This May Do More Harm Than Good

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
silverscreenselect

This May Do More Harm Than Good

#1 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:07 am

James Comey urges voters to vote Democratic this fall:
James Comey wrote:This was the day an American president stood on foreign soil next to a murderous lying thug and refused to back his own country. Patriots need to stand up and reject the behavior of this president. This Republican Congress has proven incapable of fulfilling the Founders' design that 'Ambition must ... counteract ambition.' All who believe in this country's values must vote for Democrats this fall. Policy differences don’t matter right now. History has its eyes on us.
While I fully agree with Comey's sentiments, I have a feeling this is just going to fan the flames of the dark state conspiracy theorists who are convinced that Comey was part of this anti-Trump conspiracy back in 2016 and 17 when he kept quiet about the investigation of Trump while at the same time, 10 days before the election, announced that they were reopening their investigation of Hillary's e-mails.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Bob Juch

Re: This May Do More Harm Than Good

#2 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:22 am

silverscreenselect wrote:James Comey urges voters to vote Democratic this fall:
James Comey wrote:This was the day an American president stood on foreign soil next to a murderous lying thug and refused to back his own country. Patriots need to stand up and reject the behavior of this president. This Republican Congress has proven incapable of fulfilling the Founders' design that 'Ambition must ... counteract ambition.' All who believe in this country's values must vote for Democrats this fall. Policy differences don’t matter right now. History has its eyes on us.
While I fully agree with Comey's sentiments, I have a feeling this is just going to fan the flames of the dark state conspiracy theorists who are convinced that Comey was part of this anti-Trump conspiracy back in 2016 and 17 when he kept quiet about the investigation of Trump while at the same time, 10 days before the election, announced that they were reopening their investigation of Hillary's e-mails.
I have no doubt that Comey's reopening the investigation cost Hillary the election.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

BackInTex

#3 Post by BackInTex » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:38 am

Bob Juch wrote: I have no doubt that Comey's reopening the investigation cost Hillary the election.
I'm glad you think that. I hope the DNC and other Democrat strategists think the same thing.

The fact is, the Republicans' worst candidate beat the Democrats' best candidate. Please, change nothing.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

triviawayne

#4 Post by triviawayne » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:47 am

I urge everyone to vote everyone out, and stay away from D or R

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#5 Post by littlebeast13 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:50 am

triviawayne wrote:I urge everyone to vote everyone out, and stay away from D or R

Finally, someone is making some sense in one of these godforsaken threads....

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#6 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:05 am

triviawayne wrote:I urge everyone to vote everyone out, and stay away from D or R
Not remotely close to realistic. And not how our system, which relies on ambition countering ambition, we designed to work. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

BackInTex

#7 Post by BackInTex » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:31 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Not remotely close to realistic. And not how our system, which relies on ambition countering ambition, we designed to work. --Bob
Your use of the aged but recently revived term "ambition countering ambition" refers mostly, if not entirely, on the separation of powers within our form of government, not with political parties (or factions). Neither D or R existed at the time of our government's design.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#8 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:36 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
Your use of the aged but recently revived term "ambition countering ambition" refers mostly, if not entirely, on the separation of powers within our form of government, not with political parties (or factions). Neither D or R existed at the time of our government's design.
And Congress is largely in Comrade Donny's pocket because the vast majority of Republicans are afraid of getting primaried if they oppose him. Until and unless that changes, the only way for Congress to serve as a check on Comrade Donny is for Democrats to control at least one House of Congress so that they can conduct real and public investigations, complete with subpoena power. At a minimum, if Democrats control either House of Congress, they'll be able to get their hands on Donny's tax returns. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Bob Juch

#9 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:59 am

“I think that we live in a culture today where everybody feels the crush of information and the collision of worlds – it’s disruptive in a way that previous generations just didn’t experience. For most of human history you were born in a very specific location with very clear rules and expectations, maybe you knew 100 people; that’s how our brains are wired.”

“Everybody is trying to shape our work, our relationships and our ability to absorb information in ways that can be confusing. The big challenge we have today is how do we maintain the sense of common purpose and join together rather than splinter and divide.”

Barak Obama
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.