Transcript 5/2/2008 Lisa Bochner

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

Transcript 5/2/2008 Lisa Bochner

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Sun May 04, 2008 5:38 pm

Transcript May 2, 2008
Lisa Bochner
New York, NY

Lisa says she is the CEO of the family and does everything!

$100
A microscopic object is, by definition, very what?

A: Old
B: Colorful
C: Small
D: Stuck between your teeth

$200
The term "bumper-to-bumper" commonly applies to which of the following?

A: Refrigerators
B: Televisions
C: Computers
D: Automobiles

$300
Debuting in the U.S. in 2007, the reality series "Kitchen Nightmares" stars a grumpy tantrum-throwing what?

A: Rodeo clown
B: Chef
C: Supermodel
D: Personal trainer

$500
The slogan "Farewell, feather duster" appears on the Web side for which of these household brands?

A: Palmolive
B: Hefty
C: Glade
D: Swiffer

$1000
If he were real, the cartoon character famous for saying, "What's up doc?" would most likely be treated by what kind of "doc"?

A: Cardiologist
B: Veterinarian
C: Optometrist
D: Pediatrician

$2000
What is the name for the type of account in which buyers must often set aside money when getting a home mortgage?

A: Escrow
B: Margin
C: Setback
D: Lien

$4000
John F. Kennedy's Pulitzer Prize-winning account of eight great political leaders is titled "Profiles in" what?

A: Patriotism
B: Service
C: Honor
D: Courage

$8000
In a nod to the show's content, the name of the hit Cirque du Soleil show "O" sounds just like the French word for what?

A: Joy
B: Water
C: Life
D: Dance

Commercial break

Moved to NYC from California two years ago.

$16000
In what movie does John Travolta's character memorably discuss a foreign McDonald's burger he calls the "Royale with cheese"?

A: Pulp Fiction
B: Face/Off
C: Primary Colors
D: Get Shorty

Lisa asks the audience.

ATA:

A: 79%
B: 4%
C: 6%
D: 11%

Lisa was thinking it might be Primary Colors, which does not go along with the audience.
Meredith tries to gingerly say the audience isn't always right. Lisa decides to go ahead and use the 50/50.

50/50 leaves

$25000
The expression "red-letter day" derives from an old custom of using red ink on calendars to indicate what?

A: Full moons
B: Paydays
C: Religious holidays
D: Equinoxes & solstices

Lisa calls Laura, her best friend from her entire life. Laura asks her to repeat it, then says she doesn't really know but time runs out before she can give an answer.

Lisa spends some time trying to reason it out, but decides to leave with $16,000

Answers:

$100 C - Small
$200 D - Automobile
$300 B - Chef
$500 D - Swiffer
$1000 B - Veterinarian
$2000 A - Escrow
$4000 D - Courage
$8000 B - Water
$16000 A - Pulp Fiction
$25000 C - Religious holidays

NellyLunatic1980

Re: Transcript 5/2/2008 Lisa Bochner

#2 Post by NellyLunatic1980 » Mon May 05, 2008 4:32 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Transcript May 2, 2008
Lisa Bochner
New York, NY
Three WEs® in a row. Who would've guessed?

$2K: Not a clue. ATA.

$25K: Leaning toward religious holidays, but I better PAF first to confirm.

gsabc

#3 Post by gsabc » Mon May 05, 2008 6:34 am

NellyLunatic1980 wrote:
Lisa Bochner
New York, NY
Three WEs® in a row. Who would've guessed?
Taping for a Friday show where the contestants were dropping like flies early in the week. It would be more surprising NOT to have several WE's.
I just ordered chicken and an egg from Amazon. I'll let you know.

MarleysGh0st

#4 Post by MarleysGh0st » Mon May 05, 2008 6:52 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote: $16000
In what movie does John Travolta's character memorably discuss a foreign McDonald's burger he calls the "Royale with cheese"?

Lisa asks the audience.

ATA:

Lisa was thinking it might be Primary Colors, which does not go along with the audience.
Meredith tries to gingerly say the audience isn't always right. Lisa decides to go ahead and use the 50/50.

50/50 leaves

I'd have to ATA, too. I don't recall seeing any of these movies.

BBTranscriptTeam wrote: $25000
The expression "red-letter day" derives from an old custom of using red ink on calendars to indicate what?

Lisa calls Laura, her best friend from her entire life. Laura asks her to repeat it, then says she doesn't really know but time runs out before she can give an answer.

Lisa spends some time trying to reason it out, but decides to leave with $16,000
Lisa never indicated that she had any idea what the expression meant, metaphorically. It would have helped if she did.

peacock2121

#5 Post by peacock2121 » Mon May 05, 2008 6:56 am

Maybe there is something I don't see - for me, there was no other answer that it could have been but religious holidays.

earendel

#6 Post by earendel » Mon May 05, 2008 7:27 am

Lisa Bochner
New York, NY

Lisa says she is the CEO of the family and does everything!
But she's a WE® nonetheless.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$8000
In a nod to the show's content, the name of the hit Cirque du Soleil show "O" sounds just like the French word for what?

A: Joy
B: Water
C: Life
D: Dance
Thanks to lots of crossword puzzles I know that "eau" is the French word for "water".
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$16000

Lisa asks the audience.

ATA:

Lisa was thinking it might be Primary Colors, which does not go along with the audience. Meredith tries to gingerly say the audience isn't always right. Lisa decides to go ahead and use the 50/50.

50/50 leaves

I know it isn't Primary Colors, and pretty sure it's not Face/Off. But at this level and type of question, ATA will surely come through for me - and the results indicate I would have been correct.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$25000

Lisa spends some time trying to reason it out, but decides to leave with $16,000.
I would like to have heard what Lisa's reasoning was - it seems pretty obvious if one knows the meaning of the phrase - some special occasion. That would almost scream "holiday" even without having the word "religious" associated with it.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

takinover

#7 Post by takinover » Mon May 05, 2008 11:00 am

Lisa Bochner
New York, NY

$25000

I use this site as my online calender and all the Sundays and Holidays are marked red.

tanstaafl2

#8 Post by tanstaafl2 » Mon May 05, 2008 1:38 pm

This may be the easiest run to 25K, at least for me, that I have seen in a long time. Must be sweeps and they are looking for a bigger winner than the usual thousandaires.

Not that it worked in this case...
If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
~Mark Twain

Some people are like a Slinky. They are not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs...
~tanstaafl2

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
Ne Illegitimi Carborundum
Cumann na gClann Uí Thighearnaigh