Moving lab space

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
christie1111
11:11

Moving lab space

#1 Post by christie1111 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:49 am

People keep walking through our labs pointing out our bench space and if it is enough for the people who will be moving in when we are moving out to our new spaces.

Nice except no one is talking to us about the other half. Like where (and when) are we moving to our new space?

Moving lab supplies, chemicals and equipment is very complicated. It would be like trying to move all my quilting supplies. :-)

But seriously, when asked when this is going to happen the answer is as soon as possible.

Good thing we are going out to lunch to meet with our now retired former manager so I think we can start day time drinking early. We have half days on Fridays between Memorial Day and Labor Day.
"A bed without a quilt is like the sky without stars"

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

Re: Moving lab space

#2 Post by Beebs52 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:52 am

Ooh. Dish after lunch!
Well, then

tlynn78

#3 Post by tlynn78 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:03 pm

christie1111 wrote:People keep walking through our labs pointing out our bench space and if it is enough for the people who will be moving in when we are moving out to our new spaces.

Nice except no one is talking to us about the other half. Like where (and when) are we moving to our new space?

Moving lab supplies, chemicals and equipment is very complicated. It would be like trying to move all my quilting supplies. :-)

But seriously, when asked when this is going to happen the answer is as soon as possible.

Good thing we are going out to lunch to meet with our now retired former manager so I think we can start day time drinking early. We have half days on Fridays between Memorial Day and Labor Day.
I feel your pain. Lots of shuffling going on here, as an almost 70-year old building has to stretch to accommodate two additional judges and staff for same. No bueno.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

gsabc

#4 Post by gsabc » Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:17 am

I feel your pain, or at least GW does. The big boss keeps shifting his internal priorities and moving her labs around in the same building to make room for his "fun stuff de jour". Almost always, it's been to smaller space. She keeps wondering how they can do their work.

Fortunately, she won't have to wonder for too much longer. Retirement is pending and yards of fabric are beckoning. She quilts, too. Nothing from scratch, but her drugs of choice are catalogs like Nancy's ,stores like Joann Fabrics and the businesses on Craftsy.
I just ordered chicken and an egg from Amazon. I'll let you know.

christie1111
11:11

#5 Post by christie1111 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:38 am

gsabc wrote:I feel your pain, or at least GW does. The big boss keeps shifting his internal priorities and moving her labs around in the same building to make room for his "fun stuff de jour". Almost always, it's been to smaller space. She keeps wondering how they can do their work.

Fortunately, she won't have to wonder for too much longer. Retirement is pending and yards of fabric are beckoning. She quilts, too. Nothing from scratch, but her drugs of choice are catalogs like Nancy's ,stores like Joann Fabrics and the businesses on Craftsy.
Yay for her!
"A bed without a quilt is like the sky without stars"