Official Donny, Drumpf, Trump Thread

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob78164
Bored Moderator

Re: Official Donny, Drumpf, Trump Thread

#626 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:49 pm

BackInTex wrote:I think the folks in South and North Carolina will attest that just because you aren’t in the cone of uncertainty (as they aren’t in this picture) you could still be and likely should be considered.

Those that are ridiculing the Preaident in this are fools.
No they're not. The doctored map he was displaying was a week old, as you can tell from the caption on the map. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#627 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:21 am

Bob78164 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:I think the folks in South and North Carolina will attest that just because you aren’t in the cone of uncertainty (as they aren’t in this picture) you could still be and likely should be considered.

No they're not. The doctored map he was displaying was a week old, as you can tell from the caption on the map. --Bob
This entire fiasco is an example of Trump's absolute inability to admit a mistake and the ridiculous lengths he will go to cover it up or explain it away. When he first mentioned the storm reaching Alabama, it was a simple mistake, and most people, like Obama and his 57 states would just say so and move on. Further, unlike some of Trump's gaffes, the press and twitterverse weren't calling him out on it. Instead, he chose to go to ridiculous lengths to try to defend himself. And his enablers are going to equally ridiculous lengths to defend him.

I repeat, this wasn't an issue until Trump made it an issue for no reason other than his own arrogance.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Bob Juch

#628 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:31 am

BackInTex wrote:
jarnon wrote:
Donald J. Trump wrote:In addition to Florida - South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia, and Alabama, will most likely be hit (much) harder than anticipated. Looking like one of the largest hurricanes ever. Already category 5. BE CAREFUL! GOD BLESS EVERYONE!
Experts, including the National Weather Service, immediately responded that Alabama was not in danger. Trump insisted that the briefings he received mentioned Alabama and displayed this map as proof.

An unidentified person altered the cone of uncertainty with a black Sharpie to include Alabama.
I think the folks in South and North Carolina will attest that just because you aren’t in the cone of uncertainty (as they aren’t in this picture) you could still be and likely should be considered.

It's a crime under federal law. Falsifying a weather report is illegal under 18 U.S. Code section 2074—with a punishment of up to 90 days imprisonment, a fine, or both.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

flockofseagulls104

#629 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:16 am

Bob Juch wrote:
BackInTex wrote:
jarnon wrote:Experts, including the National Weather Service, immediately responded that Alabama was not in danger. Trump insisted that the briefings he received mentioned Alabama and displayed this map as proof.

An unidentified person altered the cone of uncertainty with a black Sharpie to include Alabama.
I think the folks in South and North Carolina will attest that just because you aren’t in the cone of uncertainty (as they aren’t in this picture) you could still be and likely should be considered.

It's a crime under federal law. Falsifying a weather report is illegal under 18 U.S. Code section 2074—with a punishment of up to 90 days imprisonment, a fine, or both.
There's a whole unit of the FBI dedicated to finding all the dastardly villains who would dare to falsify a weather report.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Bob Juch

#630 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:14 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:
BackInTex wrote:

There's a whole unit of the FBI dedicated to finding all the dastardly villains who would dare to falsify a weather report.
There used to be, but now they're investigating Hillary's emails.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Bob Juch

#631 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:07 pm

Fox News White House Correspondent John Roberts Says Trump ‘Insisted That It is Unfair to Say Alabama Was Never Threatened by the Storm’

https://secondnexus.com/news/fox-news-j ... mp-dorian/

jarnon

#632 Post by jarnon » Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:34 pm

My Congresswoman, Mary Gay Scanlon: “Drawing a bone spur on a map of a hurricane doesn’t make it any different than what the facts are.”
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

tlynn78

#633 Post by tlynn78 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:41 pm

This post should be renamed "How Petty can the Left Get?"
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

silverscreenselect

#634 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:47 pm

tlynn78 wrote:This post should be renamed "How Petty can the Left Get?"
No, it's "How Obsessed Can Donald Trump Get?"

Bob Juch

#635 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:46 pm

tlynn78

#636 Post by tlynn78 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:16 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
tlynn78 wrote:This post should be renamed "How Petty can the Left Get?"
No, it's "How Obsessed Can Donald Trump Get?"
:lol: :lol: :lol:
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

#637 Post by T_Bone0806 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:09 pm

It IS a little less than ideal situation to get people riled up and nervous, if not yet panicked, about possible disaster. But it was early enough that it was able to be corrected without major problems. The issue is that our Dear Leader will rarely, if ever, admit to making a mistake and instead use an increasingly daffy parade of excuses. Many of these errors are just slip of the tongue incidents and are no big deal...or wouldn't be if a quick mea culpa was issued. But his incredible narcissism won't allow this, so these mostly piddly little mistakes get turned into an unnecessary big deal.

The bigger cause for concern is when the inability to admit an error is involved with something TRULY important.
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#638 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:14 pm

T_Bone0806 wrote:It IS a little less than ideal situation to get people riled up and nervous, if not yet panicked, about possible disaster. But it was early enough that it was able to be corrected without major problems. The issue is that our Dear Leader will rarely, if ever, admit to making a mistake and instead use an increasingly daffy parade of excuses. Many of these errors are just slip of the tongue incidents and are no big deal...or wouldn't be if a quick mea culpa was issued. But his incredible narcissism won't allow this, so these mostly piddly little mistakes get turned into an unnecessary big deal.

The bigger cause for concern is when the inability to admit an error is involved with something TRULY important.
"Is this really the guy trying to navigate the country through the next economic crisis?" --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

jarnon

#639 Post by jarnon » Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:26 pm

NOAA chief scientist Craig McLean posted this message on the NOAA website:

Hurricane Dorian and Exceptional Service
As I'm sure you also know, there was a complex issue involving the President commenting on the path of the hurricane. The NWS Forecaster(s) corrected any public misunderstanding in an expert and timely way, as they should. There followed, last Friday, an unsigned press release from "NOAA" that inappropriately and incorrectly contradicted the NWS forecaster. My understanding is that this intervention to contradict the forecaster was not based on science but on external factors including reputation and appearance, or simply put, political. Our NOAA Scientific Integrity Policy and Code of Scientific Conduct make clear that all NOAA employees shall approach all scientific activities with honesty, objectively, and completely, without allegiance to individuals, organizations, or ideology. The content of this press release is very concerning as it compromises the ability of NOAA to convey life-saving information necessary to avoid substantial and specific danger to public health and safety. If the public cannot trust our information, or we debase our forecaster's warnings and products, that specific danger arises.

You know that the value of our science is in the complexity of our understanding, our ability to convey that understanding to a wide audience of users of this information, and to establish and sustain the public trust in the truth and legitimacy of that information. Unfortunately, the press release of last Friday violated this trust and violated NOAA's policies of scientific integrity. In my role as Assistant Administrator for Research, and as I continue to administratively serve as Acting Chief Scientist, I am pursuing the potential violations of our NOAA Administrative Order on Scientific Integrity. Thankfully, we have such policies that are independently cited as among the best in the federal community, if not the best. Your NOAA and OAR management and leadership team believes in these policies and principles. I have a responsibility to pursue these truths. I will.
(Replaced the Washington Post story with McLean's signed message. I wish him a long and successful career.)
Last edited by jarnon on Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:06 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#640 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:43 pm

jarnon wrote:NOAA chief scientist Craig McLean, quoted in the Washington Post:
“The NWS Forecaster(s) corrected any public misunderstanding in an expert and timely way, as they should,” McLean wrote. “There followed, last Friday, an unsigned news release from 'NOAA’ that inappropriately and incorrectly contradicted the NWS forecaster. My understanding is that this intervention to contradict the forecaster was not based on science but on external factors including reputation and appearance, or simply put, political.”

He also wrote that “the content of this news release is very concerning as it compromises the ability of NOAA to convey life-saving information necessary to avoid substantial and specific danger to public health and safety."

“If the public cannot trust our information, or we debase our forecaster’s warnings and products, that specific danger arises,” McLean wrote.

As a result, McLean told his staff that “I am pursuing the potential violations of our NOAA Administrative Order on Scientific Integrity."

“I have a responsibility to pursue these truths,” he added. “I will.”
The New York Times is reporting that Wilbur Ross threatened to fire agency leadership if the NWS didn't walk back its contradiction of Donny. --Bob

Bob Juch

#641 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:44 pm

Trump Had Deal With Scotland Airport That Sent Flight Crews to His Resort

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/09/us/p ... berry.html
WASHINGTON — Back in 2014, soon after acquiring a golf resort in Scotland, Donald J. Trump entered a partnership with a struggling local airport there to increase air traffic and boost tourism in the region.

The next year, as Mr. Trump began running for president, the Pentagon decided to ramp up its use of that same airport to refuel Air Force flights and gave the local airport authority the job of helping to find accommodations for flight crews who had to remain overnight.

Those two separate arrangements have now intersected in ways that provide the latest evidence of how Mr. Trump’s continued ownership of his business produces regular ethical questions.

On Monday, President Trump sought to tamp down a growing controversy over a stay at the resort by United States military personnel who were traveling through the airport in Scotland in March. First on Twitter and later speaking to reporters at the White House, he said he was not involved in any decision to put an Air Force flight crew at the resort, known as Trump Turnberry.

“I know nothing about an Air Force plane landing at an airport (which I do not own and have nothing to do with) near Turnberry Resort (which I do own) in Scotland, and filling up with fuel, with the crew staying overnight at Turnberry (they have good taste!),” Mr. Trump wrote on Twitter. “NOTHING TO DO WITH ME.”

But documents obtained from Scottish government agencies show that the Trump Organization, and Mr. Trump himself, played a direct role in setting up an arrangement between the Turnberry resort and officials at Glasgow Prestwick Airport.

BackInTex

#642 Post by BackInTex » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:49 pm

Bob Juch wrote:Trump Had Deal With Scotland Airport That Sent Flight Crews to His Resort

WASHINGTON — Back in 2014, soon after acquiring a golf resort in Scotland, private citizen Donald J. Trump entered a partnership with a struggling local airport there to increase air traffic and boost tourism in the region.

The next year, as Mr. Trump began running for president, the Pentagon under the command of President Obama decided to ramp up its use of that same airport to refuel Air Force flights and gave the local airport authority the job of helping to find accommodations for flight crews who had to remain overnight.

Those two separate arrangements have now intersected in ways that provide the latest evidence of how Mr. Trump’s continued ownership of his business produces regular ethical questions to folks looking for anything to distract the public from how Trump IS making America great again.

On Monday, President Trump sought to tamp down a ridiculous growing controversy over a stay at the resort by United States military personnel who were traveling through the airport in Scotland in March, five years after Trump had anything to do with the agreement between his resort and the airport, but not the Air Force. First on Twitter and later speaking to reporters at the White House, he said he was not involved in any decision to put an Air Force flight crew at the resort, known as Trump Turnberry, only the agreement with the airport. The agreement with the Air Force and the airport were made under the Obama administration.

“I know nothing about an Air Force plane landing at an airport (which I do not own and have nothing to do with) near Turnberry Resort (which I do own) in Scotland, and filling up with fuel, with the crew staying overnight at Turnberry (they have good taste!),” Mr. Trump wrote on Twitter. “NOTHING TO DO WITH ME.”

But documents obtained from Scottish government agencies show that the Trump Organization, and Mr. Trump himself, played a direct role, five years ago as a private citizen, in setting up an arrangement between the Turnberry resort and officials at Glasgow Prestwick Airport but not the Air Force.
Do you need someone to help you understand the timeline? Nothing to see here, as usual.

Never mind. I'll do it myself.
Last edited by BackInTex on Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

tlynn78

#643 Post by tlynn78 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:04 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:Trump Had Deal With Scotland Airport That Sent Flight Crews to His Resort

WASHINGTON — Back in 2014, soon after acquiring a golf resort in Scotland, Donald J. Trump entered a partnership with a struggling local airport there to increase air traffic and boost tourism in the region.

The next year, as Mr. Trump began running for president, the Pentagon decided to ramp up its use of that same airport to refuel Air Force flights and gave the local airport authority the job of helping to find accommodations for flight crews who had to remain overnight.

Those two separate arrangements have now intersected in ways that provide the latest evidence of how Mr. Trump’s continued ownership of his business produces regular ethical questions.

On Monday, President Trump sought to tamp down a growing controversy over a stay at the resort by United States military personnel who were traveling through the airport in Scotland in March. First on Twitter and later speaking to reporters at the White House, he said he was not involved in any decision to put an Air Force flight crew at the resort, known as Trump Turnberry.

But documents obtained from Scottish government agencies show that the Trump Organization, and Mr. Trump himself, played a direct role in setting up an arrangement between the Turnberry resort and officials at Glasgow Prestwick Airport.
Do you need someone to help you understand the timeline? Nothing to see here, as usual.
Clearly, they're in-between dig whistles, at the moment.

BackInTex

#644 Post by BackInTex » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:06 pm

tlynn78 wrote: Clearly, they're in-between dig whistles, at the moment.
I fixed the quote so it is more factual.

BTW, did you know Bob Juch has not beat his wife for over 4 years? There was a time you couldn't say that.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

jarnon

#645 Post by jarnon » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:09 am

President Trump on energy-efficient lighting: "The light bulb. People said what's with the light bulb. I said here's the story, and I looked at it. The bulb that we're being forced to use. Number one, to me, most importantly, the light's no good. I always look orange. And so do you. The light is the worst."
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

Bob Juch

#646 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:48 am

jarnon

#647 Post by jarnon » Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:48 am

jarnon wrote:Reporter: “Mr. President, Robert Mueller said last week that Russia is interfering in U.S. elections right now. Did you raise that with Vladimir Putin yesterday?”

Trump: “Oh you don't really believe this. Do you believe this?”
Jake Tapper wrote:I asked a senior national security official about POTUS’s comments to a journalist, when she asked if he spoke with Putin about Russian election interference, “Oh you don't really believe this. Do you believe this? Ok, fine. We didn't talk about it.”

The senior national security official on those comments: “Everyone at this point ignores what the president says and just does their job. The American people should take some measure of confidence in that.”
Tapper didn’t name the official, but it may be DNI Dan Coats, who recently resigned effective August 15. Trump tweeted that he would nominate Congressman John Ratcliffe (who questioned Mueller harshly last week). I doubt Ratcliffe would be as willing as Coats to give Trump intelligence he doesn’t want to hear. However, the press criticized Ratcliffe for lack of experience and embellishing his credentials, and he decided to stay in Congress. Trump said Ratcliffe was qualified and was treated unfairly, but he also thanked the press for helping him vet nominees in general.
About my post yesterday concerning a whistleblower:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=58194&p=561638#p561638

Conspiracy theorist Seth Abramson observed that the report was filed around the time Coats and his deputy Susan Gordon were forced to resign. A parting shot?
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

silverscreenselect

#648 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:34 am

Donald Trump 2016 referring to Gregory Cheadle wrote:Oh, look at my African American over here! Look at him! Are you the greatest
Gregory Cheadle 2019 wrote: Somewhere between Trump’s feud with former NFL star Colin Kaepernick and his attacks on Rep. Elijah E. Cummings (D-Md.), between his “shithole countries” comment and his “go back” tweets, I said, ‘Enough is enough. I’m sick of it.’ I just hope this is a wake-up call for the GOP. The GOP is going to be in the Smithsonian the way they’re going. Their only concern is for whites. They don’t care about the poor. They don’t care about anybody else.

Very few Republicans spoke out [about Trump's comments], and that’s part of the problem. I just found myself in amazement with the GOP just remaining silent when this was just so wrong. These things are wrong. I’m tired of blacks being denigrated and disrespected. I’m sick of it. And the GOP has done an excellent job of fueling my disgust by the way they have been treating us.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... rican-gop/

Cheadle has quit the Republican Party and plans to run for Congress in California's 1st District, a large in size district in the northeast corner of the state (currently represented by Republican Doug LaMalfa) as an independent in 2020.

BackInTex

#649 Post by BackInTex » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:16 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
Gregory Cheadle 2019 wrote:I’m tired of blacks being denigrated and disrespected. I’m sick of it.
LOL. So he's going to support "I stood up to Corn Pop" Joe?
~~ Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#650 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:35 am

Donald Trump to Reporters about New Border Wall 9/18/19 wrote:One thing we haven’t mentioned [about the wall] is technology. They’re wired so that we will know if somebody’s trying to break through.
Lt. Gen. Todd Semonite, head of the Army Corps of Engineers wrote:Sir, there could be some merit in not discussing that.
https://www.politico.com/story/2019/09/ ... on-1502257