An interesting effect of truncation

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob78164
Bored Moderator

An interesting effect of truncation

#1 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:32 pm

My Yahoo! home page truncates headlines, apparently cutting them off after a word limit has been reached. So the New York Times story headline, as presented on my Yahoo! home page, was "'We Are Entitled to a Righteous Anger': Catholics Return to Mass After Sex." --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

bazodee

Re: An interesting effect of truncation

#2 Post by bazodee » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:06 pm

Bob78164 wrote:My Yahoo! home page truncates headlines, apparently cutting them off after a word limit has been reached. So the New York Times story headline, as presented on my Yahoo! home page, was "'We Are Entitled to a Righteous Anger': Catholics Return to Mass After Sex." --Bob
No, I believe that indeed was the intended headline.... it's all about the Catholic Church attributing guilt to any possible human action.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

Re: An interesting effect of truncation

#3 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:17 pm

bazodee wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:My Yahoo! home page truncates headlines, apparently cutting them off after a word limit has been reached. So the New York Times story headline, as presented on my Yahoo! home page, was "'We Are Entitled to a Righteous Anger': Catholics Return to Mass After Sex." --Bob
No, I believe that indeed was the intended headline.... it's all about the Catholic Church attributing guilt to any possible human action.
Pope Francis appears to be saying the right things. I'll be interested to learn whether he backs his words with actions. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson