Labor Department Releases ‘Worst Report In A Decade’

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob Juch

Labor Department Releases ‘Worst Report In A Decade’

#1 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:52 am

President Trump’s claim to fame since being elected is that the economy is booming, people are earning more and unemployment is at its lowest levels in decades.

Well, the Labor Department just released a report on Friday being dubbed the ‘worst report in a decade’ that shows the cost of living in the U.S. rising at its fastest rate in 10 years.

The data shows specifically that consumer prices in the U.S. increased 2.9 percent since last July, meaning that on average, even though Americans might be seeing a bit more money in their paychecks if you didn’t receive almost a 3% rise since last year, you’re earning less overall. The money you make won’t buy you as much.

Truth be told: In fact, despite some ups and downs over the past several decades, today’s real average wage (that is, the wage after accounting for inflation) has about the same purchasing power it did 40 years ago, reports Pew Research.

CNBC reported about the rising Consumer Price Index earlier in the day and noted that it rose .2 percent last month, and not only that, but the trend was strengthening. That means it could get worse.

They noted that more price increases are expected to come about, in part, due to Trump’s tariffs which will cause manufacturers to pay more on lumber, aluminum, and steel imports.
More: http://washingtonsources.org/labor-depa ... e-economy/
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

elwoodblues

Re: Labor Department Releases ‘Worst Report In A Decade’

#2 Post by elwoodblues » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:26 pm

Unemployment may be low, but the problem is that employers are still holding wages down. And there may not be anything the government can do about it. (Tax cuts? LOL, that's a good one.)

BackInTex

Re: Labor Department Releases ‘Worst Report In A Decade’

#3 Post by BackInTex » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:30 am

LOL. You are such a tool.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson