Cohen pleads guilty on 8 counts

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
jarnon

Re: Cohen pleads guilty on 8 counts

#51 Post by jarnon » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:42 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:And the hits keep coming.

Congressman Duncan Hunter and his wife have just been indicted on campaign finance violations.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/21/politics ... index.html
Margaret Hunter admits guilt in campaign-finance scandal

Prosecutors say Rep. Duncan Hunter used campaign funds to pay for affairs with lobbyists and aides

Any bets on whether Margaret will testify against Duncan?
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

jarnon

#52 Post by jarnon » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:50 am

Bob78164 wrote:Donny's company, in response to sham invoices citing "election expenses," approved payments of $420,000 to reimburse Cohen for the hush money payments. If Donny knew about that (and I can't imagine he didn't), it's a crime. --Bob
SDNY has decided not to prosecute the Trump Organization for their part in this crime. But isn't disguising the reimbursement as a legal fee an accounting irregularity at the very least? Especially if they deducted it as a business expense.

Now that the Cohen case is closed, the judge has unsealed the search warrants. I hope that Bob has time in between bridge events to examine the 269 pages and tell me if I'm right.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

tlynn78

#53 Post by tlynn78 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:34 am

jarnon wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:Donny's company, in response to sham invoices citing "election expenses," approved payments of $420,000 to reimburse Cohen for the hush money payments. If Donny knew about that (and I can't imagine he didn't), it's a crime. --Bob
SDNY has decided not to prosecute the Trump Organization for their part in this crime. But isn't disguising the reimbursement as a legal fee an accounting irregularity at the very least? Especially if they deducted it as a business expense.

Now that the Cohen case is closed, the judge has unsealed the search warrants. I hope that Bob has time in between bridge events to examine the 269 pages and tell me if I'm right.
I hope those straws aren't plastic.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire