Manafort Guilty on Eight Counts; Mistrial on 10

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
silverscreenselect

Manafort Guilty on Eight Counts; Mistrial on 10

#1 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:49 pm

The judge declared a mistrial on the remaining ten counts. The eight counts he was found guilty included five tax fraud and two bank fraud. Maximum sentence on the eight counts is only 240 years.

And Michael Cohen is about to cop a plea. Prepare for the mother of all tweet storms tonight. But in honor of the occasion:

Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

BackInTex

Re: Manafort Guilty on Eight Counts; Mistrial on 10

#2 Post by BackInTex » Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:40 pm

5 counts of Tax Fraud
1 count of failing to file a report of foreign bank account
2 counts of bank fraud
0 counts of anything to do with the elections or Russia or Trump (i.e., Mueller's purpose)

Mueller's grad: F
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#3 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:57 pm

BackInTex wrote:5 counts of Tax Fraud
2 counts of bank fraud
0 counts of anything to do with the elections or Russia or Trump (i.e., Mueller's purpose)

Remind me again what Monica Lewinsky had to do with Whitewater (Starr's purpose)? Or what Secretary Clinton's e-mails had to do with the deaths in Libya?

Mueller is expressly authorized to investigate and prosecute all crimes that he runs across in the course of his investigation. And given Manafort's obvious financial problems, why do you think he was willing to work for Donny for free?

Perhaps now that he's been convicted and faces serious jail time, he'll be a little more willing to break his silence. And if not, there are plenty of additional avenues for investigation. I expect the Special Prosecutor to be at least as thorough as Congress was when investigating Libya. So he's still got years to go, if necessary. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

BackInTex

#4 Post by BackInTex » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:05 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
2 counts of bank fraud

Remind me again what Monica Lewinsky had to do with Whitewater (Starr's purpose)? Or what Secretary Clinton's e-mails had to do with the deaths in Libya?

Mueller is expressly authorized to investigate and prosecute all crimes that he runs across in the course of his investigation. And given Manafort's obvious financial problems, why do you think he was willing to work for Donny for free?

Perhaps now that he's been convicted and faces serious jail time, he'll be a little more willing to break his silence. And if not, there are plenty of additional avenues for investigation. I expect the Special Prosecutor to be at least as thorough as Congress was when investigating Libya. So he's still got years to go, if necessary. --Bob
Manafort, if there is anything to say against Trump, and I don't believe there is (of substance), he will stay silent. Trump has the get out of jail keys. Why wouldn't he?
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#5 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:06 pm

BackInTex wrote: Mueller's grad: F
So the fact that Trump's former campaign manager and his personal attorney pled/were found guilty of eight felony charges each within about 30 minutes of each other doesn't merit more than an F.

Well, cheer up, now that the Manafort trial is over, I think the next couple of weeks will be very busy for Mr. Mueller. I hope Trump Jr. and Kushner have their toothbrushes packed.

silverscreenselect

#6 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:08 pm

BackInTex wrote: if there is anything to say against Trump, and I don't believe there is (of substance),
You are so trusting. Are you sure that you haven't helped out a couple of those Nigerian oil ministers who have e-mailed you over the past few months?

flockofseagulls104

#7 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:20 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
2 counts of bank fraud

AHHHHA! WHATABOUTISM!!!!!
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

silverscreenselect

#8 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:25 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Aren't you at least going to give us a "Fake News" or two?

Bob Juch

#9 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:54 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
2 counts of bank fraud

No, that's not. That's precedence.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#10 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:04 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
2 counts of bank fraud

Nope. I'm saying that Starr and the Benghazi investigation were within their authority, just like Mueller is, and that anyone who supported those investigations while opposing Mueller's on that basis is hypocritical, as well as just wrong about the scope of Mueller's mandate. Whataboutism would be if I failed to defend the scope of Mueller's mandate on its merits, but instead used the prior two investigations to deflect attention from the point. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

BackInTex

#11 Post by BackInTex » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:30 pm

Bob78164 wrote:Nope. I'm saying that Starr and the Benghazi investigation were within their authority, just like Mueller is, and that anyone who supported those investigations while opposing Mueller's on that basis is hypocritical, as well as just wrong about the scope of Mueller's mandate. Whataboutism would be if I failed to defend the scope of Mueller's mandate on its merits, but instead used the prior two investigations to deflect attention from the point. --Bob
Wrong.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#12 Post by Beebs52 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:14 pm

Precedence would be perjury. Only reason Clinton was impeached.
Well, then

Bob Juch

#13 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:25 pm

Beebs52 wrote:Precedence would be perjury. Only reason Clinton was impeached.
I was referring for a targeted investigation to exceeds its bounds when other crimes are suspected.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#14 Post by Beebs52 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:34 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:Precedence would be perjury. Only reason Clinton was impeached.
I was referring for a targeted investigation to exceeds its bounds when other crimes are suspected.
It would be interesting to see the whataboutism with Roosevelt, Eisenhower, Nixon, Kennedy, possibly Bush one,
and of course Billy, when iit involves fucking around. Oh, in office or not? Social media much? Kennedy family Russian talkies?
Well, then