudos to trump for farming his concentration camp plans out to the private sector. This will save the taxpayers a lot of money.

Bob Juch

#8 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:23 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote: Tacoma doesn't seem to be home to quite as many nutjobs as Seattle, but I guess some of them are migrating south. I'd like to see what their 'evidence' is, if they have any.
The evidence.

flockofseagulls104

#9 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:27 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Bob Juch wrote: I guess you didn't read the whole article.
The evidence.
What evidence? That there were handbills that included a link to a 'white supremacist' website? What website? I'd like to see what they consider a 'white supremacist' website before I make any conclusion.

silverscreenselect

#10 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:03 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote: I'd like to see what they consider a 'white supremacist' website before I make any conclusion.
www.whitehouse.gov
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Estonut
Evil Genius

#11 Post by Estonut » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:16 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:Yes, BJ, I can read. What is it that you think I missed?
The evidence.
What evidence? That there were handbills that included a link to a 'white supremacist' website? What website? I'd like to see what they consider a 'white supremacist' website before I make any conclusion.
Maybe you missed the evidence where the police said this is a big nothingburger.
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

Estonut
Evil Genius

#12 Post by Estonut » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:48 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote: I'd like to see what they consider a 'white supremacist' website before I make any conclusion.
http://www.whitehouse.gov
More like http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

I've never known Trump to say that there was something funny about assuming an African-American man would kill his white cellmate.
Groucho Marx

themanintheseersuckersuit

#13 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:44 pm

This is where I casually mention that Ms. Tami Lynn K. formerly of Tacoma Washington (at least according to her area code) recently agreed to marry me. Having spent most of her life in Washington State she moved to the Sandlapper State where she fell in with a bad crowd and this is the result. She has indicated the commies outnumber any remanant of neo-Nazis in the Tacoma area.
Suitguy is not bitter.

feels he represents the many educated and rational onlookers who believe that the hysterical denouncement of lay scepticism is both unwarranted and counter-productive

The problem, then, is that such calls do not address an opposition audience so much as they signal virtue. They talk past those who need convincing. They ignore actual facts and counterargument. And they are irreparably smug.

jarnon

#14 Post by jarnon » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:19 pm

Don't let odd stories like this distract you from the real Nazis out there.

He said he was ‘going to burn down the building with all the f------ Jews,’ Miami Beach cops say
Last edited by jarnon on Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

jarnon

#15 Post by jarnon » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:20 pm

themanintheseersuckersuit wrote:This is where I casually mention that Ms. Tami Lynn K. formerly of Tacoma Washington (at least according to her area code) recently agreed to marry me. Having spent most of her life in Washington State she moved to the Sandlapper State where she fell in with a bad crowd and this is the result. She has indicated the commies outnumber any remanant of neo-Nazis in the Tacoma area.
Congratulations, TMITSSS! :D
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

OJ Simpson
Merry Man

#16 Post by OJ Simpson » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:43 am

jarnon wrote:Don't let odd stories like this distract you from the real Nazis out there.

He said he was ‘going to burn down the building with all the f------ Jews,’ Miami Beach cops say

I'm going to go on a search for the real Nazis. I mean, I have nothing better to do....

silverscreenselect

#17 Post by silverscreenselect » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:01 am

jarnon wrote:Don't let odd stories like this distract you from the real Nazis out there.

And one wonders how Trump won Florida....

tlynn78

#18 Post by tlynn78 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:30 am

And one wonders how Trump won Florida....
Not this one. Hillary is why Trump won Florida, and a number of other key states. You and your fellow rabids simply cannot accept the fact that your candidate was considered more flawed than even a problematic Trump, to the point that voters in those key states, who apparently voted Dem for the two previous presidential election, couldn't stomach her.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

silverscreenselect

#19 Post by silverscreenselect » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:19 am

tlynn78 wrote:Not this one. Hillary is why Trump won Florida, and a number of other key states. You and your fellow rabids simply cannot accept the fact that your candidate was considered more flawed than even a problematic Trump, to the point that voters in those key states, who apparently voted Dem for the two previous presidential election, couldn't stomach her.
Just curious, but aren't you just a little bit concerned about all the Russian activity that has been uncovered in regard to the election, or do you just consider that more fake news and sour grapes?

tlynn78

#20 Post by tlynn78 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:47 am

tlynn78 wrote:Not this one. Hillary is why Trump won Florida, and a number of other key states. You and your fellow rabids simply cannot accept the fact that your candidate was considered more flawed than even a problematic Trump, to the point that voters in those key states, who apparently voted Dem for the two previous presidential election, couldn't stomach her.
Just curious, but aren't you just a little bit concerned about all the Russian activity that has been uncovered in regard to the election, or do you just consider that more fake news and sour grapes?
I'm not stupid enough to believe it hasn't been done for decades, at least; naive enough to think we don't do the same in other countries, or weak-minded enough to cling to it as another excuse for Hillary's loss. So that would be a "no."
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

silverscreenselect

#21 Post by silverscreenselect » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:06 am

tlynn78 wrote:
I'm not stupid enough to believe it hasn't been done for decades, at least; naive enough to think we don't do the same in other countries, or weak-minded enough to cling to it as another excuse for Hillary's loss. So that would be a "no."
And one wonders how Trump won Montana...

tlynn78

#22 Post by tlynn78 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:18 am

tlynn78 wrote:
See above.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#23 Post by Beebs52 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:59 am

tlynn78 wrote:
One wonders how some folks navigate daily life.
Well, then

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#24 Post by Bob78164 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:06 pm

SSS,

Stop tying this to Secretary Clinton's loss. You're just enabling whataboutism.

Here's the issue. A hostile foreign government directly intervened in our elections, even going so far as to attempt to directly interfere with our election infrastructure. That same hostile foreign government is continuing and amplifying its efforts. The hostile government's favored candidate won and is taking official actions that directly support long-held foreign policy goals of the hostile foreign power, actions that are having and will continue to have an obvious long-term deleterious effect on the interests of the United States.

The hostile government's favored candidate (now the incumbent) is doing as little as he can get away with to interdict the hostile foreign government's efforts to interfere in future U.S. elections, has refused to implement sanctions against the hostile foreign government that passed Congress by a veto-proof majority, and is about to meet privately with the hostile foreign government's leader.

The hostile foreign government's influence operations have succeeded to such an extent that it has essentially captured one of our country's two major parties, making it all but impossible for a candidate of that party to survive a primary without acquiescing in the hostile foreign government's influence operations. What's worse, that party's office holders have made the collective decision that they would rather preserve their political power than effectively oppose the favored candidate's harmful foreign policy and domestic positions. A number of those office holders are trying to end an independent investigation designed to ascertain the exact extent of the hostile foreign government's interference in our elections and the extent to which American citizens, including the favored candidate's campaign staff, knew of, solicited, and cooperated with the hostile foreign government's actions. A prominent office holder of the favored candidate's party successfully opposed efforts to publicize the hostile foreign government's efforts prior to the election (which might have reduced their success) by threatening to claim the disclosure was a political stunt. We now know, of course, that it was in fact a very real attack on our democracy. That's the issue. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Estonut
Evil Genius

#25 Post by Estonut » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:31 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
silverscreenselect wrote:Just curious, but aren't you just a little bit concerned about all the Russian activity that has been uncovered in regard to the election, or do you just consider that more fake news and sour grapes?
Trump would beat her again, were the election tomorrow.
Groucho Marx