Why should we believe trump's economic news?

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob Juch

Why should we believe trump's economic news?

#1 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:15 am

He lies about everything else, why not this? Is there independent confirmation?
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

flockofseagulls104

Re: Why should we believe trump's economic news?

#2 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:24 am

Bob Juch wrote:He lies about everything else, why not this? Is there independent confirmation?
Because the MSM isn't highlighting the improved economy nor lambasting trump for lying about it is proof enough for me that it's true.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

silverscreenselect

#3 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:40 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:He lies about everything else, why not this? Is there independent confirmation?
Because the MSM isn't highlighting the improved economy nor lambasting trump for lying about it is proof enough for me that it's true.
Let me see if I have this straight. If the media calls Trump a liar, that's fake news and you don't believe their claim so Trump must be telling the truth. But if they don't call him a liar, that's proof for you that he's telling the truth and you believe it.

So, do you ever NOT believe something Trump says?
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

flockofseagulls104

#4 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:59 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
Let me see if I have this straight. If the media calls Trump a liar, that's fake news and you don't believe their claim so Trump must be telling the truth. But if they don't call him a liar, that's proof for you that he's telling the truth and you believe it.

If there was one iota of evidence that trump was in any way wrong about saying african-american and latino unemployment is at record lows, would that not be leading the headlines for the next month? If trump was lying about the economy, would CNN not be talking about that 24-7 and finding isolated anecdotes to 'prove' their narrative? If anything, the economy must be doing better than trump claims it is.

It's not that I believe what trump says. He's a narcissist like all the rest of the political class. I just know how the MSM works. C'mon aSSShole, give me a break.

PS. Hmmm, BJ seems to sometimes be the bellwether of leftist propaganda. Is this the next targetted attack on trump? Will CNN start with the isolated anecdotes and start pushing the narrative that things aren't really that rosy in "trump's economy"? If they do, you heard it here first.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Bob Juch

#5 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:22 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote: Because the MSM isn't highlighting the improved economy nor lambasting trump for lying about it is proof enough for me that it's true.

If there was one iota of evidence that trump was in any way wrong about saying african-american and latino unemployment is at record lows, would that not be leading the headlines for the next month? If trump was lying about the economy, would CNN not be talking about that 24-7 and finding isolated anecdotes to 'prove' their narrative? If anything, the economy must be doing better than trump claims it is.

It's not that I believe what trump says. He's a narcissist like all the rest of the political class. I just know how the MSM works. C'mon aSSShole, give me a break.

PS. Hmmm, BJ seems to sometimes be the bellwether of leftist propaganda. Is this the next targetted attack on trump? Will CNN start with the isolated anecdotes and start pushing the narrative that things aren't really that rosy in "trump's economy"? If they do, you heard it here first.
The thing is at this time no one outside of the government has seen the raw data. Perhaps after the media can analyze it we'll find it was faked. Remember trump kept accusing Obama of releasing fake data.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Bob Juch

#6 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:24 am

It certainly didn't affect the stock markets. The Dow is up 0.08%, the other indexes are down.

flockofseagulls104

#7 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:42 am

Bob Juch wrote:

The thing is at this time no one outside of the government has seen the raw data. Perhaps after the media can analyze it we'll find it was faked. Remember trump kept accusing Obama of releasing fake data.
Obama ignored the labor force participation rate when reporting the unemployment rates, and so, of course, did the MSM.

jarnon

#8 Post by jarnon » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:43 am

I saw this on CNN in between stories about Cohen:

Trump's right: The economy is doing well and he deserves some credit
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

silverscreenselect

#9 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:58 am

jarnon wrote:I saw this on CNN in between stories about Cohen:

Trump's statements about the economy are probably accurate, or at least as accurate as someone with Trump's rather fuzzy understanding of numbers can be. But saying that the economy is "doing well" doesn't really address the issue of how that's affecting those disaffected voters in Pennsylvania, Ohio, Michigan, Wisconsin, etc. to whom Trump directed his appeals. They probably didn't understand what statements about "real growth" rates meant then or now. What they knew then was that they weren't doing all that well. They hadn't had meaningful raises in a long time, they were un- or underemployed, they were worried about their healthcare, they couldn't afford a house and rents were going up, and they had no meaningful retirement savings.

Now, two years into the Trump presidency, none of that has changed. If anything, their healthcare situation has gotten worse thanks to Trump's efforts. They still haven't gotten meaningful raises. Housing prices and rents are even higher now. The tax cuts didn't do much in terms of their personal economic situations, and there may not be as many unemployed but there are still plenty underemployed. And the one real plus of the Trump presidency so far, the booming stock market, won't help those who have no meaningful money invested in that market.

So, Trump can crow about rosy economic numbers, but for those Trump voters who thought he would improve their economy, it hasn't been much help so far.

flockofseagulls104

#10 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:11 pm

jarnon wrote:I saw this on CNN in between stories about Cohen:

Trump's statements about the economy are probably accurate, or at least as accurate as someone with Trump's rather fuzzy understanding of numbers can be. But saying that the economy is "doing well" doesn't really address the issue of how that's affecting those disaffected voters in Pennsylvania, Ohio, Michigan, Wisconsin, etc. to whom Trump directed his appeals. They probably didn't understand what statements about "real growth" rates meant then or now. What they knew then was that they weren't doing all that well. They hadn't had meaningful raises in a long time, they were un- or underemployed, they were worried about their healthcare, they couldn't afford a house and rents were going up, and they had no meaningful retirement savings.

Now, two years into the Trump presidency, none of that has changed. If anything, their healthcare situation has gotten worse thanks to Trump's efforts. They still haven't gotten meaningful raises. Housing prices and rents are even higher now. The tax cuts didn't do much in terms of their personal economic situations, and there may not be as many unemployed but there are still plenty underemployed. And the one real plus of the Trump presidency so far, the booming stock market, won't help those who have no meaningful money invested in that market.

So, Trump can crow about rosy economic numbers, but for those Trump voters who thought he would improve their economy, it hasn't been much help so far.
Put in your application for CNN. You would fit in perfectly there.

silverscreenselect

#11 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:50 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote: Put in your application for CNN. You would fit in perfectly there.
I'm honored. Both they and I believe in facts, not Trumpisms.

BackInTex

#12 Post by BackInTex » Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:49 am

LOL. How miserable it must be to be a liberal these days.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#13 Post by SportsFan68 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:51 pm

BackInTex wrote:LOL. How miserable it must be to be a liberal these days.
Not at all.

Except for the horrific miseries we're suffering due to climate change because the conservatives and their resulting presidents, similar to the current no-Paris-Accord president, would not listen to us back in the 60s and 70s, and the resultant drought has created megafires and shortly thereafter megamudslides.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

jarnon

#14 Post by jarnon » Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:31 pm

SportsFan68 wrote:Except for the horrific miseries we're suffering due to climate change because the conservatives and their resulting presidents, similar to the current no-Paris-Accord president, would not listen to us back in the 60s and 70s, and the resultant drought has created megafires and shortly thereafter megamudslides.
Climate change was unknown in the 60s and a new theory in the 70s. (I worked for two pioneers in the field, Suki Manabe and Jim Hansen, in the 70s.) But now it's well established, and there's no excuse for not doing what we can to keep the disasters you're enduring from getting worse.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#15 Post by Beebs52 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:35 pm

jarnon wrote:
SportsFan68 wrote:Except for the horrific miseries we're suffering due to climate change because the conservatives and their resulting presidents, similar to the current no-Paris-Accord president, would not listen to us back in the 60s and 70s, and the resultant drought has created megafires and shortly thereafter megamudslides.
Climate change was unknown in the 60s and a new theory in the 70s. (I worked for two pioneers in the field, Suki Manabe and Jim Hansen, in the 70s.) But now it's well established, and there's no excuse for not doing what we can to keep the disasters you're enduring from getting worse.
Um, arsonists don't help either...
Well, then

ghostjmf

#16 Post by ghostjmf » Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:58 pm

Arsonists provide the arson & combustible cars (I don't think anybody is supposed to have planned that one) hurt too, but having all that bone-dry material as kindling is what makes fires hard to get under control.

Bob Juch

#17 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:04 pm