WWTBAM Bored

A home for the weary.
It is currently Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:14 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:03 pm 
Offline
Myth Mashing Merry Man
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:19 am
Posts: 17
Location: 221B Bored Street
Trump tweet:

Quote:
Even President Ronald Reagan tried for 8 years to build a Border Wall, or Fence, and was unable to do so.


FALSE

Despite what President Trump said, former president Ronald Reagan didn’t try for eight years to build a border wall along the frontier with Mexico. However, other administrations and agencies have indeed succeeded in building walls in sections, and walls and fencing already separate the U.S. from Mexico for hundreds of miles along the 2,000-mile border.

Speaking to the Washington Post, Doris Meissner, who served in the Reagan administration as executive associate commissioner of the Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS), said, “There was not any discussion at the senior policy levels during the Reagan administration about fencing or a wall that I can recall.” (INS was the federal immigration agency that was replaced by Immigration and Customs Enforcement, commonly known as ICE.)

Reagan addressed the topic during a 23 April 1980 debate with George H.W. Bush, a Republican primary candidate who would become Reagan’s vice president. When asked by an audience member if “the children of illegal aliens should be allowed to attend Texas public schools free,” Reagan said the issue could be resolved by providing immigrants a path to work and live in the U.S. legally.

Recognizing high unemployment rates in Mexico and the threat of the Cuban influence during the Cold War, Reagan said he believed in free movement between the U.S. and Mexico for those who wanted to come to the U.S. to work:

Rather than making them … we’re talking about putting up a fence. Why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems, make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit, and then while they’re working and earning here, they pay taxes here? And when they want to go back, they can go back and they can cross. And open the border both ways by understanding their problems. This is the only safety valve they have with that unemployment that probably keeps the lid from blowing off down there. And I think we could have a fine relationship and it would solve the problem you mentioned also.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/ronald-reagan-border-wall-idea/

_________________
IMPOSSUMBLE!!!!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:05 pm 
Offline
Director of Promos
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:42 pm
Posts: 3846
Location: Literary Circles
Image

_________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man


Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

With agent:
The Dragon's Song

Just finished:
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Up Next:
Devin Drake and The Roller-Ghoster
Devin Drake and the Haunted Balcony


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:52 pm
Posts: 4480
Location: Merion, Pa.
Vandal wrote:
Image

Burger King wrote:
due to a large order placed yesterday, we're all out of hamberders.
just serving hamburgers today.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:24 am 
Offline
Director of Promos
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:42 pm
Posts: 3846
Location: Literary Circles
Fake news for May Day:

Image

_________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man


Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

With agent:
The Dragon's Song

Just finished:
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Up Next:
Devin Drake and The Roller-Ghoster
Devin Drake and the Haunted Balcony


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:52 pm
Posts: 4480
Location: Merion, Pa.
Well, our country has survived the first two years of the most tumultuous presidency in modern times, thank goodness.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:53 pm 
Offline
Director of Promos
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:42 pm
Posts: 3846
Location: Literary Circles
Kamala Harris Declares Candidacy, Evoking King and Joining Diverse Field

Quote:
Senator Kamala Harris, the California Democrat and barrier-breaking prosecutor who became the second black woman to serve in the United States Senate, declared her candidacy for president on Monday, joining an increasingly crowded and diverse field in what promises to be a wide-open nomination process.

For the first time, the Democratic presidential race now includes several high-profile women, with Ms. Harris joining two other prominent senators, Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts and Kirsten Gillibrand of New York. Representative Tulsi Gabbard, a Hawaii Democrat, has also said she is running, and more women could enter the race in the coming weeks.


https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/21/us/politics/kamala-harris-2020-president.html?smid=tw-bna

_________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man


Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

With agent:
The Dragon's Song

Just finished:
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Up Next:
Devin Drake and The Roller-Ghoster
Devin Drake and the Haunted Balcony


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:06 am 
Offline
Director of Promos
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:42 pm
Posts: 3846
Location: Literary Circles
Supreme Court allows Trump's partial military ban on transgender people in military to take effect

Quote:
The Supreme Court will allow President Trump's partial ban on transgender people serving in the military to take effect while court challenges continue.

Responding to Justice Department requests, the high court Tuesday cleared away lower court actions that blocked the controversial policy from being implemented for nearly a year.

The order represents a victory for the administration, which has railed against nationwide injunctions issued by local judges. Similar injunctions have thwarted efforts to deport undocumented immigrants who arrived as children, as well as asylum-seekers who cross the border illegally.


https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/01/22/supreme-court-clears-way-partial-transgender-ban-military/2529314002/

_________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man


Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

With agent:
The Dragon's Song

Just finished:
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Up Next:
Devin Drake and The Roller-Ghoster
Devin Drake and the Haunted Balcony


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:34 am 
Offline
Director of Promos
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:42 pm
Posts: 3846
Location: Literary Circles
Trump Tweet:

BUILD A WALL & CRIME WILL FALL! This is the new theme, for two years until the Wall is finished (under construction now), of the Republican Party. Use it and pray!

_________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man


Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

With agent:
The Dragon's Song

Just finished:
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Up Next:
Devin Drake and The Roller-Ghoster
Devin Drake and the Haunted Balcony


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:58 am
Posts: 22241
Location: Oro Valley, Arizona
Vandal wrote:
Trump Tweet:

BUILD A WALL & CRIME WILL FALL! This is the new theme, for two years until the Wall is finished (under construction now), of the Republican Party. Use it and pray!

More crimes have been committed in the White House than by illegal immigrants.

_________________
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:46 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Posts: 16106
State Department Cancels International Border Security Conference Due to Shutdown over Border Security

Quote:
The 16th International Export Control and Border Security Conference was scheduled to take place in Edinburgh, Scotland, in mid-February, with a goal of preventing the proliferation and transfer of weapons of mass destruction and conventional weapons across borders. "This conference brings together approximately 270 export control and border security practitioners from 85 partner countries involved in dual-use and conventional arms policy, licensing, and enforcement to promote the development of effective strategic trade management and counter proliferation measures," [a State Department] spokesperson said.

According to the State Department, the Export Control and Related Border Security (EXBS) program "seeks to prevent the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction and destabilizing accumulations and irresponsible transfers of conventional weapons by building effective national strategic trade control systems in countries that possess, produce, or supply strategic items, as well as in countries through which such items are most likely to transit."

"In developing and improving these trade and border control systems, we work to ensure conformity with international standards for regulating trade in items on the control lists of the multilateral export control regimes, to prevent the authorization of transfers to end-uses and end-users of proliferation concern, and to detect and interdict illicit transfers at the border," the State Department says on its website. The EXBS events, including the conference, are meant "to bring national policymakers and technical experts together to share information about proliferation challenges and the latest developments in the multilateral nonproliferation regimes, to compare experiences, and to facilitate information-sharing and networking,"


Yet another way to make America great again.

_________________
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Posts: 4610
Location: Atlanta, GA
silverscreenselect wrote:
State Department Cancels International Border Security Conference Due to Shutdown over Border Security

Quote:
The 16th International Export Control and Border Security Conference was scheduled to take place in Edinburgh, Scotland, in mid-February, with a goal of preventing the proliferation and transfer of weapons of mass destruction and conventional weapons across borders. "This conference brings together approximately 270 export control and border security practitioners from 85 partner countries involved in dual-use and conventional arms policy, licensing, and enforcement to promote the development of effective strategic trade management and counter proliferation measures," [a State Department] spokesperson said.

According to the State Department, the Export Control and Related Border Security (EXBS) program "seeks to prevent the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction and destabilizing accumulations and irresponsible transfers of conventional weapons by building effective national strategic trade control systems in countries that possess, produce, or supply strategic items, as well as in countries through which such items are most likely to transit."

"In developing and improving these trade and border control systems, we work to ensure conformity with international standards for regulating trade in items on the control lists of the multilateral export control regimes, to prevent the authorization of transfers to end-uses and end-users of proliferation concern, and to detect and interdict illicit transfers at the border," the State Department says on its website. The EXBS events, including the conference, are meant "to bring national policymakers and technical experts together to share information about proliferation challenges and the latest developments in the multilateral nonproliferation regimes, to compare experiences, and to facilitate information-sharing and networking,"


Yet another way to make America great again.


Another Bat Phone special. If you're worried about this, you need to call Nancy, wake her up and get her to the negotiations table.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Posts: 16106
flockofseagulls104 wrote:

Another Bat Phone special. If you're worried about this, you need to call Nancy, wake her up and get her to the negotiations table.


Nancy's willing to negotiate. She's not willing to do so at the point of a gun or to throw money at an unneeded and wasteful wall just to satisfy Trump's ego in response to a non-existent crisis.

He's the one screaming about border security, yet he's taking steps that are actively making it worse.

_________________
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:09 pm 
Offline
Bored Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Posts: 17942
Location: By the phone
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
silverscreenselect wrote:
State Department Cancels International Border Security Conference Due to Shutdown over Border Security

Quote:
The 16th International Export Control and Border Security Conference was scheduled to take place in Edinburgh, Scotland, in mid-February, with a goal of preventing the proliferation and transfer of weapons of mass destruction and conventional weapons across borders. "This conference brings together approximately 270 export control and border security practitioners from 85 partner countries involved in dual-use and conventional arms policy, licensing, and enforcement to promote the development of effective strategic trade management and counter proliferation measures," [a State Department] spokesperson said.

According to the State Department, the Export Control and Related Border Security (EXBS) program "seeks to prevent the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction and destabilizing accumulations and irresponsible transfers of conventional weapons by building effective national strategic trade control systems in countries that possess, produce, or supply strategic items, as well as in countries through which such items are most likely to transit."

"In developing and improving these trade and border control systems, we work to ensure conformity with international standards for regulating trade in items on the control lists of the multilateral export control regimes, to prevent the authorization of transfers to end-uses and end-users of proliferation concern, and to detect and interdict illicit transfers at the border," the State Department says on its website. The EXBS events, including the conference, are meant "to bring national policymakers and technical experts together to share information about proliferation challenges and the latest developments in the multilateral nonproliferation regimes, to compare experiences, and to facilitate information-sharing and networking,"


Yet another way to make America great again.


Another Bat Phone special. If you're worried about this, you need to call Nancy, wake her up and get her to the negotiations table.
Not how democracy works. Democrats just decisively won an election after Donny made it about his claims about border security. We’ve had this debate and we won it in November. America won. Donny lost. The House is respecting the voice of the people. Donny is not.

Eventually Donny will be forced to cave as more Republicans in the Senate vote to reopen government. And if that doesn’t happen, the electoral bloodbath they will suffer in November will make the blue wave of 2018 look like a ripple in a wading pool. —Bob

_________________
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:02 pm 
Offline
Director of Promos
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:42 pm
Posts: 3846
Location: Literary Circles
Trump: ‘We have reached a deal’ to end government shutdown for three weeks

Quote:
President Donald Trump said Friday he will support an agreement to end the partial government shutdown that does not include border wall funding, likely marking a close to the longest lapse in government services in U.S. history.

“We have reached a deal to end the shutdown and reopen the federal government," he said.

Trump's decision, which he announced during a hastily arranged address in the White House Rose Garden, came amid mounting pressure from members of Congress to end the impasse. That pressure only built Friday as airports along the East Coast reported delays due to a lack of air traffic controllers.

The deal, hammered out during negotiations with Senate leaders, would reopen the government for three weeks and does not include money for Trump's proposed border wall. Democrats have flatly rejected funding for the wall until the government reopens.

Trump hinted at the possibility, once again, of declaring a national emergency to find money for his proposed border wall if Congress does not reach an agreement on that issue.


https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/01/25/shutdown-senate-leaders-talk-flight-delays-reported-airports/2676022002/

_________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man


Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

With agent:
The Dragon's Song

Just finished:
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Up Next:
Devin Drake and The Roller-Ghoster
Devin Drake and the Haunted Balcony


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Posts: 4610
Location: Atlanta, GA
Bob78164 wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
silverscreenselect wrote:


Another Bat Phone special. If you're worried about this, you need to call Nancy, wake her up and get her to the negotiations table.
Not how democracy works. Democrats just decisively won an election after Donny made it about his claims about border security. We’ve had this debate and we won it in November. America won. Donny lost. The House is respecting the voice of the people. Donny is not.

Eventually Donny will be forced to cave as more Republicans in the Senate vote to reopen government. And if that doesn’t happen, the electoral bloodbath they will suffer in November will make the blue wave of 2018 look like a ripple in a wading pool. —Bob

You, of all people, have the gall to use THAT as an argument, Bobby? Well, it's NOT MY HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES, and I will do everything in my power, no matter how stupid, childish and/or destructive to the country it is, to stop everything it wants to do. That's what you and yours have been doing to trump ever since HE won the election. It's been difficult, but you democrats have made HIM look like the grownup in the room.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Posts: 16106
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
It's been difficult, but you democrats have made HIM look like the grownup in the room.


Flock, I used to think you had no sense of humor, but with this post you proved me wrong.

Considering the eight years of abuse and birther nonsense that right wingers (including Trump) threw at Obama, calling Democrats obstructionists is hilarious.

But it's been an exceptionally bad day for your buddy, Trump, so I'll cut you some slack.

_________________
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:34 am 
Offline
Director of Promos
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:42 pm
Posts: 3846
Location: Literary Circles
Tweet:

Quote:
In the beautiful Midwest, windchill temperatures are reaching minus 60 degrees, the coldest ever recorded. In coming days, expected to get even colder. People can’t last outside even for minutes. What the hell is going on with Global Waming? Please come back fast, we need you!

_________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man


Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

With agent:
The Dragon's Song

Just finished:
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Up Next:
Devin Drake and The Roller-Ghoster
Devin Drake and the Haunted Balcony


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:52 pm
Posts: 4480
Location: Merion, Pa.
Top intelligence officials contradict Trump administration on greatest threats to nation

Donald J. Trump wrote:
The Intelligence people seem to be extremely passive and naive when it comes to the dangers of Iran. They are wrong! When I became President Iran was making trouble all over the Middle East, and beyond. Since ending the terrible Iran Nuclear Deal, they are MUCH different, but a source of potential danger and conflict. They are testing Rockets (last week) and more, and are coming very close to the edge. There economy is now crashing, which is the only thing holding them back. Be careful of Iran. Perhaps Intelligence should go back to school!

He disagrees with the intelligence community about North Korea too. That's what happens when you trust Fox News more than your own experts.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Posts: 4610
Location: Atlanta, GA
silverscreenselect wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
It's been difficult, but you democrats have made HIM look like the grownup in the room.


Flock, I used to think you had no sense of humor, but with this post you proved me wrong.

Considering the eight years of abuse and birther nonsense that right wingers (including Trump) threw at Obama, calling Democrats obstructionists is hilarious.

But it's been an exceptionally bad day for your buddy, Trump, so I'll cut you some slack.


Another way of saying you're amused.
The 'leaders' of the dem party are a bunch of petulant children, naive, dishonest and corrupt. But so is trump.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Posts: 16106
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
The 'leaders' of the dem party are a bunch of petulant children, naive, dishonest and corrupt. But so is trump.


Well, you're half right. And that's a big improvement for you. Keep up the good work.

_________________
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:56 pm 
Offline
Evil Genius
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:16 am
Posts: 9491
Location: Garden Grove, CA
silverscreenselect wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
The 'leaders' of the dem party are a bunch of petulant children, naive, dishonest and corrupt. But so is trump.
Well, you're half right. And that's a big improvement for you. Keep up the good work.
Are you saying it's not just the leaders?

_________________
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:52 pm
Posts: 4480
Location: Merion, Pa.
Sarah Sanders: God 'wanted Donald Trump to become president'

He sure works in mysterious ways.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:00 pm 
Offline
Bored Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Posts: 17942
Location: By the phone
jarnon wrote:
Best argument I've seen yet for atheism. --Bob

_________________
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:43 pm
Posts: 10284
Location: In Texas of course!
Bob78164 wrote:
jarnon wrote:
Best argument I've seen yet for atheism. --Bob


It is not an argument for or against atheism. If you disagree with God, you are not an atheist. If you are an atheist it is an meaningless statement.

I think what you are saying is that you are not an atheist, you believe in God, but you know better than Him. Seems to fit.

_________________
In the end, they will all pretty much taste the same.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:26 am 
Offline
Director of Promos
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:42 pm
Posts: 3846
Location: Literary Circles
Image

_________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man


Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

With agent:
The Dragon's Song

Just finished:
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Up Next:
Devin Drake and The Roller-Ghoster
Devin Drake and the Haunted Balcony


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: kroxquo, silvercamaro and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Americanized by Maël Soucaze.