I'd never heard that expression before (FL Gov.)

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
flockofseagulls104

Re: I'd never heard that expression before (FL Gov.)

#101 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:27 pm

Going back to the original topic, let me paraphrase Freud:
Sometimes a monkey is just a monkey.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#102 Post by Bob78164 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:52 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:I was mocking Gov. Cuomo, Cynthia Nixon and all the leftholes who get outraged when trump says the intelligence agencies might have an agenda, but do not raise an eyebrow when a sitting governor of a large state calls all the law enforcement agents at ICE thugs because they do their job. Only because he doesn't like who the american people elected as president.
Not because they're doing their jobs. Because they're overusing their power in order to create an in terrorem effect.

The issue isn't whether people have an agenda. Everyone has an agenda so if that's your test, everything you don't like appears illegitimate, which is something Donny is trying to exploit with his rhetoric. The issue is whether people's agenda are affecting their actions to an extent that they're not doing their job correctly. As judges, Roy Moore and the Fifth Circuit judges in the decision I recently noted both had agendas. Roy Moore allowed his agenda to drive how he did his job, to the detriment of the job -- that's why he was thrown off the Alabama Supreme Court not once, but twice. The Fifth Circuit judges did not, which will give me a lot more confidence in those judges the next time they render a decision I don't like. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#103 Post by Bob78164 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:12 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:Going back to the original topic, let me paraphrase Freud:
I'm curious, flock. Now that melly has changed her mind after watching the DeSantis video, do you still think she's reasonable and logical? Or is that only true as long as she reaches the same conclusions that you reach? --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#104 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:16 pm

Bob78164 wrote: do you still think she's reasonable and logical? Or is that only true as long as she reaches the same conclusions that you reach? --Bob
Flock reaches the conclusion that Donald Trump tells him to reach. It makes his thought processes so much easier.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

flockofseagulls104

#105 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:20 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:Going back to the original topic, let me paraphrase Freud:
I'm curious, flock. Now that melly has changed her mind after watching the DeSantis video, do you still think she's reasonable and logical? Or is that only true as long as she reaches the same conclusions that you reach? --Bob
She's a whole lot more reasonable and logical than you. She's wrong, but at least able to consider alternative conclusions, something you can't do. I can respect that.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

flockofseagulls104

#106 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:21 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Bob78164 wrote: do you still think she's reasonable and logical? Or is that only true as long as she reaches the same conclusions that you reach? --Bob
Flock reaches the conclusion that Donald Trump tells him to reach. It makes his thought processes so much easier.
How clever. I wish he would call me, but he never does. Did you get that response from the Bat Phone?

flockofseagulls104

#107 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:23 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:I was mocking Gov. Cuomo, Cynthia Nixon and all the leftholes who get outraged when trump says the intelligence agencies might have an agenda, but do not raise an eyebrow when a sitting governor of a large state calls all the law enforcement agents at ICE thugs because they do their job. Only because he doesn't like who the american people elected as president.
Not because they're doing their jobs. Because they're overusing their power in order to create an in terrorem effect.

The issue isn't whether people have an agenda. Everyone has an agenda so if that's your test, everything you don't like appears illegitimate, which is something Donny is trying to exploit with his rhetoric. The issue is whether people's agenda are affecting their actions to an extent that they're not doing their job correctly. As judges, Roy Moore and the Fifth Circuit judges in the decision I recently noted both had agendas. Roy Moore allowed his agenda to drive how he did his job, to the detriment of the job -- that's why he was thrown off the Alabama Supreme Court not once, but twice. The Fifth Circuit judges did not, which will give me a lot more confidence in those judges the next time they render a decision I don't like. --Bob
Wow, using latin sure makes bullshit look a lot more official.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#108 Post by Bob78164 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:29 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
She's a whole lot more reasonable and logical than you. She's wrong, but at least able to consider alternative conclusions, something you can't do. I can respect that.
Project much? I have yet to see you change your mind about pretty much anything. Not that it matters. You're not my intended audience. You're the foil for my real audience. Thank you for your service.

You think I can't consider alternative conclusions? Why do you think, after melly posted her thoughts, that I waited until I could watch the video before I responded? --Bob

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#109 Post by Bob78164 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:33 pm

Bob78164 wrote:

Why do you feel compelled to mock the use of an educated vocabulary? If you don't understand it, just say so. If you do understand it, then you're suggesting that there's something bad about me using my education. That's a common Republican meme, but I had hoped for better from anyone interested in a knowledge-based game.

And Latin is a proper noun that should be capitalized. --Bob

silverscreenselect

#110 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:46 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:How clever. I wish he would call me, but he never does. Did you get that response from the Bat Phone?
Trump has no difficulty reaching his band of useful idiots, since everything he tweets makes the rounds very quickly.

flockofseagulls104

#111 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:15 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:How clever. I wish he would call me, but he never does. Did you get that response from the Bat Phone?
Trump has no difficulty reaching his band of useful idiots, since everything he tweets makes the rounds very quickly.
As I've said, I don't use and never will use twitter. But, who cares if you can get one of your dumb responses in. You have done it again you bigot. Read my posts before you knee jerk. Stop insulting idiots, you moron.

flockofseagulls104

#112 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:20 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:Not because they're doing their jobs. Because they're overusing their power in order to create an in terrorem effect.

Why do you feel compelled to mock the use of an educated vocabulary? If you don't understand it, just say so. If you do understand it, then you're suggesting that there's something bad about me using my education. That's a common Republican meme, but I had hoped for better from anyone interested in a knowledge-based game.

Sorry. I take back my uneducated response. Let me rephrase:

Wow, using Latin sure makes Bullshit look a lot more Official.

So now you're bob-tel, first of his name, arbiter of public morals, above average, ethical, illiterate but well-educated lawyer. (I think I might have forgotten one or two of your official titles. Can someone help me?)
Last edited by flockofseagulls104 on Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

silverscreenselect

#113 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:36 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote: As I've said, I don't use and never will use twitter.
You don't have to; Trump's tweets are regularly posted on many of the right wing "news sites" that you apparently do read. It doesn't take long for word to reach you.

tlynn78

#114 Post by tlynn78 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:48 pm

Bob78164 wrote:

Wow, using Latin sue makes Bullshit look a lot more Official.

So now you're bob-tel, first of his name, arbiter of public morals, above average, ethical, illiterate but well-educated lawyer. (I think I might have forgotten one or two of your official titles. Can someone help me?)
You forgot super busy. And forgetful.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

flockofseagulls104

#115 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:57 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote: As I've said, I don't use and never will use twitter.
You don't have to; Trump's tweets are regularly posted on many of the right wing "news sites" that you apparently do read. It doesn't take long for word to reach you.
You have no idea what I read. I've given you some hints, but you never retain them. I guess you think I'm lying to you because I'm so ashamed. And your guesses are so far off that it verifies how much of a clone you are.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#116 Post by Bob78164 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:15 pm

Bob78164 wrote:

Wow, using Latin sue makes Bullshit look a lot more Official.

I guess I know my answer. You switch to mockery and ad hominem attacks (yes, that's also Latin) when you have no substantive response and want to distract from that fact. I'm not biting. --Bob

flockofseagulls104

#117 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:31 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:Why do you feel compelled to mock the use of an educated vocabulary? If you don't understand it, just say so. If you do understand it, then you're suggesting that there's something bad about me using my education. That's a common Republican meme, but I had hoped for better from anyone interested in a knowledge-based game.

Wow, using Latin sure makes Bullshit look a lot more Official.

I guess I know my answer. You switch to mockery and ad hominem attacks (yes, that's also Latin) when you have no substantive response and want to distract from that fact. I'm not biting. --Bob
I'm not asking you to bite. But you just did. Of course you have not read my posts. I got you, babe.

PS: Two down, one to go.

PPS: You didn't even give me any credit for knowing it was Latin....

PPPS: Another error. I'm not a Republican. I must be using an Independent meme.

silverscreenselect

#118 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:36 pm

A distinction without a difference. You may not list yourself on the Republican party line if they have registration by parties in your state, but you happen to come down on the same side of virtual every issue, especially your belief in Trump.

flockofseagulls104

#119 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:16 pm

A distinction without a difference. You may not list yourself on the Republican party line if they have registration by parties in your state, but you happen to come down on the same side of virtual every issue, especially your belief in Trump.
Like you do for the dems? What the fuck is your obsession? Like it's a crime to agree with trump about anything? Lock me up. He's right about a lot more things than you are, you monkey.

PS: You still don't have a clue, do you?