Official Donny, Drumpf, Trump Thread

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob Juch

Re: Official Donny, Drumpf, Trump Thread

#501 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:25 pm

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

silverscreenselect

#502 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:28 am

BackInTex wrote:I hope whomever did this is caught (and they will be).
Your hope came true. An AV aide for Turning Point USA has been fired.
According to a source familiar with the event, the incident was just a terrible Google search mistake. TPUSA had event branding on the screens, but during a run through ahead of Trump's remarks a few hours before the event, the team was told they had to change the branding to a presidential seal, prompting a search for a high quality image. "One of our video team members did a Google Image search for a high-res png (file) presidential seal," a source familiar with the incident said, adding that the individual "did the search and with the pressure of the event, didn't notice that it is a doctored seal."
https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/25/politics ... index.html
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Estonut
Evil Genius

#503 Post by Estonut » Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:47 am

According to a source familiar with the event, the incident was just a terrible Google search mistake. TPUSA had event branding on the screens, but during a run through ahead of Trump's remarks a few hours before the event, the team was told they had to change the branding to a presidential seal, prompting a search for a high quality image. "One of our video team members did a Google Image search for a high-res png (file) presidential seal," a source familiar with the incident said, adding that the individual "did the search and with the pressure of the event, didn't notice that it is a doctored seal."
What a load of crap. If you do a Google image search for <"presidential seal" .png>, you have to bypass a few hundred images before this doctored one shows up. Any of the first 10 would have been exactly what they wanted. If this was an innocent mistake, why was the team member terminated?
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

Bob Juch

#504 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:08 am

Estonut wrote:
What a load of crap. If you do a Google image search for <"presidential seal" .png>, you have to bypass a few hundred images before this doctored one shows up. Any of the first 10 would have been exactly what they wanted. If this was an innocent mistake, why was the team member terminated?
Not anymore. It's in 12 of the first 15 images.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

silverscreenselect

#505 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:24 am

Bob Juch wrote:Not anymore. It's in 12 of the first 15 images.
That's after the fact. This is sort of like when Steve Perry was on Millionaire and the question came up about Carol Brady's maiden name (Nelson). It wasn't easy to find with a Google search in 30 seconds when he taped the show, but after it aired it was at the top of search lists.

Vandal
Director of Promos

#506 Post by Vandal » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:31 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
That's after the fact. This is sort of like when Steve Perry was on Millionaire and the question came up about Carol Brady's maiden name (Nelson). It wasn't easy to find with a Google search in 30 seconds when he taped the show, but after it aired it was at the top of search lists.
I'll go ahead and say it:

Tyler was her maiden name and Martin was her previous married name.
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

Bob Juch

#507 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:54 pm

That's my point: I can't verify where it was before.

silverscreenselect

#508 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:07 pm

GOP National Chair Ronna McDaniel wrote:In recent weeks it has become increasingly clear that the proper respect and handling for the United States flag is an issue for the Democrat Party. The American flag is a powerful symbol of freedom and independence that many have died to protect. It deserves to be treated as such.
McDaniel sent these comments to Rep. Seth Moulton, one of the 500 Democrats who is running for President and an Iraq War veteran along with an American flag and a copy of the U.S. Flag Code. The only problem was that someone didn't read the code and folded the flag improperly. As Mouton pointed out in his reply:
Hey, @GOP thank you for mailing me the flag and a copy of the flag code. Next time, show some respect and fold it properly.

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing ... rican-flag

Estonut
Evil Genius

#509 Post by Estonut » Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:27 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Estonut wrote:
Not anymore. It's in 12 of the first 15 images.
No, the first one now shows up at #17.
Groucho Marx

Estonut
Evil Genius

#510 Post by Estonut » Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:28 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
That's my point: I can't verify where it was before.
A more sophisticated Google user understands how to use the date selection feature.
Groucho Marx

silverscreenselect

#511 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:59 pm

Donald Trump 7/27/19 wrote:Rep, Elijah Cummings has been a brutal bully, shouting and screaming at the great men & women of Border Patrol about conditions at the Southern Border, when actually his Baltimore district is FAR WORSE and more dangerous. His district is considered the Worst in the USA. As proven last week during a Congressional tour, the Border is clean, efficient & well run, just very crowded. Cumming District is a disgusting, rat and rodent infested mess. If he spent more time in Baltimore, maybe he could help clean up this very dangerous & filthy place. Why is so much money sent to the Elijah Cummings district when it is considered the worst run and most dangerous anywhere in the United States. No human being would want to live there. Where is all this money going? How much is stolen? Investigate this corrupt mess immediately!
Gee, what do Elijah Cummings and the Squad have in common? Hmm, I wonder.

Some facts about Cummings' district (the second wealthiest majority black district in the country) from the Baltimore Sun:

https://www.baltimoresun.com/politics/b ... story.html

Spock

#512 Post by Spock » Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:01 pm

Donald Trump 7/27/19 wrote:Rep, Elijah Cummings has been a brutal bully, shouting and screaming at the great men & women of Border Patrol about conditions at the Southern Border, when actually his Baltimore district is FAR WORSE and more dangerous. His district is considered the Worst in the USA. As proven last week during a Congressional tour, the Border is clean, efficient & well run, just very crowded. Cumming District is a disgusting, rat and rodent infested mess. If he spent more time in Baltimore, maybe he could help clean up this very dangerous & filthy place. Why is so much money sent to the Elijah Cummings district when it is considered the worst run and most dangerous anywhere in the United States. No human being would want to live there. Where is all this money going? How much is stolen? Investigate this corrupt mess immediately!

Some facts about Cummings' district (the second wealthiest majority black district in the country) from the Baltimore Sun:

I know that granularity is beyond you (as you have demonstrated time and again over the years) but I suspect Cummings has some really bad parts of Baltimore, plus some wealthy areas.

Trump's not wrong to point out that parts of Cummings district are really bad.

Granularize the district if you will.

It is meaningless to lump wealthy suburbs with inner-city Baltimore for analysis purposes.

The take in the linked story seems to be that there is wealth in the district so there are no problems in Baltimore.

silverscreenselect

#513 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:16 pm

Spock wrote:

I know that granularity is beyond you (as you have demonstrated time and again over the years) but I suspect Cummings has some really bad parts of Baltimore, plus some wealthy areas.

Except that Trump has offered no evidence to back up his claims other than playing to the preconceived notions of his base about what life in the largely black inner city is like. He has made similar comments in the past about John Lewis' Fifth District here in Georgia. And your statement about what you "suspect" indicates you may have some preconceived notions about Cummings' district as well.

Bob Juch

#514 Post by Bob Juch » Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:53 am

Spock wrote:

Granularize the district if you will.

It is meaningless to lump wealthy suburbs with inner-city Baltimore for analysis purposes.

The take in the linked story seems to be that there is wealth in the district so there are no problems in Baltimore.
Cummings district has the best parts of the city of Baltimore and the suburbs are not particularly wealthy.

silverscreenselect

#515 Post by silverscreenselect » Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:36 am

Today's editorial in the Baltimore Sun
Baltimore Sun 7/28/19 wrote:It’s not hard to see what’s going on here. [Congressman Cummings] has been a thorn in this president’s side, and Mr. Trump sees attacking African American members of Congress as good politics, as it both warms the cockles of the white supremacists who love him and causes so many of the thoughtful people who don’t to scream. President Trump bad-mouthed Baltimore in order to make a point that the border camps are “clean, efficient & well run," which, of course, they are not — unless you are fine with all the overcrowding, squalor, cages and deprivation to be found in what the Department of Homeland Security’s own inspector-general recently called “a ticking time bomb."

In pointing to the 7th, the president wasn’t hoping his supporters would recognize landmarks like Johns Hopkins Hospital, perhaps the nation’s leading medical center. He wasn’t conjuring images of the U.S. Social Security Administration, where they write the checks that so many retired and disabled Americans depend upon. It wasn’t about the beauty of the Inner Harbor or the proud history of Fort McHenry. And it surely wasn’t about the economic standing of a district where the median income is actually above the national average. No, he was returning to an old standby of attacking an African American lawmaker from a majority black district on the most emotional and bigoted of arguments. It was only surprising that there wasn’t room for a few classic phrases like “you people” or “welfare queens” or “crime-ridden ghettos” or a suggestion that the congressman “go back” to where he came from.
[W]e would above all remind Mr. Trump that the 7th District, Baltimore included, is part of the United States that he is supposedly governing. The White House has far more power to effect change in this city, for good or ill, than any single member of Congress including Mr. Cummings. If there are problems here, rodents included, they are as much his responsibility as anyone’s, perhaps more because he holds the most powerful office in the land.

Finally, while we would not sink to name-calling in the Trumpian manner — or ruefully point out that he failed to spell the congressman’s name correctly (it’s Cummings, not Cumming) — we would tell the most dishonest man to ever occupy the Oval Office, the mocker of war heroes, the gleeful grabber of women’s private parts, the serial bankrupter of businesses, the useful idiot of Vladimir Putin and the guy who insisted there are “good people” among murderous neo-Nazis that he’s still not fooling most Americans into believing he’s even slightly competent in his current post. Or that he possesses a scintilla of integrity. Better to have some vermin living in your neighborhood than to be one.
https://www.baltimoresun.com/opinion/ed ... story.html

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#516 Post by Bob78164 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:48 pm

Spock wrote:

Except that Trump has offered no evidence to back up his claims other than playing to the preconceived notions of his base about what life in the largely black inner city is like. He has made similar comments in the past about John Lewis' Fifth District here in Georgia. And your statement about what you "suspect" indicates you may have some preconceived notions about Cummings' district as well.
It turns out that Donny confused Rep. Cummings’s district in Baltimore City with the rodent-infested apartments in Baltimore County owned by Jared Kushner. —Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

jarnon

#517 Post by jarnon » Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:11 am

Donald J. Trump wrote:“If the Democrats would have closed the Loopholes two years ago when President Trump asked them to do so, none of this stuff would have happened.” @ThomasHomanICE
Trump heard Homan recently on Fox News and apparently forgot that Homan retired a year ago. It's understandable: there have been so many acting ICE directors that even a stable genius mixes them up. @ThomasHomanICE is a parody account.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

silverscreenselect

#518 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:03 am

Bob78164 wrote:
Spock wrote:

It turns out that Donny confused Rep. Cummings’s district in Baltimore City with the rodent-infested apartments in Baltimore County owned by Jared Kushner. —Bob
Speaking of rodent problems:

Trump's NYC eateries written up for 'live mice,' other 'critical' health code violations in recent months
Violations at the President’s crown jewel and Manhattan residence — Trump Tower on Fifth Avenue — are perhaps the most gag-inducing. City Department of Health inspectors visited the tower’s cafe and grill on July 11, 2018 and found “evidence of mice or live mice” in and around the kitchen, according to records that haven’t previously been reported. The inspectors categorized the violation as “critical.”

The inspectors also deemed the restaurant “not vermin proof” and said its “conditions” are “conducive to attracting vermin” and “allowing vermin to exist.” Moreover, the eatery’s “food contact surfaces” had not been properly maintained and “unacceptable” material had been used to build some “non-food contact” stations, making them practically impossible to clean. The Trump Tower eatery has been written up for various health code violations every year since 2014, including sightings of “live roaches” in 2016 and “filth flies” in 2017. But inspectors have not — until now — found mice tracks at the posh establishment.

jarnon

#519 Post by jarnon » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:51 am

Trump jokes to an audience that includes many World Trade Center survivors: "I don't know if this stage will hold it, but if it doesn't, we're not falling very far."
:shock:
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

BackInTex

#520 Post by BackInTex » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:09 am

jarnon wrote:Trump jokes to an audience that includes many World Trade Center survivors: "I don't know if this stage will hold it, but if it doesn't, we're not falling very far."
Shocked? Really? Are you that easily offended? So no one can comment on falling or a mention height to WTC survivors?

I hope you have a nice supply of bubble wrap.

it's sad that any comment made by Trump is dissected and cross referenced with every written word or event over the past 50 years to try and find some thread that can be made as a direct offense to some group. It's sad that seemingly intelligent people want/hope/relish these things, and that they choose to post and re-post them here and elsewhere.

Grow a pair or stay in your basement.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

jarnon

#521 Post by jarnon » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:30 am

BackInTex wrote:
jarnon wrote:Trump jokes to an audience that includes many World Trade Center survivors: "I don't know if this stage will hold it, but if it doesn't, we're not falling very far."
Shocked? Really? Are you that easily offended? So no one can comment on falling or a mention height to WTC survivors?

it's sad that any comment made by Trump is dissected and cross referenced with every written word or event over the past 50 years to try and find some thread that can be made as a direct offense to some group. It's sad that seemingly intelligent people want/hope/relish these things, and that they choose to post and re-post them here and elsewhere.

The survivors were sitting right in front of him so my reaction isn't such a big stretch. It's just a tasteless joke, not an impeachable offense.

The purpose of this thread is to collect faux pas like this that aren't worthy of an individual topic. I created one for Sleepy Joe too.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

tlynn78

#522 Post by tlynn78 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:49 am

jarnon wrote:
BackInTex wrote:

The survivors were sitting right in front of him so my reaction isn't such a big stretch. It's just a tasteless joke, not an impeachable offense.

The purpose of this thread is to collect faux pas like this that aren't worthy of an individual topic. I created one for Sleepy Joe too.
Kind of like a middle school 'Slam Book'
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

flockofseagulls104

#523 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:27 am

Here's the purpose of this thread stated when I created it:

Since the trump haters like to post at least one complaint or stupid meme every day just to remind us how he's threatening our democracy, I thought we could make one thread for it. I think it will soon become the longest one we have ever had, because they all seem to jump on the newest one and pile on the inane insults or moralize to the rest of us for their own entertainment.
It has long ago surpassed the epitath thread and is still growing thanks to the TDS sufferers among us.

PS: and for those of us that occasionally do some introspection, I would say that our own, homegrown media complex has done a terrific job in showing the Russians how to do what they intended to do to the 2016 election. We have definitely won the riling up the 'Unhinged Base Race'. There is no shortage in weak-minded, persuadable, useful idiots in the US. On any side of any issue.
Last edited by flockofseagulls104 on Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

silverscreenselect

#524 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:49 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote: they all seem to jump on the newest one and pile on the inane insults or moralize to the rest of us for their own entertainment.

It has long ago surpassed the epitath thread and is still growing thanks to the TDS sufferers among us.
"The rest of us" is the 30% or so like Flock who are hopelessly in the tank for Trump. Most people with a shred of decency would be offended by a statement from the President of the United States that no human being would want to live in Elijah Cummings' district in Baltimore. And from the last couple of comments on this thread, both Trump and Kushner are experts on rodents and other vermin.

silverscreenselect

#525 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:44 pm

Ronald Reagan 1971 wrote:To see those, those monkeys from those African countries—damn them, they’re still uncomfortable wearing shoes.
Newly discovered audio from a conversation in 1971 between Reagan and President Nixon, recorded by Nixon and eventually turned over to the Nixon Presidential Library, as reported in The Atlantic. The difference between Reagan and Trump is that Trump makes no attempt to hide his feelings in public and he doesn't have Reagan's practiced soothing manner of public speaking.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... on/595102/