Giuliani is admitting trump colluded with Russia

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob Juch

Giuliani is admitting trump colluded with Russia

#1 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:14 am

He's no longer claiming trump didn't collude with Russia; he's claiming "collusion is not a crime."

He's not saying trump didn't know about the 2016 Russia meeting in trump Tower in advance; he's saying trump didn't attend it.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

silverscreenselect

Re: Giuliani is admitting trump colluded with Russia

#2 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:37 am

Bob Juch wrote:He's no longer claiming trump didn't collude with Russia; he's claiming "collusion is not a crime."

He's not saying trump didn't know about the 2016 Russia meeting in trump Tower in advance; he's saying trump didn't attend it.
Giuliani now says that he and others on Trump's team are preparing their own report to counter Mueller's findings.

I'm expecting to see this report about the same time as I see the report on O.J's investigation into Nicole's real killer.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Bob Juch

#3 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:44 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:He's no longer claiming trump didn't collude with Russia; he's claiming "collusion is not a crime."

Giuliani now says that he and others on Trump's team are preparing their own report to counter Mueller's findings.

I'm expecting to see this report about the same time as I see the report on O.J's investigation into Nicole's real killer.
USA Today wrote:Giuliani told USA TODAY that he believed Mueller's team is "writing the report as we speak."

Giuliani's own team is preparing its "counter-report," which he said will be released after his team has a chance to review whatever Mueller files with the Justice Department. But it's unclear whether the special counsel will file anything with DOJ.

Mueller's office declined to comment on Giuliani's comments.

Giuliani said he has no firsthand knowledge of Mueller's plans, but that he expects the special counsel to file something by Sept. 1, two months ahead of the midterm elections.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

BackInTex

#4 Post by BackInTex » Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:47 pm

Bob Juch, you are a f**king idiot/asshole/liar.

Giuliani admitted no such thing. He said no such thing. He wrote no such thing.
You can investigate an innocent person forever and forever and find nothing. When do we say enough is enough. No collusion, no obstruction. President Trump did nothing wrong," Giuliani wrote in response.
Saying something is not a crime does not equate to saying someone did it. I know you know that, asshole.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob Juch

#5 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:54 pm

BackInTex wrote:Bob Juch, you are a f**king idiot/asshole/liar.

Giuliani admitted no such thing. He said no such thing. He wrote no such thing.
You can investigate an innocent person forever and forever and find nothing. When do we say enough is enough. No collusion, no obstruction. President Trump did nothing wrong," Giuliani wrote in response.
Saying something is not a crime does not equate to saying someone did it. I know you know that, asshole.
He's saying trump did nothing wrong because collusion is not a crime.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#6 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:15 pm

This much is clear. Giuliani admitted on national television that the campaign took the Russian lawyer's promises seriously enough that several members of the campaign held a "pre-meeting" (my phrase, not Giuliani's) to prepare for the meeting a couple of days in advance. And we still don't know who was on the other end of Junior's call to the blocked number. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#7 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:38 pm

BackInTex wrote: Giuliani admitted no such thing. He said no such thing. He wrote no such thing.
President Donald Trump's attorney, Rudolph Giuliani, asserted Monday that "collusion is not a crime," and declared that the president is "absolutely innocent." "I have been sitting here looking in the federal code trying to find collusion as a crime," Giuliani said in an interview on Fox News Channel's "Fox & Friends." "Collusion is not a crime."

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/07/30/trump-l ... crime.html

Now, this is a bit of gamesmanship on Giuliani's part. He's right that the federal code does not define collusion as a crime. However, if you look at what the Russians who have been indicted already have been charged with, it's "conspiracy against the United States," and if any Americans are charged, it would be under that statute or a similar statute. (or obstruction)

But it's still a big change of direction for the Trump team from, there was no collusion to collusion is not a crime.

silverscreenselect

#8 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:41 pm

Bob78164 wrote:This much is clear. Giuliani admitted on national television that the campaign took the Russian lawyer's promises seriously enough that several members of the campaign held a "pre-meeting" (my phrase, not Giuliani's) to prepare for the meeting a couple of days in advance. And we still don't know who was on the other end of Junior's call to the blocked number. --Bob
Not that you can believe anything Giuliani says, but he has walked that statement back. What's interesting is that Rick Gates was part of that meeting that may or may not have taken place and that Trump may or may not have known about. I'm sure that Mueller has already talked to Gates about that meeting and any others he may have been a part of.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#9 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:06 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:This much is clear. Giuliani admitted on national television that the campaign took the Russian lawyer's promises seriously enough that several members of the campaign held a "pre-meeting" (my phrase, not Giuliani's) to prepare for the meeting a couple of days in advance. And we still don't know who was on the other end of Junior's call to the blocked number. --Bob
Not that you can believe anything Giuliani says, but he has walked that statement back. What's interesting is that Rick Gates was part of that meeting that may or may not have taken place and that Trump may or may not have known about. I'm sure that Mueller has already talked to Gates about that meeting and any others he may have been a part of.
Well, sort of. When I listened to the tape, it sounds like Giuliani will still agreeing that a meeting took place, but he claims it was about "the Hispanic judge" (native-born American citizen United States District Judge Gonzalo Curiel). I'm having a hard time imagining how he can be sure that those people didn't also talk about the upcoming meeting with the Russian agent. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson