Happy Labor Day

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Beebs52
Queen of Wack

Happy Labor Day

#1 Post by Beebs52 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:52 am

It's raining. Hoping Gordon goes north fast and doesn't visit us. Merv actually ventured out. Astros. Guess no more hgtv.
Well, then

BackInTex

Re: Happy Labor Day

#2 Post by BackInTex » Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:11 pm

I'm doing my computer based Defensive Driving Course.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

mellytu74

#3 Post by mellytu74 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:45 pm

Working the Tangredi puzzle.

In TLAF's memory on her third anniversary, I am watching the Phillies give me agita.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#4 Post by Beebs52 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:58 pm

mellytu74 wrote:Working the Tangredi puzzle.

In TLAF's memory on her third anniversary, I am watching the Phillies give me agita.
TLAF! Hey gurl!
Well, then

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#5 Post by Beebs52 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:59 pm

BackInTex wrote:I'm doing my computer based Defensive Driving Course.
A renewal?
Well, then

Ritterskoop

#6 Post by Ritterskoop » Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:40 pm

The Biloxi paper is rolling so early tomorrow morning to get away from the storm, we are sending all the copy tonight. We've done that a few times for storms, just send a lot of previews and analyses and not even try to have any live results. It's what happens when you have half a dozen papers in the obvious paths of hurricanes.

We also have one Western paper who has said, because we roll so early (they don't), we can't get all the scores, so we're not going to run ANY of them. That paper is also all analysis and features and columns. Might be the future of print sports sections, I guess.
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#7 Post by Beebs52 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:52 pm

Ritterskoop wrote:The Biloxi paper is rolling so early tomorrow morning to get away from the storm, we are sending all the copy tonight. We've done that a few times for storms, just send a lot of previews and analyses and not even try to have any live results. It's what happens when you have half a dozen papers in the obvious paths of hurricanes.

We also have one Western paper who has said, because we roll so early (they don't), we can't get all the scores, so we're not going to run ANY of them. That paper is also all analysis and features and columns. Might be the future of print sports sections, I guess.
That's why we don't do the local paper anymore. Or laugh at them.
Well, then

BackInTex

#8 Post by BackInTex » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:43 am

Beebs52 wrote:
A renewal?
No. Per agreement with the Donley County Justice Court. We agreed I would complete the course and they wouldn't tell my insurance company I was driving 85 in a 75. Sounded like a good deal.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#9 Post by Beebs52 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:41 am

BackInTex wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:
A renewal?
No. Per agreement with the Donley County Justice Court. We agreed I would complete the course and they wouldn't tell my insurance company I was driving 85 in a 75. Sounded like a good deal.
Sounds like a deal. Geez sometimes if you're not going 85 in a 75 you get run over by a semi...
Well, then

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#10 Post by littlebeast13 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:47 am

Beebs52 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:
A renewal?
Sounds like a deal. Geez sometimes if you're not going 85 in a 75 you get run over by a semi...

Y'all are crazy down there. We don't even have 75's.... which is good since the Sainted LBN would have disintegrated at that ungodly speed...

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

BackInTex

#11 Post by BackInTex » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:07 am

Beebs52 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:
A renewal?
Well, the DPS trooper was doing 75, and I almost ran him over. :shock: Early morning heading up to Colorado, talking with the kids in the back, wide divided highway, nice rented newer SUV, no cars except me.....and the DPS trooper.
~~ Thomas Jefferson