Coming in 2020: Space Force

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Vandal
Director of Promos

Coming in 2020: Space Force

#1 Post by Vandal » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:37 am

Pentagon plans to launch Trump's Space Force as a separate armed service
WASHINGTON – Vice President Mike Pence announced Thursday that the Pentagon plans to launch a Space Force, embarking on an effort to create the first armed service since 1947.

In June, President Donald Trump called for the establishment of the sixth armed service, to join the Air Force, Army, Marine Corps, Navy and Coast Guard. Thursday's plan, which requires authorization and funding from Congress, would develop forces to defend satellites from attack and perform other space-related tasks. China and Russia are the nation's primary rivals in space.

"The time has come to establish the United States Space Force," Pence said.

The force would be created by 2020, Pence said. Before that, the Pentagon plans to assemble the U.S. Space Command, which would be led by a four-star officer and draw forces from the other armed services. A 15-page proposal outlines the need for the force and steps to get there but no bottom line, saying only that any costs associated with it will be sent to Congress next February.

Deputy Defense Secretary Patrick Shanahan told reporters that he assumed creating the Space Force would cost "billions."
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 945365002/
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

Pastor Fireball

Re: Coming in 2020: Space Force

#2 Post by Pastor Fireball » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:55 am

Deputy Defense Secretary Patrick Shanahan told reporters that he assumed creating the Space Force would cost "billions."
So we can't find money to clean up the drinking water in Michigan, give teachers a pay raise, or insure sick children... but there is suddenly billions of dollars laying around to create more military bureaucracy? Shouldn't the conservatives and the Tea Party be up in arms about this? Oh, that's right. I forgot. Conservatives and Tea partiers don't hate excessive government spending. It's all about hating that a smart, honest, patriotic, black Christian was elected President in 2008. Conservatives and Tea partiers truly are sociopaths.
"[Drumpf's] name alone creates division and anger, whose words inspire dissension and hatred, and can't possibly 'Make America Great Again.'" --Kobe Bryant (1978-2020)

"In times of crisis, the wise build bridges. The foolish build barriers." --Chadwick Boseman (1976-2020)

jarnon

#3 Post by jarnon » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:06 am

I worked on covert Air Force satellite programs that could be moved to the Space Force. One problem is that those programs' budget is classified. It'll be much easier for the curious public to figure out their budget as part of the Space Force than as part of the much larger Air Force budget.

But if the Space Force is created, I think their uniforms should be like Air Force uniforms, but black instead of blue.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

silverscreenselect

#4 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:42 am

jarnon wrote:I worked on covert Air Force satellite programs that could be moved to the Space Force. One problem is that those programs' budget is classified. It'll be much easier for the curious public to figure out their budget as part of the Space Force than as part of the much larger Air Force budget.

But if the Space Force is created, I think their uniforms should be like Air Force uniforms, but black instead of blue.
The new head of Space Force:

Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Bob Juch

#5 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:05 pm

Spoiler
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

elwoodblues

#6 Post by elwoodblues » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:26 pm

This is something that everyone knows is not going to happen, and it is probably intended to distract us from other things. It is hard to believe that even someone as mentally unstable as Trump would think this is a good idea, and the way Pence and others in the administration are going along with it is sad.

And why is it that no one ever asks where the money will come from for something like this? We only ask that when it comes to programs that will help people.

Bob Juch

#7 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:41 pm

elwoodblues wrote:This is something that everyone knows is not going to happen, and it is probably intended to distract us from other things. It is hard to believe that even someone as mentally unstable as Trump would think this is a good idea, and the way Pence and others in the administration are going along with it is sad.

And why is it that no one ever asks where the money will come from for something like this? We only ask that when it comes to programs that will help people.
Not one thing can be done until Congress funds it. trump acts like it's a done deal.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

a1mamacat

#8 Post by a1mamacat » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:12 pm

Maybe he's afraid of the "Mars Attacks" script LOL
Lover of Soft Animals and Fine Art
1st annual international BBBL Champeeeeen!

jaybee

#9 Post by jaybee » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:15 pm

Wouldn't it make more sense to just build a space wall?
Jaybee

ghostjmf

#10 Post by ghostjmf » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:11 am

As the meme currently circulating on facebook says

"And the Martians will pay for it"

silverscreenselect

#11 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:02 am

I'm just waiting for the Martian leader to come to earth and give Trump a book entitled "To Serve Man."

Space Force gets its first new recruit:

silverscreenselect

#12 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:13 am

Why we need Space Force to stop illegal immigration:

Estonut
Evil Genius

#13 Post by Estonut » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:21 pm

Pastor Fireball wrote:Conservatives and Tea partiers truly are sociopaths.
I don't know a single Conservative sociopathic enough to think such a thing, let alone post such a bigoted, ignorant and disgusting statement.
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#14 Post by Beebs52 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:54 pm

Estonut wrote:
I don't know a single Conservative sociopathic enough to think such a thing, let alone post such a bigoted, ignorant and disgusting statement.
Some people embrace delusions.
Well, then

Hale Bopper
Merry Man

#15 Post by Hale Bopper » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:48 pm

I've got the first platoon of cadets in basic training right now, sir! I hope the budget allows for a whole bunch of Nikes....

BackInTex

#16 Post by BackInTex » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:07 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Estonut wrote:
In this case, some people are [their own] delusion.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

tlynn78

#17 Post by tlynn78 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:16 am

BackInTex wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:
Estonut wrote:I don't know a single Conservative sociopathic enough to think such a thing, let alone post such a bigoted, ignorant and disgusting statement.
In this case, some people are [their own] delusion.
True dat.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

jarnon

#18 Post by jarnon » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:04 am

Trump orders creation of US Space Command

The US Space Command replaces the longstanding Air Force Space Command. It elevates the prominence of the military space program, though not to the level of a separate military branch. I think (and I know something about the subject) that the reason this wasn't done decades ago is that most of the Space Command's activities were covert, so they shunned attention.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

jarnon

#19 Post by jarnon » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:52 am

Space Force has announced that one of its main units, Space Operations Command, is abbreviated SpOC. Leonard Nimoy, of blessed memory, would be pleased.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי