Asbestos is back

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob78164
Bored Moderator

Asbestos is back

#1 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:34 pm

The EPA has opened the door to the use of asbestos in U.S. manufacturing. According to the section starting at page 258 of this document, when assessing the risk of asbestos use, the "EPA does not plan to evaluate emission pathways to ambient air from commercial or industrial stationary sources or associated inhalation exposure of the general population." In addition, "EPA does not expect to include [the drinking water exposure] pathway in the risk evaluation for asbestos." And for its third act, "EPA does not expect to include [the ambient water] pathway in the risk evaluation."

It turns out, by the way, that the world's largest supplier of asbestos is a Russian company called Uralasbest. I'm sure that's just a coincidence. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Bob Juch

Re: Asbestos is back

#2 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:00 pm

Bob78164 wrote:The EPA has opened the door to the use of asbestos in U.S. manufacturing. According to the section starting at page 258 of this document, when assessing the risk of asbestos use, the "EPA does not plan to evaluate emission pathways to ambient air from commercial or industrial stationary sources or associated inhalation exposure of the general population." In addition, "EPA does not expect to include [the drinking water exposure] pathway in the risk evaluation for asbestos." And for its third act, "EPA does not expect to include [the ambient water] pathway in the risk evaluation."

It turns out, by the way, that the world's largest supplier of asbestos is a Russian company called Uralasbest. I'm sure that's just a coincidence. --Bob
Who are selling asbestos with trump's photo on it:
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... est-russia
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

elwoodblues

#3 Post by elwoodblues » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:54 pm

Several years ago, when I made the mistake of thinking it was possible for someone my age to start a career as a paralegal, I had a temp job in a law firm that specialized in asbestos cases. Most of their clients were older people who had worked back when asbestos use was common. It looks like they may soon start getting a younger clientele.

themanintheseersuckersuit

#4 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:05 pm

There is more than one kind of asbestos
Suitguy is not bitter.

feels he represents the many educated and rational onlookers who believe that the hysterical denouncement of lay scepticism is both unwarranted and counter-productive

The problem, then, is that such calls do not address an opposition audience so much as they signal virtue. They talk past those who need convincing. They ignore actual facts and counterargument. And they are irreparably smug.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#5 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:11 pm

themanintheseersuckersuit wrote:There is more than one kind of asbestos
Perhaps. But they're all high-risk carcinogens. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#6 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:47 pm

elwoodblues wrote:Several years ago, when I made the mistake of thinking it was possible for someone my age to start a career as a paralegal, I had a temp job in a law firm that specialized in asbestos cases. Most of their clients were older people who had worked back when asbestos use was common. It looks like they may soon start getting a younger clientele.
And who says Donald Trump can't create jobs...
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com