Mollie Tibbetts update

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob Juch

Mollie Tibbetts update

#1 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:14 pm

Undocumented immigrant Cristhian Rivera, the man accused in the death of 20-year-old University of Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts, worked for an Iowa farm owned by Dane Lang, the brother of a prominent Iowa Republican, Craig Lang, the former president of the Iowa Farm Bureau.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

flockofseagulls104

Re: Mollie Tibbetts update

#2 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:22 pm

Bob Juch wrote:Undocumented immigrant Cristhian Rivera, the man accused in the death of 20-year-old University of Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts, worked for an Iowa farm owned by Dane Lang, the brother of a prominent Iowa Republican, Craig Lang, the former president of the Iowa Farm Bureau.
lol :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
evil twin brother. He also once stayed in a trump hotel!!!!!!!!
It's goddamn Dane Lang's fault. Fry him.

Just got to wonder who is it who thought that this tidbit was germane to the discussion and spent their time tracking this down?

BTW, the guy is an ILLEGAL ALIEN. He is not an immigrant, documented or undocumented. An Immigrant applies for the privilege to stay in this country. An Illegal Alien is someone who enters this country illegally without permission. Same as someone who enters your house without your permission is an intruder. I do not subscribe to this PC watering down of our language.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

jarnon

#3 Post by jarnon » Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:43 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:An Illegal Alien is someone who enters this country illegally without permission. Same as someone who enters your house without your permission is an intruder.
And someone who has sex with you without your permission is a rapist.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

Bob Juch

#4 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:53 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:Undocumented immigrant Cristhian Rivera, the man accused in the death of 20-year-old University of Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts, worked for an Iowa farm owned by Dane Lang, the brother of a prominent Iowa Republican, Craig Lang, the former president of the Iowa Farm Bureau.

Just got to wonder who is it who thought that this tidbit was germane to the discussion and spent their time tracking this down?

BTW, the guy is an ILLEGAL ALIEN. He is not an immigrant, documented or undocumented. An Immigrant applies for the privilege to stay in this country. An Illegal Alien is someone who enters this country illegally without permission. Same as someone who enters your house without your permission is an intruder. I do not subscribe to this PC watering down of our language.
Do you know whether he was a legal immigrant who overstayed his visa or someone who entered the country illegally?
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#5 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:42 pm

Bob Juch wrote:

Do you know whether he was a legal immigrant who overstayed his visa or someone who entered the country illegally?
Neither. According to his lawyer, he's here legally. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Bob Juch

#6 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:49 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:

Neither. According to his lawyer, he's here legally. --Bob
That article says there are conflicting claims:
Rivera has lived in Iowa for four to seven years, working at Yarrabee Farms, a Brooklyn-area farm owned by several family members, including brothers Eric, Dane and Craig Lang. Craig Lang, a prominent Republican, has verified that Rivera is in Iowa legally, according to Richards’ motion.

"Craig Lang supports Cristhian’s right to be in this jurisdiction and for the government to support any other idea of status publicly flies in the face of such statement," Richard wrote.

"Cristhian deserves the court’s protection as to his characterization before a jury pool."

Yarrabee Farms, Rivera’s employer, issued a statement Tuesday night saying Rivera was vetted through the government's E-Verify system. However, a government archive does not indicate the Brooklyn, Iowa, farm as a participating member of the system.

On Wednesday, officials from the farm acknowledged they did not use the E-Verify system and that Rivera gave them false information.

silverscreenselect

#7 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:55 pm

Bob78164 wrote: According to his lawyer, he's here legally. --Bob
Why is it that after every school shooting, right wingers scream about not politicizing a tragedy, but the minute that word got out that the Mollie's killer was undocumented, those same right wingers wanted to make him the Willie Horton of the upcoming election?
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Estonut
Evil Genius

#8 Post by Estonut » Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:09 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Bob78164 wrote: According to his lawyer, he's here legally.
Why is it that after every school shooting, right wingers scream about not politicizing a tragedy, but the minute that word got out that the Mollie's killer was undocumented, those same right wingers wanted to make him the Willie Horton of the upcoming election?
Why is it that while Mollie was missing for a month, BJ had no interest in this story? Not even once the body was found. He only posted about it once some angle was revealed that tied into "Republicans = Bad."

RIP Mollie.
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

Bob Juch

#9 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:56 pm

Estonut wrote:
Bob78164 wrote: According to his lawyer, he's here legally.
Why is it that while Mollie was missing for a month, BJ had no interest in this story? Not even once the body was found. He only posted about it once some angle was revealed that tied into "Republicans = Bad."

RIP Mollie.
What good would it have done to post anything here?

Estonut
Evil Genius

#10 Post by Estonut » Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:59 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Estonut wrote:
silverscreenselect wrote:Why is it that after every school shooting, right wingers scream about not politicizing a tragedy, but the minute that word got out that the Mollie's killer was undocumented, those same right wingers wanted to make him the Willie Horton of the upcoming election?

RIP Mollie.
THAT'S your requirement for posting something here, that you think it will do some good?
Groucho Marx

Bob Juch

#11 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:33 pm

Estonut wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:
Estonut wrote:Why is it that while Mollie was missing for a month, BJ had no interest in this story? Not even once the body was found. He only posted about it once some angle was revealed that tied into "Republicans = Bad."

RIP Mollie.
THAT'S your requirement for posting something here, that you think it will do some good?
There are thousands of missing people. Would you like me to post about each one?

Estonut
Evil Genius

#12 Post by Estonut » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:37 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Estonut wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:What good would it have done to post anything here?
There are thousands of missing people. Would you like me to post about each one?
You post all kinds of "news" all the time. This story dominated the non-Trump news for a month. Thousands of people are missing. Why post about her now?
Groucho Marx

BackInTex

#13 Post by BackInTex » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:40 pm

Bob78164 wrote:Neither. According to his lawyer, he's here legally. --Bob

His lawyer? The fact that he IS a lawyer hurts his credibility. The fact that he is HIS lawyer makes him completely untrustworthy. I'm sure his lawyer will say he's innocent, too. Probably self defense, if they have physical evidence tying him to the victim.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#14 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:47 pm

BackInTex wrote:

His lawyer? The fact that he IS a lawyer hurts his credibility. The fact that he is HIS lawyer makes him completely untrustworthy. I'm sure his lawyer will say he's innocent, too. Probably self defense, if they have physical evidence tying him to the victim.
You really don't understand how lawyers do our jobs, do you? Or are you assuming we're all like Giuliani and Cohen? --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Bob Juch

#15 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:52 pm

Estonut wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:
Estonut wrote:THAT'S your requirement for posting something here, that you think it will do some good?
You post all kinds of "news" all the time. This story dominated the non-Trump news for a month. Thousands of people are missing. Why post about her now?
I didn't post about her precisely because the story dominated the news. I posted now because the story took a political twist when trump tweeted about it.

BackInTex

#16 Post by BackInTex » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:54 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:

You really don't understand how lawyers do our jobs, do you? Or are you assuming we're all like Giuliani and Cohen? --Bob
Oh, I understand. That's why you saying "According to his lawyer, he's here legally." is so laughable.

Maybe you are his lawyer? Is that why you are defending his status?
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Estonut
Evil Genius

#17 Post by Estonut » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:55 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Estonut wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:There are thousands of missing people. Would you like me to post about each one?
I didn't post about her precisely because the story dominated the news. I posted now because the story took a political twist when trump tweeted about it.
This is your third response to my post. You have finally verified my original statement, "Why is it that while Mollie was missing for a month, BJ had no interest in this story? Not even once the body was found. He only posted about it once some angle was revealed that tied into 'Republicans = Bad.'" Thanks for playing.
Groucho Marx

silverscreenselect

#18 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:56 pm

Bob Juch wrote:I didn't post about her precisely because the story dominated the news. I posted now because the story took a political twist when trump tweeted about it.
The local sheriff was very quick to point out that the alleged killer was an illegal immigrant, and Trump and the right wing sites have gone crazy with it. Bob may have been the first one to bring it up here, but it's been all over the internet and all over Trump's rally speech last night how this proves the need for tough immigration policies.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#19 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:00 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:

Oh, I understand. That's why you saying "According to his lawyer, he's here legally." is so laughable.

No. I don't do criminal law and I don't comment here on my client's cases.

And if you think most lawyers are in the habit of lying, you have no idea how we do our jobs. Judges remember when lawyers aren't credible, and they care. We jealously guard our credibility. That's why I don't take it quietly when someone challenges my honesty, here or anywhere else. --Bob

Bob Juch

#20 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:14 pm

Estonut wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:
Estonut wrote:You post all kinds of "news" all the time. This story dominated the non-Trump news for a month. Thousands of people are missing. Why post about her now?
This is your third response to my post. You have finally verified my original statement, "Why is it that while Mollie was missing for a month, BJ had no interest in this story? Not even once the body was found. He only posted about it once some angle was revealed that tied into 'Republicans = Bad.'" Thanks for playing.
I posted here when news that the media hadn't reported came out.

flockofseagulls104

#21 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:59 pm

Estonut wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:
Estonut wrote:You post all kinds of "news" all the time. This story dominated the non-Trump news for a month. Thousands of people are missing. Why post about her now?
No, it's the brothers of republicans. Let's get it straight now.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

flockofseagulls104

#22 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:00 am

Bob Juch wrote:I didn't post about her precisely because the story dominated the news. I posted now because the story took a political twist when trump tweeted about it.
The local sheriff was very quick to point out that the alleged killer was an illegal immigrant, and Trump and the right wing sites have gone crazy with it. Bob may have been the first one to bring it up here, but it's been all over the internet and all over Trump's rally speech last night how this proves the need for tough immigration policies.
Yes, you're right. It's just one more example of how we need to enforce our borders.

flockofseagulls104

#23 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:03 am

Bob78164 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:You really don't understand how lawyers do our jobs, do you? Or are you assuming we're all like Giuliani and Cohen? --Bob

No. I don't do criminal law and I don't comment here on my client's cases.

And if you think most lawyers are in the habit of lying, you have no idea how we do our jobs. Judges remember when lawyers aren't credible, and they care. We jealously guard our credibility. That's why I don't take it quietly when someone challenges my honesty, here or anywhere else. --Bob
Nobody here has challenged your honesty, bob-tel. It's your insufferable self-righteousness, your complete closed-mindedness and your warped view of what's ethical that's in play here.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#24 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:08 am

Pot wrote:Kettle, you're black.
--Bob

Estonut
Evil Genius

#25 Post by Estonut » Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:16 am

Bob Juch wrote:
Estonut wrote:
I posted here when news that the media hadn't reported came out.
The Media HAD reported it. Yesterday.
Groucho Marx