Trump Tries to Walk Back Russia Comments

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
silverscreenselect

Trump Tries to Walk Back Russia Comments

#1 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:51 pm

Donald Trump wrote:"In a key sentence in my remarks, I said the word 'would' instead of 'wouldn't The sentence should've been, and I thought it would be maybe a little but unclear on the transcript … ‘I don’t see any reason why it wouldn’t be Russia.’ Sort of a double negative. You can put that in and I think that probably clarifies things by itself."
... Emily Litella was more convincing. But it's probably good enough for Flock.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

jarnon

Re: Trump Tries to Walk Back Russia Comments

#2 Post by jarnon » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:09 pm

President Trump wrote:We have never been in a worse relationship with Russia than we are as of a few days ago, and I think that’s gotten substantially better.

I have full faith in our intelligence agencies (suddenly all the lights go out and turn back on). While Russia’s actions had no impact at all on the outcome of the election, let me be totally clear in saying that I accept our intelligence community’s conclusion that Russia’s meddling in the 2016 election took place. Could be other people also. There was no collusion at all.

I reviewed a clip of an answer that I gave, and I realize that there is need for some clarification. In a key sentence of my remarks, I said the word “would” instead of “wouldn’t.” The sentence should have been “I don’t see any reason why it wouldn’t be Russia.”

I have on numerous occasions noted our intelligence findings that Russians attempted to interfere in our elections. Unlike previous administrations, my administration has and will continue to move aggressively to repel any efforts to interfere in our elections. We’re doing everything in our power to prevent Russian interference in 2018.
Like his Nazi comments, Trump had to disavow his disgusting capitulation. I hope that this time he doesn't backtrack.
Last edited by jarnon on Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

silverscreenselect

#3 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:29 pm

jarnon wrote:
President Trump wrote:We have never been in a worse relationship with Russia than we are as of a few days ago, and I think that’s gotten substantially better.

I have full faith in our intelligence agencies (suddenly all the lights go out and turn back on). While Russia’s actions had no impact at all on the outcome of the election, let me be totally clear in saying that I accept our intelligence community’s conclusion that Russia’s meddling in the 2016 election took place. Could be other people also. There was no collusion at all.

I reviewed a clip of an answer that I gave, and I realize that there is need for some clarification. In a key sentence of my remarks, i said the word “would” instead of “wouldn’t.” The sentence should have been “I don’t see any reason why it wouldn’t be Russia.”

I have on numerous occasions noted our intelligence findings that Russians attempted to interfere in our elections. Unlike previous administrations, my administration has and will continue to move aggressively to repel any efforts to interfere in our elections. We’re doing everything in our power to prevent Russian interference in 2018.
Like his Nazi comments, Trump had to disavow his disgusting capitulation. I hope that this time he doesn't backtrack.
Q: Do you hold Russia at all accountable for anything in particular, and if so, what would you consider that they are responsible for?

TRUMP: Yes, I do. I hold both countries responsible. I think that the United States has been foolish. I think we’ve all been foolish.
I have great confidence in my intelligence people. But I will tell you that President Putin was extremely strong and powerful in his denial today.
Does that sound like someone who really believes Putin and the Russians were responsible?
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

flockofseagulls104

#4 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:47 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Donald Trump wrote:"In a key sentence in my remarks, I said the word 'would' instead of 'wouldn't The sentence should've been, and I thought it would be maybe a little but unclear on the transcript … ‘I don’t see any reason why it wouldn’t be Russia.’ Sort of a double negative. You can put that in and I think that probably clarifies things by itself."
... Emily Litella was more convincing. But it's probably good enough for Flock.
No, you are wrong again, aSSShole. It's his version of 'it depends on what the meaning of is is'. When we get a blue dress I will support his impeachment.

I have asked you time and time again to stop the bullshit. I guess you'll never stop.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton