Official Donny, Drumpf, Trump Thread

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Estonut
Evil Genius

Re: Official Donny, Drumpf, Trump Thread

#51 Post by Estonut » Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:08 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote: How many things do you have to conveniently believe to get Hillary off the hook?
Hillary and Bill have been investigated by a wide assortment of state and federal prosecutors and investigators for 30 years now who haven't found anything to indict her on. They have accepted every single investigation and co-operated (unlike Trump) and no one has found anything.
Hard to pin something on them when the mortality rate of people lined up to testify against them is so high. But that's just coincidence.
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

jarnon

#52 Post by jarnon » Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:33 pm

I've never read a column like this. I'll post it in full to avoid the paywall.
New York Times wrote:I Am Part of the Resistance Inside the Trump Administration

The Times today is taking the rare step of publishing an anonymous Op-Ed essay. We have done so at the request of the author, a senior official in the Trump administration whose identity is known to us and whose job would be jeopardized by its disclosure. We believe publishing this essay anonymously is the only way to deliver an important perspective to our readers. We invite you to submit a question about the essay or our vetting process here.

President Trump is facing a test to his presidency unlike any faced by a modern American leader.

It’s not just that the special counsel looms large. Or that the country is bitterly divided over Mr. Trump’s leadership. Or even that his party might well lose the House to an opposition hellbent on his downfall.

The dilemma — which he does not fully grasp — is that many of the senior officials in his own administration are working diligently from within to frustrate parts of his agenda and his worst inclinations.

I would know. I am one of them.

To be clear, ours is not the popular “resistance” of the left. We want the administration to succeed and think that many of its policies have already made America safer and more prosperous.

But we believe our first duty is to this country, and the president continues to act in a manner that is detrimental to the health of our republic.

That is why many Trump appointees have vowed to do what we can to preserve our democratic institutions while thwarting Mr. Trump’s more misguided impulses until he is out of office.

The root of the problem is the president’s amorality. Anyone who works with him knows he is not moored to any discernible first principles that guide his decision making.

Although he was elected as a Republican, the president shows little affinity for ideals long espoused by conservatives: free minds, free markets and free people. At best, he has invoked these ideals in scripted settings. At worst, he has attacked them outright.

In addition to his mass-marketing of the notion that the press is the “enemy of the people,” President Trump’s impulses are generally anti-trade and anti-democratic.

Don’t get me wrong. There are bright spots that the near-ceaseless negative coverage of the administration fails to capture: effective deregulation, historic tax reform, a more robust military and more.

But these successes have come despite — not because of — the president’s leadership style, which is impetuous, adversarial, petty and ineffective.

From the White House to executive branch departments and agencies, senior officials will privately admit their daily disbelief at the commander in chief’s comments and actions. Most are working to insulate their operations from his whims.

Meetings with him veer off topic and off the rails, he engages in repetitive rants, and his impulsiveness results in half-baked, ill-informed and occasionally reckless decisions that have to be walked back.

“There is literally no telling whether he might change his mind from one minute to the next,” a top official complained to me recently, exasperated by an Oval Office meeting at which the president flip-flopped on a major policy decision he’d made only a week earlier.

The erratic behavior would be more concerning if it weren’t for unsung heroes in and around the White House. Some of his aides have been cast as villains by the media. But in private, they have gone to great lengths to keep bad decisions contained to the West Wing, though they are clearly not always successful.

It may be cold comfort in this chaotic era, but Americans should know that there are adults in the room. We fully recognize what is happening. And we are trying to do what’s right even when Donald Trump won’t.

The result is a two-track presidency.

Take foreign policy: In public and in private, President Trump shows a preference for autocrats and dictators, such as President Vladimir Putin of Russia and North Korea’s leader, Kim Jong-un, and displays little genuine appreciation for the ties that bind us to allied, like-minded nations.

Astute observers have noted, though, that the rest of the administration is operating on another track, one where countries like Russia are called out for meddling and punished accordingly, and where allies around the world are engaged as peers rather than ridiculed as rivals.

On Russia, for instance, the president was reluctant to expel so many of Mr. Putin’s spies as punishment for the poisoning of a former Russian spy in Britain. He complained for weeks about senior staff members letting him get boxed into further confrontation with Russia, and he expressed frustration that the United States continued to impose sanctions on the country for its malign behavior. But his national security team knew better — such actions had to be taken, to hold Moscow accountable.

This isn’t the work of the so-called deep state. It’s the work of the steady state.

Given the instability many witnessed, there were early whispers within the cabinet of invoking the 25th Amendment, which would start a complex process for removing the president. But no one wanted to precipitate a constitutional crisis. So we will do what we can to steer the administration in the right direction until — one way or another — it’s over.

The bigger concern is not what Mr. Trump has done to the presidency but rather what we as a nation have allowed him to do to us. We have sunk low with him and allowed our discourse to be stripped of civility.

Senator John McCain put it best in his farewell letter. All Americans should heed his words and break free of the tribalism trap, with the high aim of uniting through our shared values and love of this great nation.

We may no longer have Senator McCain. But we will always have his example — a lodestar for restoring honor to public life and our national dialogue. Mr. Trump may fear such honorable men, but we should revere them.

There is a quiet resistance within the administration of people choosing to put country first. But the real difference will be made by everyday citizens rising above politics, reaching across the aisle and resolving to shed the labels in favor of a single one: Americans.
I expect one of two reactions from Trump: accuse the Failing Times of fabricating it, or demand to expose the Deep State traitors. Or if he's as illogical as the column says, he could do both.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

Bob Juch

#53 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:44 pm

Let the real wich hunt begin! :lol:
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

silverscreenselect

#54 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:19 pm

Tapping my watch until Flock chimes in with "Fake News." Or, perhaps, "Hillary's e-mails."
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Vandal
Director of Promos

#55 Post by Vandal » Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:26 pm

Bob Juch wrote:Let the real wich hunt begin! :lol:
Then we'll all know which witch is wich.
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

jarnon

#56 Post by jarnon » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:26 pm

jarnon wrote:I expect one of two reactions from Trump: accuse the Failing Times of fabricating it, or demand to expose the Deep State traitors. Or if he's as illogical as the column says, he could do both.
They went with option two.
Sarah Sanders wrote:Nearly 62 million people voted for President Donald J. Trump in 2016, earning him 306 Electoral College votes – versus 232 for his opponent. None of them voted for a gutless, anonymous source to the failing New York Times.
This coward should do the right thing and resign.
Donald J. Trump wrote:TREASON?
Last edited by jarnon on Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#57 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:42 pm

jarnon wrote:
jarnon wrote:I expect one of two reactions from Trump: accuse the Failing Times of fabricating it, or demand to expose the Deep State traitors. Or if he's as illogical as the column says, he could do both.
Sarah Sanders wrote:Nearly 62 million people voted for President Donald J. Trump in 2016, earning him 306 Electoral College votes – versus 232 for his opponent. None of them voted for a gutless, anonymous source to the failing New York Times.
So 65 million people voted for sane, responsible leadership in the Oval Office. I'm glad someone in the Administration is doing what he or she can to respect the plurality views of the American people. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

jarnon

#58 Post by jarnon » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:05 pm

jarnon wrote:
Donald J. Trump wrote:TREASON?
Logic lasted only an hour and a half. It's Fake News and it's Treason!
Donald J. Trump wrote:Does the so-called “Senior Administration Official” really exist, or is it just the Failing New York Times with another phony source? If the GUTLESS anonymous person does indeed exist, the Times must, for National Security purposes, turn him/her over to government at once!
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

flockofseagulls104

#59 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:10 pm

So 65 million people voted for sane, responsible leadership in the Oval Office.
What country was that in? Here, practically no one did. They didn't have much of a choice. I was one of the few who did.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

flockofseagulls104

#60 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:03 pm

Here is the video of the Google All-Hands TGIF meeting immediately after the election of trump. Wow. [Assuming that Breitbart didn't make this whole thing up.]

https://youtu.be/-he5S1UFeC8

If you watch this entire hour and are not convinced that Google is a completely biased company from the top down, I don't know what planet you come from. What if you are conservative and work for Google? Talk about a hostile work environment! Look what happened to that one guy who spoke out a couple years ago. My God!

And this is just Google. Most of the other internet and social media companies are probably just as extreme leftist and biased from the top down.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

silverscreenselect

#61 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:13 pm

Here's one more reason why Trump's support is mostly holding among Republicans. Billionaire CEO of L Brands (parent company of Victoria's Secret) Les Wexner, a Republican since college, has quit the party after Obama's Ohio campaign speech.
“I’m an independent. I won’t support this nonsense in the Republican Party.
http://www.dispatch.com/news/20180915/l ... n-columbus

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#62 Post by Beebs52 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:32 pm

Snort. That's funny I don't care who yar.
Well, then

Bob Juch

#63 Post by Bob Juch » Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:22 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:Here's one more reason why Trump's support is mostly holding among Republicans. Billionaire CEO of L Brands (parent company of Victoria's Secret) Les Wexner, a Republican since college, has quit the party after Obama's Ohio campaign speech.
“I’m an independent. I won’t support this nonsense in the Republican Party.
http://www.dispatch.com/news/20180915/l ... n-columbus
So are tump women going to start burning their bras?
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

flockofseagulls104

#64 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:26 pm

Well, let's see what this leads to....
https://nypost.com/2018/09/17/trump-ord ... lassified/

silverscreenselect

#65 Post by silverscreenselect » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:01 am

Donald Trump is good for small business--NOT:
{Sandwich chain} Taylor Gourmet will close all 17 of its DC-area stores after Sunday, September 23. Friday is the last day for the hoagie chain’s two Chicago stores... Taylor Gourmet’s official line is that its rapid expansion may have been too much, too fast...

However, three people familiar with the company say sales began to decline after owner Patten met with President Donald Trump at a small business roundtable at the White House in January 2017. Facing backlash and calls for boycotts, Patten told the Washington Post that he’s apolitical when it comes to business and pointed out he also participated in a roundtable discussion with President Barack Obama in 2012. The restaurant posted a “Less Politics, More Hoagies” sign at its Chinatown shop. “Our sales dropped 40 percent the next day,” says one source who spoke on the condition of anonymity. “And it persisted and never really got any better.” A spokesperson couldn’t confirm that number but says the meeting with Trump “contributed” to a downturn in sales.
https://www.washingtonian.com/2018/09/2 ... ts-stores/

BackInTex

#66 Post by BackInTex » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:44 am

silverscreenselect wrote:Donald Trump is good for small business--NOT:
{Sandwich chain} Taylor Gourmet will close all 17 of its DC-area stores after Sunday, September 23. Friday is the last day for the hoagie chain’s two Chicago stores... Taylor Gourmet’s official line is that its rapid expansion may have been too much, too fast...

However, three people familiar with the company say sales began to decline after owner Patten met with President Donald Trump at a small business roundtable at the White House in January 2017. Facing backlash and calls for boycotts, Patten told the Washington Post that he’s apolitical when it comes to business and pointed out he also participated in a roundtable discussion with President Barack Obama in 2012. The restaurant posted a “Less Politics, More Hoagies” sign at its Chinatown shop. “Our sales dropped 40 percent the next day,” says one source who spoke on the condition of anonymity. “And it persisted and never really got any better.” A spokesperson couldn’t confirm that number but says the meeting with Trump “contributed” to a downturn in sales.
https://www.washingtonian.com/2018/09/2 ... ts-stores/
It would be more accurate and truthful to admit the left's TDS is bad for small business....and America.

It's troubling that you post something like this and either think its funny or a good thing, or both. The chain did not deny service to anyone nor allow or support harassment of its customers. And many lower wage workers will be out of work (but I suspect you think that's funny or a good thing, or both, too).
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#67 Post by silverscreenselect » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:20 am

BackInTex wrote: And many lower wage workers will be out of work (but I suspect you think that's funny or a good thing, or both, too).
No, they won't be out of work. Unless people stop eating sub sandwiches for lunch, those customers will just go to other places or to a new, presumably better run restaurant that takes the place of Taylor Gourmet. As long as the demand for food is there, the need for food workers will be too and these people will go to other restaurants.

Estonut
Evil Genius

#68 Post by Estonut » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:53 pm

BackInTex wrote: And many lower wage workers will be out of work (but I suspect you think that's funny or a good thing, or both, too).
No, they won't be out of work. Unless people stop eating sub sandwiches for lunch, those customers will just go to other places or to a new, presumably better run restaurant that takes the place of Taylor Gourmet. As long as the demand for food is there, the need for food workers will be too and these people will go to other restaurants.
The same can be said for shoes. I'm waiting for the Nike boycott:

Nike has donated three times as much money to Republicans as Democrats this year
Groucho Marx

Estonut
Evil Genius

#69 Post by Estonut » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:13 pm

The left tried to ruin In-N-Out, too. Interesting how such a caring, intelligent group of people are willing to do so without a bit of research first.

Boycott In-N-Out? Some say yes after company gives $25,000 to GOP
Groucho Marx

Bob Juch

#70 Post by Bob Juch » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:28 pm

Estonut wrote:

Nike has donated three times as much money to Republicans as Democrats this year
According to the report, nearly half of all donated funds from Nike employees has come from co-founder Phil Knight and his family.

Estonut
Evil Genius

#71 Post by Estonut » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:42 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Estonut wrote:
silverscreenselect wrote:No, they won't be out of work. Unless people stop eating sub sandwiches for lunch, those customers will just go to other places or to a new, presumably better run restaurant that takes the place of Taylor Gourmet. As long as the demand for food is there, the need for food workers will be too and these people will go to other restaurants.

According to the report, nearly half of all donated funds from Nike employees has come from co-founder Phil Knight and his family.
So what? That means that over half have not.
Groucho Marx

Bob Juch

#72 Post by Bob Juch » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:19 pm

Estonut wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:
Estonut wrote:The same can be said for shoes. I'm waiting for the Nike boycott:

That means that if you subtract Knight's contributions, the Republican and Democrat contributions are about equal. I'm glad to see that Nike doesn't discriminate.

Estonut
Evil Genius

#73 Post by Estonut » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:17 am

Bob Juch wrote:
Estonut wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:
That means that if you subtract Knight's contributions, the Republican and Democrat contributions are about equal. I'm glad to see that Nike doesn't discriminate.
The left wanted to drive In-N-Out out of business for a single donation to the right.
Groucho Marx

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#74 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:02 am

Estonut wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:
Estonut wrote:So what? That means that over half have not.
The left wanted to drive In-N-Out out of business for a single donation to the right.
For someone who gets upset about overbroad descriptions of "Republicans," you toss around terms like "the left" rather freely. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Estonut
Evil Genius

#75 Post by Estonut » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:20 am

Bob78164 wrote:
Estonut wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:That means that if you subtract Knight's contributions, the Republican and Democrat contributions are about equal. I'm glad to see that Nike doesn't discriminate.
For someone who gets upset about overbroad descriptions of "Republicans," you toss around terms like "the left" rather freely.
You are right about my generalization. I apologize. I should have said, "Many on the left wanted to drive In-N-Out out of business for a single donation to the right."

You said that I "toss around terms like 'the left' rather freely." I just searched all of my posts and found 54 hits for those words, but the only times that I used the term "the left" in the political context were both regarding In-N-Out in this thread. You, yourself, have 113 hits for those words. You also have 887 hits on Republican*. I did not care to drill into the threads past the rough searches, but I'm pretty sure that many more than 2 are disparaging generalizations.
Groucho Marx