Trump/Putin Press Conference

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
silverscreenselect

Trump/Putin Press Conference

#1 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:15 pm

... speaks for itself.

I wondered what it would take to finally open up the eyes of some Republicans and this appears to have done it. Although whether this condemnation will last past the next news cycle is uncertain.

I'm still wondering what it will take to open the eyes of many Trump supporters, including some on this Bored.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

flockofseagulls104

Re: Trump/Putin Press Conference

#2 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:37 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:... speaks for itself.

I wondered what it would take to finally open up the eyes of some Republicans and this appears to have done it. Although whether this condemnation will last past the next news cycle is uncertain.

I'm still wondering what it will take to open the eyes of many Trump supporters, including some on this Bored.
Keep wondering. Maybe someday you'll figure it out. But probably not. I'm not a trump supporter. He's an asshole and in many ways a clown, but someday you'll realize: you guys are worse. You prove it every day. So I'll stay in the middle. Because I don't run around saying the sky is falling, you think I'm a trump supporter. You are pathetic.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

silverscreenselect

#3 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:48 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote: He's an asshole and in many ways a clown, but someday you'll realize: you guys are worse. You prove it every day.
You're right. Depriving Sarah Huckabee Sanders of her lunch is so much worse than announcing to the entire world that you believe Vladimir Putin over your own intelligence services. I don't see how I could have missed this.

BackInTex

#4 Post by BackInTex » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:49 pm

I didn't see it. I was working. Can you provide some background on your comment?
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#5 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:51 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:

Keep wondering. Maybe someday you'll figure it out. But probably not. I'm not a trump supporter. He's an asshole and in many ways a clown, but someday you'll realize: you guys are worse. You prove it every day. So I'll stay in the middle. Because I don't run around saying the sky is falling, you think I'm a trump supporter. You are pathetic.
Our entire intelligence and law enforcement community has told us that Russia did interfere with our elections, Russia denied it, and Donny took the side of the government that attacked our country by interfering in our elections, instead of our own government. The sky is falling. And I really don't see how anything the Democrats have done is worse than giving aid and comfort to a foreign government that has just attacked our democracy.

So go ahead. Explain to independents how that can be. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#6 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:54 pm

BackInTex wrote:

I didn't see it. I was working. Can you provide some background on your comment?
There are videos on YouTube but I don't know how long it lasted so I don't know whether the right video is the one that lasted 18 minutes or the one that lasted an hour and a half. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

jarnon

#7 Post by jarnon » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:05 pm

BackInTex wrote:

I did watch the press conference, and here's what disturbed me:

This week, the Deputy Attorney General (Trump appointee) and the Senate Intelligence Committee (bipartisan) confirmed what Trump's intelligence agencies have been saying: that groups withing the Russian government interfered in U.S. elections and still are. A reporter asked Trump whether he believed his intelligence experts (without suggesting any American collusion, or that the election was invalid). Trump said the DNI told him about the charges, but Putin denied them. He then went on a tirade against the Democrats, including wild accusations he heard on Fox News. Putin offered to let the Mueller commission interview the defendants in Russia.

DNI Coats and former CIA Director Pompeo should resign in disgust.
Last edited by jarnon on Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

jarnon

#8 Post by jarnon » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:20 pm

I just checked the transcript to make sure I head right, and I did. Here are a couple of other odd quotes:
REPORTER: Did you want President Trump to win the election and did you direct any of your officials to help him do that?

PUTIN:
Yes, I did. Yes, I did. Because he talked about bringing the U.S. Russia relationship back to normal.
PUTIN: I'd like to add something to this. After all, I was an intelligence officer myself and I do know how dossiers are made up.
There could have been misunderstandings when the question and answers were translated, but it's still bizarre.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

silverscreenselect

#9 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:32 pm

Neville Chamberlain 1938 wrote:My good friends, for the second time in our history, a British Prime Minister has returned from Germany bringing peace with honour. I believe it is peace for our time.
Donald Trump 2018 wrote:Dan Coats came to me and some others. They said they think it's Russia. I have President Putin. He said it's not Russia. I don't see any reason why it would be.

elwoodblues

#10 Post by elwoodblues » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:48 pm

Some of the Republicans in Congress are going to say this is disturbing and then go back to voting with Trump 90% of the time.

wbtravis007

#11 Post by wbtravis007 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:49 pm

Looks like Hannity is going to interview Trump tonight. Should be interesting.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#12 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:06 pm

elwoodblues wrote:Some of the Republicans in Congress are going to say this is disturbing and then go back to voting with Trump 90% of the time.
They're already saying that. But there's no indication they're actually going to do anything about it. --Bob

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#13 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:14 pm

Rep. Will Hurd (R Tex.), a former CIA agent, has some choice words on Twitter. --Bob

jarnon

#14 Post by jarnon » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:35 pm

Breaking News:
TRUMP RETURNS ALASKA TO RUSSIA
Sale price: $720 million, 100 times the original price
“Greatest real estate deal in history” crows Trump
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

flockofseagulls104

#15 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:39 pm

jarnon wrote:Breaking News:
TRUMP RETURNS ALASKA TO RUSSIA
Sale price: $720 million, 100 times the original price
“Greatest real estate deal in history” crows Trump
How clever.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

silverscreenselect

#16 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:47 am

Trump's approval rating among Iowa Republicans rises:

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story ... 790336002/

flockofseagulls104

#17 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:00 pm

This is long, and not a sound byte. But if you trump-haters want to have some understanding of how some of us look at things in more than 2 dimensions, here is Scott Adams of Dilbert fame analyzing the events of the past few days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oRZGs4v1wQ

Please don't go down the path that 'Flock this and Flock that....". I saw this and I thought it was very interesting and will include some of what he said in my own opinions, combined with other stuff from all sides. Watch it and decide for yourself.

Bob Juch

#18 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:14 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:This is long, and not a sound byte. But if you trump-haters want to have some understanding of how some of us look at things in more than 2 dimensions, here is Scott Adams of Dilbert fame analyzing the events of the past few days.

Please don't go down the path that 'Flock this and Flock that....". I saw this and I thought it was very interesting and will include some of what he said in my own opinions, combined with other stuff from all sides. Watch it and decide for yourself.
Sorry, I don't have 50 minutes of my life to waste.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

flockofseagulls104

#19 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:06 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:This is long, and not a sound byte. But if you trump-haters want to have some understanding of how some of us look at things in more than 2 dimensions, here is Scott Adams of Dilbert fame analyzing the events of the past few days.

Sorry, I don't have 50 minutes of my life to waste.
Why? Based on your posts here, your whole life seems a waste. You should spend some time educating yourself rather than looking for stupid memes to annoy us with.

jarnon

#20 Post by jarnon » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:07 pm

OK, I listened to the whole thing. For the most part, he's advocating the sort of realpolitik that some U.S. leaders have used before. I agree with some of it and disagree with some. But I spent so much time on it already that I don't want to post a detailed response unless someone really cares.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

silverscreenselect

#21 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:01 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote: You should spend some time educating yourself rather than looking for stupid memes to annoy us with.
Flock, next time you're looking in a mirror, you might recite this line to yourself.

flockofseagulls104

#22 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:08 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote: You should spend some time educating yourself rather than looking for stupid memes to annoy us with.
Flock, next time you're looking in a mirror, you might recite this line to yourself.
I do not and to my recollection, never have posted any stupid memes against obama or anyone else. Sure, go ahead and look, maybe there's one or two, but I don't spend all my time on it like BJ.

And I assume you can't be bothered about trying to expand your viewpoint by watching the video. One dimensional thinking (EVERYTHING TRUMP DOES IS BAD) is very comforting and easy.

flockofseagulls104

#23 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:09 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
oh, and how clever.

flockofseagulls104

#24 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:11 pm

jarnon wrote:

OK, I listened to the whole thing. For the most part, he's advocating the sort of realpolitik that some U.S. leaders have used before. I agree with some of it and disagree with some. But I spent so much time on it already that I don't want to post a detailed response unless someone really cares.
Thank you for at least listening to it. I agree. Some is valid, some is a little far-fetched, but the point is there is more to it than 'trump is the devil'.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#25 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:39 am

And just when I thought it couldn't get worse: "White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said Wednesday that President Trump will discuss allowing Russian investigators to come to the United States to question U.S. citizens, including a former American ambassador to Russia." --Bob