Kavanaugh

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
flockofseagulls104

Re: Kavanaugh

#101 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:39 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:Kavanaugh and Ford will testify before the Committee on Monday. Can't wait to see what the 'protesters' do.
So she'll say he did it, he'll deny it. Everyone who believes her now will still believe her, and everyone who believes him will still believe him. But there will be more to argue about. Whooooppppeee!
It's amazing that you can know what effect the testimony under oath will have before you've even heard it. --Bob
I got you, babe.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#102 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:25 pm

It looks like the Republicans will limit the witnesses to just Judge Kavanaugh and Dr. Blassey (I think that's the name, rather than Dr. Ford, that she uses professionally). They've apparently learned nothing from the Anita Hill debacle. That's ridiculous. There's at least one other identified person who was in the room according to Dr. Blassey's account. He needs to testify. And they really need to investigate to find out, if they can, who the other people at the party were so that we can get their testimony as well, if possible.

There's no reason to rush this investigation just to put Kavanaugh on the Court in October instead of, say, after the midterms (Republicans will retain the votes to ram him through at least until early January). This looks more like the bare minimum they think they can get away with than a serious effort to find the truth. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

jarnon

#103 Post by jarnon » Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:13 pm

Bob78164 wrote:There's at least one other identified person who was in the room according to Dr. Blassey's account. He needs to testify.
He put out this statement:

I suspect his testimony will say the same thing, and will make boring TV.
Bob78164 wrote:This looks more like the bare minimum they think they can get away with than a serious effort to find the truth. --Bob
It'll be the bare minimum to satisfy all the GOP senators, and to convince voters that senators running for re-election gave Dr. Blassey a fair hearing.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#104 Post by Beebs52 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:23 pm

Bob78164 wrote:It looks like the Republicans will limit the witnesses to just Judge Kavanaugh and Dr. Blassey (I think that's the name, rather than Dr. Ford, that she uses professionally). They've apparently learned nothing from the Anita Hill debacle. That's ridiculous. There's at least one other identified person who was in the room according to Dr. Blassey's account. He needs to testify. And they really need to investigate to find out, if they can, who the other people at the party were so that we can get their testimony as well, if possible.

There's no reason to rush this investigation just to put Kavanaugh on the Court in October instead of, say, after the midterms (Republicans will retain the votes to ram him through at least until early January). This looks more like the bare minimum they think they can get away with than a serious effort to find the truth. --Bob
I've seen Dr. Blasey Ford referenced everywhere. Where do you get Blassey?
Well, then

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#105 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:46 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:It looks like the Republicans will limit the witnesses to just Judge Kavanaugh and Dr. Blassey (I think that's the name, rather than Dr. Ford, that she uses professionally). They've apparently learned nothing from the Anita Hill debacle. That's ridiculous. There's at least one other identified person who was in the room according to Dr. Blassey's account. He needs to testify. And they really need to investigate to find out, if they can, who the other people at the party were so that we can get their testimony as well, if possible.

I don't remember where. Some article I read. It looks like I misspelled her name -- as you correctly point out, I should have spelled it Blasey. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#106 Post by Beebs52 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:53 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:

I don't remember where. Some article I read. It looks like I misspelled her name -- as you correctly point out, I should have spelled it Blasey. --Bob
I read an article somewhere that said lima beans are actuallly Macchu Pichu beans.
Well, then

flockofseagulls104

#107 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:03 pm

As of now, it doesn't look like she will even show up. Kavanaugh has the right to confront his accuser, and he is apparently eager for the chance.

From what I understand, she has no specifics about anything. Even the number of people in the room is not certain. How you gonna find the other people in the party, bob-tel? You sound like you're just paraphrasing some idiot 'expert' from MSLSD.

You know, regardless whether he did what she said or not, if you did something bad in high school should it paint the rest of your life? God help us all if we are held to that standard.

This is ALL political, bob-tel, and you know it.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

flockofseagulls104

#108 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:05 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
Beebs52 wrote: I've seen Dr. Blasey Ford referenced everywhere. Where do you get Blassey?
I read an article somewhere that said lima beans are actuallly Macchu Pichu beans.
I read an article somewhere that said you shouldn't believe anything that is written in an article. I kinda just disregarded it.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#109 Post by Beebs52 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:09 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:I don't remember where. Some article I read. It looks like I misspelled her name -- as you correctly point out, I should have spelled it Blasey. --Bob
I read an article somewhere that said you shouldn't believe anything that is written in an article. I kinda just disregarded it.
But, but...articles!
Well, then

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#110 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:17 pm

As of now, it doesn't look like she will even show up. Kavanaugh has the right to confront his accuser, and he is apparently eager for the chance.

From what I understand, she has no specifics about anything. Even the number of people in the room is not certain. How you gonna find the other people in the party, bob-tel? You sound like you're just paraphrasing some idiot 'expert' from MSLSD.

You know, regardless whether he did what she said or not, if you did something bad in high school should it paint the rest of your life? God help us all if we are held to that standard.

So if video appeared demonstrating that her account is precisely accurate, you'd be okay with Kavanaugh on the Court?

I'm okay with attempted forcible rape having lifelong consequences for the perpetrator, even a 17-year-old perpetrator. Because it certainly does for the victim. --Bob

tlynn78

#111 Post by tlynn78 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:22 pm

Bob78164 wrote:

So if video appeared demonstrating that her account is precisely accurate, you'd be okay with Kavanaugh on the Court?

I'm okay with attempted forcible rape having lifelong consequences for the perpetrator, even a 17-year-old perpetrator. Because it certainly does for the victim. --Bob
As do false accusations for the alleged perpetrator. You better hope Skippy doesn't have a date go bad in today's climate.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#112 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:22 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:As of now, it doesn't look like she will even show up.
Source? Because her lawyer has said otherwise. As far as I know, the only witness who doesn't want to appear is Mark Judge. --Bob

flockofseagulls104

#113 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:31 pm

Bob78164 wrote:

If there was video? Is that the argument an above average lawyer would use in court? What if God wrote in the clouds that Kavanaugh did it?

We have what we have, bob-tel, and if anything else turns up, I will be willing to update my opinion. But right now, it is only her vague recollections of something that may or may not have happened 35 years ago. We have hundreds of women that know and have worked with Kavanaugh writing in his defense. And through several FBI Investigations and confirmation hearings, I have heard no allegations of him engaging in that kind of behavior. So I'm willing to give him a pass on it, counselor.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#114 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:34 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote: As of now, it doesn't look like she will even show up. Kavanaugh has the right to confront his accuser, and he is apparently eager for the chance.

As do false accusations for the alleged perpetrator. You better hope Skippy doesn't have a date go bad in today's climate.
Which is why it's important to have a full investigation designed to reach the truth, not an abbreviated sideshow designed to provide political cover. (And by the way, unless I hear a better explanation for the delay than I've heard to date, this incident will probably affect my vote for the United States Senate in November.)

Flock seems to be saying that he'd be willing to see Kavanaugh on the Court even if the incident went down exactly as described, simply because Kavanaugh was only 17 at the time and boys will be boys. I disagree. Do you?

I don't know whether Judge Kavanaugh attacked Dr. Blasey Ford, and neither does anyone else on this Bored. All I'm saying is that it's ridiculous to rush his confirmation process before we collect as much information as possible. Instead, the Judiciary Committee appears to be determined to make the very same mistake Joe Biden made with Anita Hill, rushing to a vote without first collecting and publicly airing all available evidence. --Bob

flockofseagulls104

#115 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:36 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:As of now, it doesn't look like she will even show up.
Source? Because her lawyer has said otherwise. As far as I know, the only witness who doesn't want to appear is Mark Judge. --Bob
Listening to the news, every half hour or so they have an update saying she hasn't confirmed she will show up, bob-tel. Someone is getting fake news.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/the-latest ... e-updates/

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#116 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:38 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:You know, regardless whether he did what she said or not, if you did something bad in high school should it paint the rest of your life? God help us all if we are held to that standard.
(Emphasis added.)
flockofseagulls104 wrote:If there was video? Is that the argument an above average lawyer would use in court? What if God wrote in the clouds that Kavanaugh did it?

We have what we have, bob-tel, and if anything else turns up, I will be willing to update my opinion. But right now, it is only her vague recollections of something that may or may not have happened 35 years ago. We have hundreds of women that know and have worked with Kavanaugh writing in his defense. And through several FBI Investigations and confirmation hearings, I have heard no allegations of him engaging in that kind of behavior. So I'm willing to give him a pass on it, counselor.
So you've changed your position. Above, you're saying that it's okay even if he did it because it was so long ago. Now you're saying that you don't know whether it happened and you don't believe her. Noted. --Bob

tlynn78

#117 Post by tlynn78 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:44 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
tlynn78 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:So if video appeared demonstrating that her account is precisely accurate, you'd be okay with Kavanaugh on the Court?

Which is why it's important to have a full investigation designed to reach the truth, not an abbreviated sideshow designed to provide political cover. (And by the way, unless I hear a better explanation for the delay than I've heard to date, this incident will probably affect my vote for the United States Senate in November.)

Flock seems to be saying that he'd be willing to see Kavanaugh on the Court even if the incident went down exactly as described, simply because Kavanaugh was only 17 at the time and boys will be boys. I disagree. Do you?

I don't know whether Judge Kavanaugh attacked Dr. Blasey Ford, and neither does anyone else on this Bored. All I'm saying is that it's ridiculous to rush his confirmation process before we collect as much information as possible. Instead, the Judiciary Committee appears to be determined to make the very same mistake Joe Biden made with Anita Hill, rushing to a vote without first collecting and publicly airing all available evidence. --Bob
Flock said no such thing - your 'seemer' is faulty. Who gets to decide how much information collection is sufficient? Have you read anything at all on the accuser? What, exactly, constitutes 'all available evidence"? You have the accuser's rather sketchy 'memory,' you have the only two others she actually (finally) named, both utterly denying it, and you have no one else. She can't name anyone else present, and since the other two say it didn't happen, they certainly won't be adding 'witnesses' to the story. She has no photos, presumably, or notes, or stained blue dress. So exactly what evidence should we be airing that isn't already available?
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Bob Juch

#118 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:45 pm

Brett Kavanaugh In 2015: ‘What Happens At Georgetown Prep Stays At Georgetown Prep’

https://theguardiansofdemocracy.com/kav ... town-prep/
Last edited by Bob Juch on Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

flockofseagulls104

#119 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:45 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
tlynn78 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:So if video appeared demonstrating that her account is precisely accurate, you'd be okay with Kavanaugh on the Court?

Well, your side worshipped Ted Kennedy, who killed a woman. They glorify Bill Clinton, who was accused of rape, and who lied directly to the American people on live TV about diddling one of his interns.

If you give me some realistic way that this issue can be PROVEN or DISPROVEN, then let's go forward. Other than that, let's leave it to the courts. If Ms Ford believes she has a case, let her bring it to trial in a courtroom. Let them testify on Monday, and then let them vote on Kavanaugh. Nothing will change, and no one's mind will be changed unless a blue dress is found. The only thing that will change is that Kavanaugh will forever have a stain on his reputation that he can't disprove, and Ms Ford will become another liberal icon. And spare us the circus and the mob.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#120 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:57 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
tlynn78 wrote:

Flock said no such thing - your 'seemer' is faulty.
flockofseagulls104 wrote:You know, regardless whether he did what she said or not, if you did something bad in high school should it paint the rest of your life? God help us all if we are held to that standard.
(Emphasis added.)

You still haven't answered my question. If video evidence surfaced demonstrating that Dr. Blasey Ford's account was completely accurate, would you still support Kavanaugh for the Court? --Bob

flockofseagulls104

#121 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:06 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
tlynn78 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:Which is why it's important to have a full investigation designed to reach the truth, not an abbreviated sideshow designed to provide political cover. (And by the way, unless I hear a better explanation for the delay than I've heard to date, this incident will probably affect my vote for the United States Senate in November.)

(Emphasis added.)

You still haven't answered my question. If video evidence surfaced demonstrating that Dr. Blasey Ford's account was completely accurate, would you still support Kavanaugh for the Court? --Bob
I have answered that question, bob-tel. You are just too dimwitted to see it.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#122 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:12 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
tlynn78 wrote:
(Emphasis added.)

You have. My remark was directed to tgirl, who hasn't. Before you call me "dimwitted," you might want to work on your own reading comprehension. --Bob

flockofseagulls104

#123 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:16 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote: (Emphasis added.)

You have. My remark was directed to tgirl, who hasn't. Before you call me "dimwitted," you might want to work on your own reading comprehension. --Bob
Well, my mistake. But I call you dimwitted based on your entire written history.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#124 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:44 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote: I have answered that question, bob-tel. You are just too dimwitted to see it.
Well, my mistake. But I call you dimwitted based on your entire written history.
No, you call me names because you find that easier than responding to my logic and evidence. --Bob

silverscreenselect

#125 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:32 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote: The only thing that will change is that Kavanaugh will forever have a stain on his reputation that he can't disprove, and Ms Ford will become another liberal icon.
So the notion that he may well have assaulted this woman then lied about it in his confirmation testimony (along with his other demonstrated lies) and wants to be one of the judges on the highest court in this nation doesn't bother you in the slightest because you're pretty sure he's going to rule the "right" way on cases or that he might have a stain on his reputation (I'm not sure which is the case).

And where were you screaming about the stain on Merrick Garland's reputation when he didn't even get a hearing?
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com