Transcript 9/21/2018a - Janet Azevedo

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

Transcript 9/21/2018a - Janet Azevedo

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:27 am

Janet Azevedo
Capistrano Beach, CA

$500: In the 1963 landmark Supreme Court case Gideon v. Wainwright, the court ruled that states must provide what to a defendant who can't afford to pay for their own?
A - an attorney
B - a personal trainer
C - an English butler
D - Super Bowl tickets
Spoiler
Answer: A (an attorney)

$1000: In the days of vaudeville, the patrons who sat in the cheapest seats and ate the cheapest snacks were often referred to as the what?
A - caviar crew
B - filet mignon squad
C - peanut gallery
D - foie gras brigade
Spoiler
Answer: C (peanut gallery)

$2000: Which of the following did NOT make Fortune.com's list of "The 50 Greatest Business Rivalries of All Time"?
A - Duracell vs. Energizer
B - Nike vs. Reebok
C - Hertz vs. Avis
D - RitzCarlton vs. EconoLodge
Spoiler
Answer: D (RitzCarlton vs. EconoLodge)

$3000: Saying the stories they told were "painful" and "one-sided", in 2017 Washington D.C.'s National Cathedral removed its stained-glass windows honoring whom?
A - Neil Armstrong & Buzz Aldrin
B - John Lennon & Paul McCartney
C - Robert E. Lee & Stonewall Jackson
D - Babe Ruth & Lou Gehrig
Spoiler
Answer: C (Robert E. Lee & Stonewall Jackson)

$5000: Which specific shade of blue does Merriam-Webster define as "the blue color of the clear sky"?
A - azure
B - cobalt blue
C - navy blue
D - sapphire
Spoiler
Answer: A (azure)

$7000: Baechu, meaning "Napa cabbage," is a common ingredient in what food, whose varieties include a cubed radish version called Kkakdugi?
A - poke
B - kimchi
C - baba ghanoush
D - wonton soup

Janet rules out
Spoiler
A and D
Spoiler
Answer: B (kimchi)

commercial break

In her retirement Janet and her husband opened their home to foster dogs; they've found homes for 60 dogs so far.

$10,000: According to the Philadelphia Inquirer, Rocky Balboa's pet what were played by the same animals in both 1976's "Rocky" and 2006's "Rocky Balboa"?
A - rabbits
B - turtles
C - goldfish
D - parakeets

"Uh oh," Janet says. She's seen both movies but doesn't recall any pets. She thinks she can eliminate
Spoiler
C
. She asks the audience for help.
Spoiler
Ask the Audience results:
A - 1%
B - 78%
C - 7%
D - 14%

She goes with the audience's answer.
Spoiler
Answer: B (turtles)

$20,000: Which of these Native Americans is actually fictional, created by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow for his epic poem "Song of Hiawatha"?
A - Tecumseh
B - Cochise
C - Minnehaha
D - Squanto

Janet read the poem a long time ago but still wouldn't know which one was fictional. She's pretty sure that
Spoiler
A and B are real and that Minnehaha was a lake
. She uses her 50:50.
Spoiler
"50:50 results": C & D

"Of course," she sighs. She isn't sure her +1 can help her. She apologizes to her husband in advance.
Spoiler
Answer: C (Minnehaha)

commercial break

MILLIONAIRE "QUESTION OF THE DAY": The Mozambique Channel is an arm of what ocean?
A - Atlantic Ocean
B - Arctic Ocean
C - Indian Ocean
D - Pacific Ocean
Spoiler
Answer: C (Indian Ocean)

commercial break

$30,000: According to the World Almanac, with over 1,200 people per square mile, New Jersey is the most densely populated state in the U.S. Which state is second?
A - Massachusetts
B - Maryland
C - Rhode Island
D - Connecticut

Janet knew the statistic, but didn't pay attention to the 2nd place state. She thinks that
Spoiler
Rhode Island is small and it stands to reason it might be densely populated
. She calls her +1, her husband. He says she called him for the wrong one. He thinks it might be
Spoiler
A or B because they have larger populations
. He says it's her decision. She says they have to walk away.
Spoiler
Answer: C (Rhode Island)
Last edited by BBTranscriptTeam on Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

IronmanTim

Re: Transcript 9/21/2018a - Janet Azevedo

#2 Post by IronmanTim » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:06 pm

Janet was on my tape date. Very nice woman.

If it's me answering the last question, I probably take a shot at RI, knowing it's the smallest state, but I'd be throwing up inside. I still would have had my +1 for this too, so I probably burn it here.

earendel

#3 Post by earendel » Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:15 pm

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Janet Azevedo
Capistrano Beach, CA
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$10,000: According to the Philadelphia Inquirer, Rocky Balboa's pet what were played by the same animals in both 1976's "Rocky" and 2006's "Rocky Balboa"?
A - rabbits
B - turtles
C - goldfish
D - parakeets

"Uh oh," Janet says. She's seen both movies but doesn't recall any pets. She thinks she can eliminate
Spoiler
C
. She asks the audience for help.
Spoiler
Ask the Audience results:
A - 1%
B - 78%
C - 7%
D - 14%

She goes with the audience's answer.
Spoiler
Answer: B (turtles)
Surely she must have realized that only turtles were likely to have lifespans of 40+ years.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$20,000: Which of these Native Americans is actually fictional, created by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow for his epic poem "Song of Hiawatha"?
A - Tecumseh
B - Cochise
C - Minnehaha
D - Squanto

Janet read the poem a long time ago but still wouldn't know which one was fictional. She's pretty sure that [/spoiler]A and B are real and that Minnehaha was a lake[/spoiler]. She uses her 50:50.
Spoiler
"50:50 results": C & D

"Of course," she sighs. She isn't sure her +1 can help her. She apologizes to her husband in advance.
Spoiler
Answer: C (Minnehaha)
Didn't she know the story of the first Thanksgiving?
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$30,000: According to the World Almanac, with over 1,200 people per square mile, New Jersey is the most densely populated state in the U.S. Which state is second?
A - Massachusetts
B - Maryland
C - Rhode Island
D - Connecticut

Janet knew the statistic, but didn't pay attention to the 2nd place state. She thinks that
Spoiler
Rhode Island is small and it stands to reason it might be densely populated
. She calls her +1, her husband. He says she called him for the wrong one. He thinks it might be
Spoiler
A or B because they have larger populations
. He says it's her decision. She says they have to walk away.
Spoiler
Answer: C (Rhode Island)
I'd have used my 50:50 just to see what remained.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#4 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:19 pm

I got there on the last question by reasoning that it's awfully small, geographically, to have two congressional districts. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson