Interesting Eleventh Circuit decision

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob78164
Bored Moderator

Interesting Eleventh Circuit decision

#1 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:53 pm

The Eleventh Circuit just issued an opinion affirming a permanent injunction against Alabama's anti-abortion law. I have read it in full. What makes it interesting to me is that the two Circuit Judges on the panel were plainly quite hostile to abortion rights in general and the Supreme Court's abortion jurisprudence in particular. Nevertheless, they put aside their feelings to render the decision that they concluded was required by the facts as found by the District Court and the law as interpreted by the Supreme Court, even though it's obvious they'd have reached a different decision if they felt they had the power to do so.

That's exactly the opposite of what Roy Moore did while he was on the Alabama Supreme Court. I will probably disagree with future decisions by these judges. But their actions today merit respect. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson