Trump cancels pay raises for almost 2 million federal worker

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob Juch

Trump cancels pay raises for almost 2 million federal worker

#1 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:40 pm

“In light of our nation's fiscal situation, federal employee pay must be performance-based …” the president wrote in a Thursday letter to congressional leaders.

President Donald Trump is canceling across-the-board pay raises for civilian workers across the federal government, citing the “nation’s fiscal situation.”
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/08/ ... ers-804574
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

silverscreenselect

Re: Trump cancels pay raises for almost 2 million federal wo

#2 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:45 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
“In light of our nation's fiscal situation, federal employee pay must be performance-based …” the president wrote in a Thursday letter to congressional leaders.

President Donald Trump is canceling across-the-board pay raises for civilian workers across the federal government, citing the “nation’s fiscal situation.”
Excuse me, but which fiscal situation are we talking about, the one in which we've had all this increased economic growth and all the other great things resulting from those tax cuts, or the one in which federal workers join the many, many others whose wages have stagnated.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

flockofseagulls104

#3 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:48 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:

Excuse me, but which fiscal situation are we talking about, the one in which we've had all this increased economic growth and all the other great things resulting from those tax cuts, or the one in which federal workers join the many, many others whose wages have stagnated.
Could it be the fiscal situation where we have $22,000,000,000,000 in federal debt?
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

silverscreenselect

#4 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:04 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
silverscreenselect wrote: Excuse me, but which fiscal situation are we talking about, the one in which we've had all this increased economic growth and all the other great things resulting from those tax cuts, or the one in which federal workers join the many, many others whose wages have stagnated.
Could it be the fiscal situation where we have $22,000,000,000,000 in federal debt?
Which apparently became a problem sometime between the time that Trump and his buddies got huuuuuuge tax cuts and the time it came to give rank-and-file federal workers a pay increase.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

flockofseagulls104

#5 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:18 pm

silverscreenselect wrote: Excuse me, but which fiscal situation are we talking about, the one in which we've had all this increased economic growth and all the other great things resulting from those tax cuts, or the one in which federal workers join the many, many others whose wages have stagnated.
Which apparently became a problem sometime between the time that Trump and his buddies got huuuuuuge tax cuts and the time it came to give rank-and-file federal workers a pay increase.
I think he's restricted to federal workers. He is the CEO of the federal government after all. (He really is. It's only in your echo chamber that he's not.)
God forbid that federal workers get raises based on their performance!!!!!!!!

trump and his buddies! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You're not stupid. You just say things that indicate that deep down you're an ignoramous.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#6 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:28 pm

I think he's restricted to federal workers. He is the CEO of the federal government after all. (He really is. It's only in your echo chamber that he's not.)

You're not stupid. You just say things that indicate that deep down you're an ignoramous.
At a minimum they should get cost-of-living increases to keep up with inflation. Otherwise they're being asked to do the same work for less earning power.

But juxtaposing this announcement with the tax cut for billionaires and real estate moguls is going to make one hell of a campaign ad. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

flockofseagulls104

#7 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:34 pm

Bob78164 wrote:

At a minimum they should get cost-of-living increases to keep up with inflation. Otherwise they're being asked to do the same work for less earning power.

But juxtaposing this announcement with the tax cut for billionaires and real estate moguls is going to make one hell of a campaign ad. --Bob
Let's juxtapose it with Pelosi vowing to raise your taxes. I WANT MY TAXES RAISED! PLEASE???????
You call everything a 'tax cut for billionaires' It's on a post it note next to the Bat-Phone.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#8 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:35 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote: I think he's restricted to federal workers. He is the CEO of the federal government after all. (He really is. It's only in your echo chamber that he's not.)

Let's juxtapose it with Pelosi vowing to raise your taxes. I WANT MY TAXES RAISED! PLEASE???????
You call everything a 'tax cut for billionaires' It's on a post it note next to the Bat-Phone.
I'll settle for going back to the way things were. Because my taxes are going up a lot to fund that tax break for billionaires. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Bob Juch

#9 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:35 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote: I think he's restricted to federal workers. He is the CEO of the federal government after all. (He really is. It's only in your echo chamber that he's not.)

https://www.politifact.com/punditfact/s ... rats-take/
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.