I'm becoming a fan of Melania Trump

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Ritterskoop

I'm becoming a fan of Melania Trump

#1 Post by Ritterskoop » Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:00 pm

I'm one of the last people who would have seen myself as a fan of hers two years ago, but the recent timeline has me on board.

First was the jacket business, which many thought was just her not paying attention, but some of us wondered if she was giving her husband the finger. "I really don't care. Do U?" could mean she doesn't care what he thinks. I grant this one is still inconclusive, but with the newer statements, I'm giving it more weight.

Next was two weekends ago, when her husband tweeted ugliness at LeBron James:

Lebron James was just interviewed by the dumbest man on television, Don Lemon. He made Lebron look smart, which isn’t easy to do. I like Mike!

Melania quickly tweeted that she admires James and wants to meet him, and work with his foundation, which supports inner-city kids with bikes and scholarships. No ambiguity there.

Now, she is heading to Africa. “This will be my first time traveling to Africa and I am excited to educate myself on the issues facing children throughout the continent, while also learning about its rich culture and history,” she said in a statement distributed by the East Wing. “We are a global society, and I believe it is through open dialogue and the exchanging of ideas that we have a real opportunity to learn from one another.” [my italics]

Any other First Lady, that wouldn’t be surprising. For the spouse of this president, it’s wonderfully specific language.

She has the TV on her airplane on CNN. They have separate rooms at the WH and also in hotels on the road.

I know we have wondered if she is all that bright, but there are clues seeping out that either she can think for herself, or is willing to speak up for soemone who can.

She’s no Michelle Obama, or Barbara Bush, but it’s great to know that she is becoming her own person.
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

Bob Juch

Re: I'm becoming a fan of Melania Trump

#2 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:07 pm

Ritterskoop wrote:I'm one of the last people who would have seen myself as a fan of hers two years ago, but the recent timeline has me on board.

First was the jacket business, which many thought was just her not paying attention, but some of us wondered if she was giving her husband the finger. "I really don't care. Do U?" could mean she doesn't care what he thinks. I grant this one is still inconclusive, but with the newer statements, I'm giving it more weight.
https://www.racked.com/2018/8/15/176906 ... ump-jacket
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Ritterskoop

Re: I'm becoming a fan of Melania Trump

#3 Post by Ritterskoop » Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:14 pm

Oh, yeah, even the white pantsuit has a possible message, now that we are looking for it.
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.