WWTBAM Bored

A home for the weary.
It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:17 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:07 am 
Offline
Director of Promos
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:42 pm
Posts: 3611
Location: Literary Circles
Image

_________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man


Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

With agent:
The Dragon's Song

Waiting their turn:
The Night Train
Devin Drake: World's Worst Magician

Just finished:
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Up Next:
Devin Drake and The Roller-Ghoster
Devin Drake and the Haunted Balcony


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:46 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Posts: 15473
jarnon wrote:
Not the date of this USA Today article. The #FakeNews have a short memory; Trump's story hasn't changed in over a year.


Trump's statement at the July 13, 2017 press conference:

Quote:
[Trump, Jr.] took a meeting with a Russian lawyer, not a government lawyer, but a Russian lawyer. It was a short meeting. It was a meeting that went very, very quickly, very fast. Two of the people in the room, they — I guess one of them left almost immediately and the other one was not really focused on the meeting.

I do think this: I think from a practical standpoint, most people would have taken that meeting. It’s called opposition research, or even research into your opponent. I’ve had many people — I have only been in politics for two years, but I’ve had many people call up — “Oh, gee, we have information on this factor or this person, or, frankly, Hillary.” That’s very standard in politics. Politics is not the nicest business in the world, but it’s very standard where they have information and you take the information. In the case of Don, he listened. I guess they talked about — as I see it, they talked about adoption and some things. Adoption wasn’t even a part of the campaign. But nothing happened from the meeting. Zero happened from the meeting. And, honestly, I think the press made a very big deal over something that, really, a lot of people would do.


That's tiptoeing around but not admitting what the purpose of the meeting was. As for what did or did not come out of the meeting, we have only Trump and Trump Jr.s word for it that "Zero happened from that meeting."

_________________
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:40 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:43 pm
Posts: 9928
Location: In Texas of course!
silverscreenselect wrote:
That's tiptoeing around but not admitting what the purpose of the meeting was.


They were discussing grandkids.

_________________
In the end, they will all pretty much taste the same.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:46 am 
Offline
Bored Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Posts: 17367
Location: By the phone
BackInTex wrote:
silverscreenselect wrote:
That's tiptoeing around but not admitting what the purpose of the meeting was.


They were discussing grandkids.
I'm sure it's just a coincidence that the leaking of stolen e-mails by Russian Intelligence started shortly after the meeting that was or wasn't about adoption. --Bob

_________________
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:43 am 
Offline
Director of Promos
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:42 pm
Posts: 3611
Location: Literary Circles
Defiant Manafort Enters Trial Wearing Coat Made Of Live Puffins:

Image

From The Onion

_________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man


Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

With agent:
The Dragon's Song

Waiting their turn:
The Night Train
Devin Drake: World's Worst Magician

Just finished:
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Up Next:
Devin Drake and The Roller-Ghoster
Devin Drake and the Haunted Balcony


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:14 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Posts: 4298
Location: Olympia, Washington
Vandal wrote:
Defiant Manafort Enters Trial Wearing Coat Made Of Live Puffins:

Image

From The Onion


Mueller is allergic to puffins.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Posts: 15473
Keeping this in its proper thread to keep Flock happy:

Another h-u-u-u-u-u-g-e win for Trump in the trade war with China.

Quote:
A South Carolina plant that assembles televisions using Chinese parts plans to shut down and lay off nearly all its employees because of new tariffs imposed by the Trump Administration, the company announced this week. Element Electronics — which describes itself as the only assembler of televisions in the U.S. — plans to lay off 126 of its 134 permanent full-time employees and close the Winnsboro, S.C. plant on Oct. 5. Notably, there are still at least two smaller companies that continue to assemble speciality televisions in the U.S.

“The layoff and closure is a result of the new tariffs that were recently and unexpectedly imposed on many goods imported from China, including the key television components used in our assembly operations in Winnsboro,” Carl Kennedy, Element’s vice president of human resources, said


Winnsboro is in the 5th Congressional District in South Carolina, where the current Congressman Ralph Norman won by four percent in a special election last year. His predecessor, Mick Mulvaney was re-elected in 2016 with 59% of the vote. It's also the district that Frank Underwood represented in the first season of House of Cards.

http://time.com/5361394/tv-factory-clos ... p-tariffs/

_________________
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Posts: 4298
Location: Olympia, Washington
Quote:
silverscreenselect wrote:
Keeping this in its proper thread to keep Flock happy:

Another h-u-u-u-u-u-g-e win for Trump in the trade war with China.

Quote:
A South Carolina plant that assembles televisions using Chinese parts plans to shut down and lay off nearly all its employees because of new tariffs imposed by the Trump Administration, the company announced this week. Element Electronics — which describes itself as the only assembler of televisions in the U.S. — plans to lay off 126 of its 134 permanent full-time employees and close the Winnsboro, S.C. plant on Oct. 5. Notably, there are still at least two smaller companies that continue to assemble speciality televisions in the U.S.

“The layoff and closure is a result of the new tariffs that were recently and unexpectedly imposed on many goods imported from China, including the key television components used in our assembly operations in Winnsboro,” Carl Kennedy, Element’s vice president of human resources, said


Winnsboro is in the 5th Congressional District in South Carolina, where the current Congressman Ralph Norman won by four percent in a special election last year. His predecessor, Mick Mulvaney was re-elected in 2016 with 59% of the vote. It's also the district that Frank Underwood represented in the first season of House of Cards.

http://time.com/5361394/tv-factory-clos ... p-tariffs/



China better come around soon....


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:52 pm
Posts: 4210
Location: Merion, Pa.
Jake Tapper wrote:
CNN: Paul Manafort's team will not present a case nor call any witnesses in his defense. The defense rested at 11:53 a.m.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:52 pm
Posts: 4210
Location: Merion, Pa.
Manafort is guilty on 8 charges of tax and bank fraud. The jury was undecided on 10 other charges. A second trial is already scheduled on different charges.

Stay tuned for Cohen...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:23 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Posts: 4298
Location: Olympia, Washington
....Stay tuned for Cohen....

OK, in July, CNN breaks the BIG story (from anonymous sources) reporting that Cohen was going to tell Mueller that trump knew about the infamous meeting with the Russian agent in the trump tower beforehand.

Well, turns out Cohen's lawyer, the infamous Lanny Davis, has admitted HE was the anonymous source, and that he lied about it.

And CNN won't retract the story. I think that qualifies as FAKE NEWS.

https://www.businessinsider.com/lanny-davis-cnn-claim-hurt-michael-cohen-2018-8

In addition, it is being reported that CHINA hacked Hillary's server.. in real time. Kinda early on this one. Let's see what happens with it.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:33 am 
Offline
Bored Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Posts: 17367
Location: By the phone
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
In addition, it is being reported that CHINA hacked Hillary's server.. in real time. Kinda early on this one. Let's see what happens with it.
You have your facts wrong again. The source of that claim is a tweet from Donny. So there's no evidence of that claim at all. --Bob

_________________
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Posts: 15473
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Well, turns out Cohen's lawyer, the infamous Lanny Davis, has admitted HE was the anonymous source, and that he lied about it.

And CNN won't retract the story. I think that qualifies as FAKE NEWS.


Well, as usual, Flock, you have your story wrong. Davis wasn't THE source. He confirmed the story. CNN or any news organization is not going to break a story like this based on a single unnamed source. In this case, they got the story somewhere else (which they apparently still view as a reliable source). And, based on the way the article is written, that somewhere else would appear to be someone else in the room (or perhaps more than one someone else in the room) with Trump and Cohen.

Quote:
Additionally, Davis told Axios last week that he didn't shoot down the CNN story earlier because "we were not the source, we could not confirm, and we could not correct." But after initially denying he was a source in the CNN story, Davis told BuzzFeed on Monday that he was an anonymous source for the publication. That contradicted words he said on CNN days prior. "I made a mistake," Davis told BuzzFeed, adding that he didn't lie to Cooper but just "unintentionally misspoke."

CNN is standing by the story, and two employees told Business Insider the network's level of commitment is "100%." Those people, who requested anonymity to discuss internal deliberations, pointed to the multiple sources who provided the outlet with the information and what they said is an ulterior motive Davis could have for suddenly changing his tune.


I'll agree with you that Cohen and Davis have very little credibility in this entire affair, as do Trump, Giuliani, and a whole lot of other people. But CNN and the other mainstream news organizations' standards of reporting once again seem to be considerably higher than your standards of comprehension.

_________________
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:29 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Posts: 4298
Location: Olympia, Washington
Bob78164 wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
In addition, it is being reported that CHINA hacked Hillary's server.. in real time. Kinda early on this one. Let's see what happens with it.
You have your facts wrong again. The source of that claim is a tweet from Donny. So there's no evidence of that claim at all. --Bob


https://dailycaller.com/2018/08/27/china-hacked-clinton-server/

Quote:
The Intelligence Community Inspector General (ICIG) found that virtually all of Clinton’s emails were sent to a “foreign entity,” Rep. Louie Gohmert, a Texas Republican, said at a July 12 House Committee on the Judiciary hearing. He did not reveal the entity’s identity, but said it was unrelated to Russia. (RELATED: Gohmert: Watchdog Found Clinton Emails Were Sent To ‘Foreign Entity’)


Two officials with the ICIG, investigator Frank Rucker and attorney Janette McMillan, met repeatedly with FBI officials to warn them of the Chinese intrusion, according to a former intelligence officer with expertise in cybersecurity issues, who was briefed on the matter. He spoke anonymously, as he was not authorized to publicly address the Chinese’s role with Clinton’s server.


It is interesting that in googling this subject, many of the 'approved' sources have the same headline 'Trump,without evidence'. I suspect bob-tel just saw that and parroted it. Why is it that the MSM can go wild with stories from 'unnamed sources', but when a news organization like the DC does it, it's 'without evidence'?
I am suspicious of any story coming from unnamed sources, so that is why I put the disclaimer at the end of my post about it. But what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

So you're wrong, bob-tel. There is evidence that is at least as valid as most of the trump hater's stories you love to cite.

I won't comment on aSSShole's predictable response.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Posts: 4298
Location: Olympia, Washington
Just pondering this Chinese Hack story...

Why would the MSM ignore this story and label it 'without evidence' when it apparently comes from an 'unnamed source' who named names?
If this unnamed source was willing to talk to the Daily Caller, why did he go to a relatively small outlet like that? Richard Pollock has apparently been around Washington for a long time. Is he the only one who found this guy? I doubt it.

Suppose one of the 'approved' reporters found this guy and got his story. By publishing this story, it kind of says, 'hey world, all of us professional journalists have been totally wrong about this russia thing for 2 years'. Just by having one of the MSM guys cite THIS unnamed source, it puts their whole credibility in question. So, no, I don't think there are too many of the MSM 'journalists' who would have the courage to write this story. And they would have a lot of motivation to discredit it.

It's sort of like why Bill Clinton's accusers aren't welcome in the 'Me, too' movement. The MSM media has always protected itself.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:11 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:52 pm
Posts: 4210
Location: Merion, Pa.
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Just pondering this Chinese Hack story...

By publishing this story, it kind of says, 'hey world, all of us professional journalists have been totally wrong about this russia thing for 2 years'.
I think you misread your own post. It says China hacked Clinton's server. That's the one she got in trouble for using as Secretary of State. If true, it's a big deal because one of the criticisms was that her private server could be hacked.

The Russians hacked the DNC server. We know this, not from MSM or unnamed sources, but from U.S. intelligence, who released a ton of evidence.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:15 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Posts: 4298
Location: Olympia, Washington
jarnon wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Just pondering this Chinese Hack story...

By publishing this story, it kind of says, 'hey world, all of us professional journalists have been totally wrong about this russia thing for 2 years'.
I think you misread your own post. It says China hacked Clinton's server. That's the one she got in trouble for using as Secretary of State. If true, it's a big deal because one of the criticisms was that her private server could be hacked.

The Russians hacked the DNC server. We know this, not from MSM or unnamed sources, but from U.S. intelligence, who released a ton of evidence.

The intelligence services themselves have some credibility issues on this subject, unfortunately.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:52 pm
Posts: 4210
Location: Merion, Pa.
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
jarnon wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Just pondering this Chinese Hack story...

By publishing this story, it kind of says, 'hey world, all of us professional journalists have been totally wrong about this russia thing for 2 years'.
I think you misread your own post. It says China hacked Clinton's server. That's the one she got in trouble for using as Secretary of State. If true, it's a big deal because one of the criticisms was that her private server could be hacked.

The Russians hacked the DNC server. We know this, not from MSM or unnamed sources, but from U.S. intelligence, who released a ton of evidence.

The intelligence services themselves have some credibility issues on this subject, unfortunately.
The evidence is overwhelming, and has been accepted by everyone in the U.S. government. The only one still denying it is Vladimir Putin, and I know you don't take his word for it.

Why don't you stick to the Clinton server, which is what this new story is about?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Posts: 15473
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Why would the MSM ignore this story and label it 'without evidence' when it apparently comes from an 'unnamed source' who named names?
If this unnamed source was willing to talk to the Daily Caller, why did he go to a relatively small outlet like that? Richard Pollock has apparently been around Washington for a long time. Is he the only one who found this guy? I doubt it.


Well, the most obvious answer is that the "unnamed source" probably did go to more reputable news agencies and they wouldn't touch the story because it didn't check out. Contrary to what you may think, the mainstream media is not a gossip column repeating every ugly thing someone says about a politician, even Donald Trump. They check stories, get confirmation, and then publish.

It's not just the mainstream media who have found that Russia was the source of the hacks. Every intelligence agency that has looked into the matter has said so. If Louis Gohmert had this big scoop, why didn't he go to the FBI, CIA, etc. with it?

Here's the Daily Caller's "story":

The Chinese hacked Hillary's private server so that it sent copies of her e-mails to a Chinese company. According to Louis Gohmert (not exactly the most reliable source), the Inspector General's office found that the e-mails were sent to a "foreign entity" he declined to name but said it was unrelated to Russia. The Daily Caller's anonymous sources said that two named IG office officials, Frank Rucker and Janette McMillan, met with the FBI and tried to warn them about the Chinese hack, but nothing was done.

How did the IG's office discover the hack?

Quote:
“When [the ICIG] did a very deep dive, they found in the actual metadata — the data which is at the header and footer of all the emails — that a copy, a ‘courtesy copy,’ was being sent to a third party and that third party was a known Chinese public company that was involved in collecting intelligence for China,” the former intelligence officer told TheDCNF.


Apparently, the Daily Caller verified the surprising fact that there are actually Chinese public companies operating in the part of Virginia where the anonymous source said the e-mails were forwarded.

Now, let me get this straight. Hundreds or thousands of e-mails were forwarded to a single Chinese company, and that information was contained in the metadata, which is one of the first things that any investigation looks at when the examine e-mails, and no one at the FBI investigated further? Does this really seem credible?

And if this story is true, why didn't the "anonymous sources" go to Fox News, where they would undoubtedly get a better reception than from CNN, etc.?

_________________
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:05 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Posts: 4298
Location: Olympia, Washington
Quote:
and no one at the FBI investigated further?


Peter Strzok


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:50 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Posts: 4298
Location: Olympia, Washington
Trump is stupid.

He should have colluded with the Chinese. They seem to be much more capable.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Posts: 15473
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Quote:
and no one at the FBI investigated further?


Peter Strzok


Except for the fact that according to the Daily Caller story, the IG's office discovered the apparent hack in July 2015 and about that time the FBI opened an investigation to determine if classified information had been leaked. Strzok was one of several FBI officials who were notified. Regardless of how sinister Strzok may have been, we would have to believe that several other conveniently unnamed FBI officials knew about this and that there was an open FBI investigation and nobody discovered something that anyone with a rudimentary knowledge of e-mails and metadata would discover in about a minute.

_________________
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Posts: 4298
Location: Olympia, Washington
silverscreenselect wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Quote:
and no one at the FBI investigated further?


Peter Strzok


Except for the fact that according to the Daily Caller story, the IG's office discovered the apparent hack in July 2015 and about that time the FBI opened an investigation to determine if classified information had been leaked. Strzok was one of several FBI officials who were notified. Regardless of how sinister Strzok may have been, we would have to believe that several other conveniently unnamed FBI officials knew about this and that there was an open FBI investigation and nobody discovered something that anyone with a rudimentary knowledge of e-mails and metadata would discover in about a minute.


How many things do you have to conveniently believe to get Hillary off the hook?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Posts: 15473
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
How many things do you have to conveniently believe to get Hillary off the hook?


Hillary and Bill have been investigated by a wide assortment of state and federal prosecutors and investigators for 30 years now who haven't found anything to indict her on. They have accepted every single investigation and co-operated (unlike Trump) and no one has found anything.

The only thing I have to believe to get her off the hook is that somewhere along the line, one of those investigators or prosecutors would have found something if there was indeed something to find.

_________________
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Posts: 15473
And now, the FBI has issued an official denial that there was any evidence that Hillary's servers were hacked.

http://thehill.com/policy/national-secu ... vate-email

Of course, in Flock's world, the FBI is in bed with Hillary and the Democrats so any official denial by them is proof of the contrary.

And the disinformation flow continues:

Anonymous sources to Daily Caller to Tucker Carlson to Donald Trump to Useful Idiots like Flock.

_________________
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Americanized by Maël Soucaze.