"Jack Ryan"

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob Juch

"Jack Ryan"

#1 Post by Bob Juch » Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:46 am

I'm 95% through episode two of this Amazon Prime series. As a whole it's good, but I just saw a huge goof: Talking about transferring money via SIM cards. WTF!!

And immediately after that, he chambers a round in a pistol that he's been given right after the guy who gave it to him did. No cartridge was ejected!

And right after that, is "5-0" slag for the cops in France?

One cop has a white sticker on his back reading "POLICE" pealing off. But yes, "police" is the same in French.

How did so many errors creep in all at once?
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Bob Juch

Re: "Jack Ryan"

#2 Post by Bob Juch » Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:41 pm

I just finished the eighth and last episode of season one. I can't wait until the next one!

There were no more significant goofs.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#3 Post by Bob78164 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:33 pm

Are the plots taken or adapted from the books or is it an independent story? --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Bob Juch

#4 Post by Bob Juch » Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:35 pm

Bob78164 wrote:Are the plots taken or adapted from the books or is it an independent story? --Bob
It's an original story; a reboot. Ryan's background does not match that in "The Hunt for Red October."