I guess that's one way to make sure Ted Cruz wins

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob78164
Bored Moderator

I guess that's one way to make sure Ted Cruz wins

#1 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:26 pm

The Administration is pulling passports and refusing entry to a number of United States citizens who were born in the Rio Grande Valley. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

Re: I guess that's one way to make sure Ted Cruz wins

#2 Post by Beebs52 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:35 pm

Bless ur heart.
Well, then

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#3 Post by Beebs52 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:40 pm

https://www.google.com/amp/www.latimes. ... utType=amp

Where was your post during the previous administration?
Well, then

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#4 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:15 pm

Beebs52 wrote:https://www.google.com/amp/www.latimes. ... utType=amp

Kevin Sieff wrote:A 2009 government settlement in a case litigated by the American Civil Liberties Union seemed like it had mostly put an end to the passport denials. Attorneys reported that the number of denials declined during the rest of the Obama administration, and the government settled promptly when people filed complaints after being denied passports.
In any event, that response is classic whataboutism.

But it turns out this is another case of Donny reversing an Obama policy. This one reversal is directly harming American citizens. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#5 Post by Beebs52 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:27 pm

Bob78164 wrote:

Kevin Sieff wrote:A 2009 government settlement in a case litigated by the American Civil Liberties Union seemed like it had mostly put an end to the passport denials. Attorneys reported that the number of denials declined during the rest of the Obama administration, and the government settled promptly when people filed complaints after being denied passports.

But it turns out this is another case of Donny reversing an Obama policy. This one reversal is directly harming American citizens. --Bob
You are so predictable. I offered no opinion on the policy itself. Only your magically au courant CONCERN that didn't exist before you could apply your timely CONCERN during the hated Trump administration. And to slip in some weird shot at Cruz. Very chuckle-inducing.
Well, then

Spock

#6 Post by Spock » Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:26 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:

You are so predictable. I offered no opinion on the policy itself. Only your magically au courant CONCERN that didn't exist before you could apply your timely CONCERN during the hated Trump administration. And to slip in some weird shot at Cruz. Very chuckle-inducing.
But Beebs, you committed "Classic Whataboutism." That means you automatically lost the discussion/argument/whatever.

I think it is kind of Bob#'s corollary to Godwin's Law. If you are accused of Classic Whataboutism that means you lost the debate.

BackInTex

#7 Post by BackInTex » Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:38 pm

Typical rag/BS reporting.
appear to be surging
seeing these kind of cases skyrocketing
Yet, no actual numbers to qualify what "skyrocketing" means. Was 10 a year, now 15. A 50% "surge"?
In a case last August,
Last August? August 2017? Trump hadn't even had a chance to make his changes. That would be under the Obama process still.
I’ve had probably 20 people who have been sent to the detention center
"Probabaly"? 20 over what time period?
The Trump administration is accusing hundreds, and possibly thousands
If you don't know if it's thousands, how do you know its hundreds? And how many of the "hundreds" are carry-overs from the prior administration?

Lots of questions.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

BackInTex

#8 Post by BackInTex » Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:40 pm

..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#9 Post by Beebs52 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:53 pm

Spock wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:In any event, that response is classic whataboutism.

But Beebs, you committed "Classic Whataboutism." That means you automatically lost the discussion/argument/whatever.

I think it is kind of Bob#'s corollary to Godwin's Law. If you are accused of Classic Whataboutism that means you lost the debate.
See this is where I forget. Does it have to be actual whataboutism or just accused of it in order to be threadless worthy. What to do what to do.
Well, then

flockofseagulls104

#10 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:13 am

Beebs52 wrote:
Spock wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:

See this is where I forget. Does it have to be actual whataboutism or just accused of it in order to be threadless worthy. What to do what to do.
I once committed Impressionistic Whataboutism. My brain hurt for almost 2 weeks. I'll stick to Post-Modern Whataboutism, what I'm best at.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#11 Post by Beebs52 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:41 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:
Spock wrote:

I once committed Impressionistic Whataboutism. My brain hurt for almost 2 weeks. I'll stick to Post-Modern Whataboutism, what I'm best at.
Fauve. The only way to go.
Well, then

flockofseagulls104

#12 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:34 am

Beebs52 wrote:
Beebs52 wrote: See this is where I forget. Does it have to be actual whataboutism or just accused of it in order to be threadless worthy. What to do what to do.
Over by the orange
stream, Obama never even gave
passports to iron tailed
monkeys playing the harp,
did he not?

Example of Fauvist Whataboutism.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

tlynn78

#13 Post by tlynn78 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:41 am

Beebs52 wrote:
Beebs52 wrote: See this is where I forget. Does it have to be actual whataboutism or just accused of it in order to be threadless worthy. What to do what to do.
Talk about whataboutism - football quarterbacks have no place in this discussion.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#14 Post by Beebs52 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:09 am

tlynn78 wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:
Talk about whataboutism - football quarterbacks have no place in this discussion.
Drat! Unable to come up with an appropriate other qb artist. Wait! Cubism! Whatabout that?
Well, then

tlynn78

#15 Post by tlynn78 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:31 am

Beebs52 wrote:
tlynn78 wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:
Drat! Unable to come up with an appropriate other qb artist. Wait! Cubism! Whatabout that?
I think that might be 'racist'
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#16 Post by Beebs52 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:35 am

tlynn78 wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:
tlynn78 wrote:
My whistle is broke.
Well, then

tlynn78

#17 Post by tlynn78 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:41 am

Beebs52 wrote:
tlynn78 wrote:
Beebs52 wrote: Drat! Unable to come up with an appropriate other qb artist. Wait! Cubism! Whatabout that?
My whistle is broke.
lol

Bob Juch

#18 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:56 am

tlynn78 wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:
tlynn78 wrote:
They play baseball.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Vandal
Director of Promos

#19 Post by Vandal » Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:37 am

_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#20 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:28 pm

Here's the experience of an Arizona woman. She has the time and resources to do the necessary fighting on behalf of her kids. But she shouldn't have to. --Bob

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#21 Post by Beebs52 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:33 pm

Bob78164 wrote:Here's the experience of an Arizona woman. She has the time and resources to do the necessary fighting on behalf of her kids. But she shouldn't have to. --Bob
Happy labor day to you. This was already spoken about in a whataboutism thread. Like this one
Well, then

themanintheseersuckersuit

#22 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:37 am

Vandal wrote:Image
That poster was created by Sabo during the 2016 campaign
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ ... od-1133678 For the latest
Suitguy is not bitter.

feels he represents the many educated and rational onlookers who believe that the hysterical denouncement of lay scepticism is both unwarranted and counter-productive

The problem, then, is that such calls do not address an opposition audience so much as they signal virtue. They talk past those who need convincing. They ignore actual facts and counterargument. And they are irreparably smug.

Bob Juch

#23 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:59 am

Beebs52 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:Here's the experience of an Arizona woman. She has the time and resources to do the necessary fighting on behalf of her kids. But she shouldn't have to. --Bob
Happy labor day to you. This was already spoken about in a whataboutism thread. Like this one
What does that have to do with whataboutism?
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

a1mamacat

#24 Post by a1mamacat » Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:22 am

themanintheseersuckersuit wrote:
Vandal wrote:Image
That poster was created by Sabo during the 2016 campaign
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ ... od-1133678 For the latest

Canada wishes to express our extreme gratitude that you took him back! :mrgreen:
Lover of Soft Animals and Fine Art
1st annual international BBBL Champeeeeen!

elwoodblues

#25 Post by elwoodblues » Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:27 pm

a1mamacat wrote:
Canada wishes to express our extreme gratitude that you took him back! :mrgreen:
We gave Canada acid rain. You gave us Ted Cruz. Let's call it even.