Back from Cruise and I need help from a Mac user

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
kusch

Back from Cruise and I need help from a Mac user

#1 Post by kusch » Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:25 pm

Well, back from the cruise and will be in SoCal with Margaret's sister and family for the next several days.

Yes, I had a great time on the cruise, except when daughter won the hold'em tourney (two way split--she got 400 and the other guy 300--if they kept playing most she can win is 450 so good split) and I was out a couple out of the money.

Trivia games were kinda lame but we did win a couple. The "sisters" and my daughter and a niece won the Family Fued game show and proudly wore their medals to mock me.

I really enjoyed it and look forward to a future cruise.

Now the Mac help. I am trying to make picks and assign confidence points on the College Pick'em page, but I cannot figure out how to "click and drag" on this Mac I am using. Any ideas? Nothing really happens when I click and attempt to drag. Thanks

TheCalvinator24

#2 Post by TheCalvinator24 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:51 pm

Some sites are not compatible with MAC. Or they are compatible with MAC, but not every browser. If you are using Safari, try Firefox. If that still doesn't work, try Internet Explorer.

If none of the browsers will work, either the site is simply non-compatible, or something screwy is happening.
It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. —Albus Dumbledore

Rexer25
It's all his fault. That'll be $10.

#3 Post by Rexer25 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:59 pm

We have a Mac, but I replaced the MacMouse with a Logitech TrackBall that plugs into a USB port. I think I had to load the driver from a CD that came with the track ball. It is used like a typical Microsoft mouse. If you have access to another pointing device that uses a USB port, you could download the driver off the internet and use it as you are accustomed.

But that may be too damn much trouble.
Enough already. It's my fault! Get over it!

That'll be $10, please.

Ritterskoop

Re: Back from Cruise and I need help from a Mac user

#4 Post by Ritterskoop » Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:26 pm

kusch wrote:
Now the Mac help. I am trying to make picks and assign confidence points on the College Pick'em page, but I cannot figure out how to "click and drag" on this Mac I am using. Any ideas? Nothing really happens when I click and attempt to drag. Thanks
I make picks on this site very week using Safari, so it's not that it's incompatible.

Be sure you are clicking on the box with the check mark in it, and not the numeral in the middle of the grid.

After that, check the mouse.
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

kusch

#5 Post by kusch » Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:25 pm

Thanks for the ideas, but still nothing. I did try on Safari and that would not even let me log in.

Oh well, I just hope I picked winners early on.

kusch

#6 Post by kusch » Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:45 pm

Ok, got it now. Finally realized that I needed cookies enabled on Safari and that did the trick with log in an click and drag.

Thanks Cal and Skoop and Rexer.