Wedding Blog: BD**2 - 99

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
gsabc

Wedding Blog: BD**2 - 99

#1 Post by gsabc » Sat May 03, 2008 2:10 pm

Down to double digits on the remaining days.

MotB dress has arrived, earlier than expected. Bride's dress is on schedule, and bridesmaids dresses are expected at the same time as the bride's. All is, so far, good. We have not yet picked up the MotB dress, so there can still be something, Roseanne Roseannadanna.

I forget if I mentioned that there may be an issue with an ASL interpreter for HS and GF. We will be looking on our own, as well as staying with the state agency that supposedly is in charge of this sort of request. The problem is likely that the job would be for all day on a summer weekend. Unless you need the money, you're probably taking a vacation yourself, or at least taking the weekend off.
I just ordered chicken and an egg from Amazon. I'll let you know.

Ritterskoop

#2 Post by Ritterskoop » Sat May 03, 2008 2:48 pm

I just wrapped up a Saturday class with a student who needs an ASL interpreter. She has a regular job during the week, and does this on weekends for extra money. I also see lots of performances at the local theatre with interpreters, who presumably do other jobs in the daytime.

It may not be so hard to find one.
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#3 Post by kayrharris » Sat May 03, 2008 3:13 pm

I agree with Skoop. I don't think you'll have any trouble finding someone. Since it does take a whole Saturday, I would certainly make it worth their while to do it. These people are invaluable anyway, in my opinion.
"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest. "
Benjamin Franklin