OH-12 special election

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Pastor Fireball

OH-12 special election

#1 Post by Pastor Fireball » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:02 am

Yes, there was another one last night. This was to fill the vacancy left by the resignation of Pat Tiberi back in January. This district covers the northern and eastern suburbs of Columbus and has a Cook PVI of R+7.

The vote stands as follows, with about 3,000 provisional/absentees left to be counted:

Troy Balderson (R) -- 101,574
Danny O'Connor (D) -- 99,820
Joe Manchik (G) -- 1,127

The crazy thing is that the winner will barely get his seat warm before worrying about the next election, which is now only three months away.
"[Drumpf's] name alone creates division and anger, whose words inspire dissension and hatred, and can't possibly 'Make America Great Again.'" --Kobe Bryant (1978-2020)

"In times of crisis, the wise build bridges. The foolish build barriers." --Chadwick Boseman (1976-2020)

Bob Juch

Re: OH-12 special election

#2 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:24 am

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

flockofseagulls104

#3 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:44 am

Latest computer tabulated results:

Troy Balderson (R) -- 102,121
Danny O'Connor (D) -- 9
Vladimir Putin (H) -- 1,127,933
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Bob Juch

#4 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:57 am

AUG. 8, 2018, 12:53 PM ET
Ohio Special Election Results: 12th Congressional District
By THE NEW YORK TIMES

Troy Balderson leads by 0.9 percentage points, or 1,754 votes, over Danny O’Connor with 100 percent of precincts fully reporting.
CANDIDATE PARTY VOTES PCT.
Troy Balderson Republican 101,574 50.2%
Danny O’Connor Democrat 99,820 49.3
Joe Manchik Green 1,127 0.6
202,521 votes, 100% reporting (591 of 591 precincts)

Voters in Ohio’s 12th District are choosing a replacement for Representative Pat Tiberi, a Republican who resigned to work for a business group. The candidates are Troy Balderson, a Republican endorsed last week by Mr. Trump, and Danny O’Connor, a Democrat.

The race is still too close to call, with 3,435 provisional ballots that have yet to be counted. Ohio law calls for an automatic recount if the two candidates are ultimately separated by less than half a percentage point.

— MAGGIE ASTOR
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#5 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:03 am

Bob Juch wrote:AUG. 8, 2018, 12:53 PM ET
Ohio Special Election Results: 12th Congressional District
By THE NEW YORK TIMES

Troy Balderson leads by 0.9 percentage points, or 1,754 votes, over Danny O’Connor with 100 percent of precincts fully reporting.
CANDIDATE PARTY VOTES PCT.
Troy Balderson Republican 101,574 50.2%
Danny O’Connor Democrat 99,820 49.3
Joe Manchik Green 1,127 0.6
202,521 votes, 100% reporting (591 of 591 precincts)

Voters in Ohio’s 12th District are choosing a replacement for Representative Pat Tiberi, a Republican who resigned to work for a business group. The candidates are Troy Balderson, a Republican endorsed last week by Mr. Trump, and Danny O’Connor, a Democrat.

The race is still too close to call, with 3,435 provisional ballots that have yet to be counted. Ohio law calls for an automatic recount if the two candidates are ultimately separated by less than half a percentage point.

— MAGGIE ASTOR
In addition to the provisional ballots, I think there are also absentee ballots, for a total of about 5,000 votes that have yet to be counted. But that's enough of a margin that Balderson will probably end up as the winner. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Bob Juch

#6 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:35 pm

flockofseagulls104

#7 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:19 pm

What an AMAZING discovery!

To quote an anonymous ethical, above average lawyer:

I'm sure it's just a coincidence
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#8 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:11 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:

If you think the discovery is bogus, flock, you have the burden of proving it. What's your evidence to that effect? You can start by explaining why the Republican candidate, who is undoubtedly paying close attention and is motivated to deter shenanigans, doesn't appear to have objected to the additional votes being added to the tally. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#9 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:16 pm

Looks like something similar happened in Kansas. This looks like a straight-up clerical error (someone wrote or typed a 4 instead of a 5) that was caught by routine double-checking, rather than a discovery of votes that hadn't been counted at all. --Bob

jarnon

#10 Post by jarnon » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:37 pm

Bob78164 wrote:Looks like something similar happened in Kansas. This looks like a straight-up clerical error (someone wrote or typed a 4 instead of a 5) that was caught by routine double-checking, rather than a discovery of votes that hadn't been counted at all. --Bob
If the governor ekes out a win, Kobach will claim he bused in hundreds of illegal voters from Missouri.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#11 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:55 pm

jarnon wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:Looks like something similar happened in Kansas. This looks like a straight-up clerical error (someone wrote or typed a 4 instead of a 5) that was caught by routine double-checking, rather than a discovery of votes that hadn't been counted at all. --Bob
If the governor ekes out a win, Kobach will claim he bused in hundreds of illegal voters from Missouri.
This error occurred in western Kansas, so Colorado, not Missouri. --Bob

jarnon

#12 Post by jarnon » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:26 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
jarnon wrote:
This error occurred in western Kansas, so Colorado, not Missouri. --Bob
I wasn't responding directly to your post. I was thinking of what Kobach and Trump said about New Hampshire:
Trump’s Ludicrous Voter Fraud Commission Meets Today in New Hampshire
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

flockofseagulls104

#13 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:44 pm

Bob78164 wrote:

If you think the discovery is bogus, flock, you have the burden of proving it. What's your evidence to that effect? You can start by explaining why the Republican candidate, who is undoubtedly paying close attention and is motivated to deter shenanigans, doesn't appear to have objected to the additional votes being added to the tally. --Bob
Wow, your panties are sure in a wad, aren't they....

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#14 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:38 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote: What an AMAZING discovery!

Given the efforts that the Russians, aided by useful idiots like Donny and his supporters, have been undertaking to cast doubt on the legitimacy of our electoral process, you're damn right I'm going to push back hard on a completely baseless shot at that legitimacy. "I was only joking" doesn't work real well in this context. --Bob

flockofseagulls104

#15 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:29 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:If you think the discovery is bogus, flock, you have the burden of proving it. What's your evidence to that effect? You can start by explaining why the Republican candidate, who is undoubtedly paying close attention and is motivated to deter shenanigans, doesn't appear to have objected to the additional votes being added to the tally. --Bob
Given the efforts that the Russians, aided by useful idiots like Donny and his supporters, have been undertaking to cast doubt on the legitimacy of our electoral process, you're damn right I'm going to push back hard on a completely baseless shot at that legitimacy. "I was only joking" doesn't work real well in this context. --Bob
You're hysterical when you're hysterical.

silverscreenselect

#16 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:56 am

Bob78164 wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote: Wow, your panties are sure in a wad, aren't they....
You're hysterical when you're hysterical.
Well, now we know the useful idiots Bob was referring to.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

jarnon

#17 Post by jarnon » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:25 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:Looks like something similar happened in Kansas. This looks like a straight-up clerical error (someone wrote or typed a 4 instead of a 5) that was caught by routine double-checking, rather than a discovery of votes that hadn't been counted at all. --Bob
The county clerk says the error was made by Kobach’s office. Now Kobach and the governor have agreed that the attorney general will supervise the probable recount.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי