Kavanaugh

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob Juch

Re: Kavanaugh

#501 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:29 pm

American Bar Association reopens Kavanaugh evaluation
PBS.org wrote:WASHINGTON — The nation’s largest legal organization is reopening its evaluation of Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh based on his performance during a Senate hearing last week.

The American Bar Association’s Standing Committee on the Federal Judiciary said Friday it’s revisiting its evaluation based on “new information of a material nature regarding temperament.” It said it was unlikely the process will conclude before the Senate votes on Kavanaugh’s nomination.

Kavanaugh touted his “well-qualified” rating from the ABA committee during angry, emotional testimony last week, in which he denied sexual misconduct allegations.

Democrats have questioned whether he has the temperament for a lifetime appointment to the Supreme Court.

The ABA was among the organizations that had called for an FBI investigation of allegations against Kavanaugh. That probe was completed this week.

Friday’s letter says the original “well-qualified” rating stands, for now.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Bob Juch

#502 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:25 pm

Senator Collins is making it obvious that she has always supported Kavanaugh. She's using her announcement just to grandstand an endorsement for him. :evil:
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

flockofseagulls104

#503 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:28 pm

Bob Juch wrote:Senator Collins is making it obvious that she has always supported Kavanaugh. She's using her announcement just to grandstand an endorsement for him. :evil:
You don't have the temperament to be a rational human being.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

silverscreenselect

#504 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:39 pm

Bob Juch wrote:Senator Collins is making it obvious that she has always supported Kavanaugh. She's using her announcement just to grandstand an endorsement for him. :evil:
I can see why she needed time to announce her decision. She had the White House speechwriters working overtime putting her thoughts together for her.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

flockofseagulls104

#505 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:45 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
I can see why she needed time to announce her decision. She had the White House speechwriters working overtime putting her thoughts together for her.
You do not have the temperament to even represent a rational, reasonable human being. Of course, it all comes back to trump. It is soooooo fucking old.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

flockofseagulls104

#506 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:04 pm

Manchin is a yes, so he will most likely be confirmed.
Tried to listen to what Manchin had to say, but some 8 year olds decided shouting 'SHAME' was a good idea.

Can't wait to see what stunts, stupid or violent, the resistance will put on. And the sour grapes from bob-tel and aSSShole.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#507 Post by Beebs52 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:07 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:Manchin is a yes, so he will most likely be confirmed.
Tried to listen to what Manchin had to say, but some 8 year olds decided shouting 'SHAME' was a good idea.

Can't wait to see what stunts, stupid or violent, the resistance will put on. And the sour grapes from bob-tel and aSSShole.
Quel dommage. C'est la vie, n'est-ce pas?
Well, then

flockofseagulls104

#508 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:13 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:Manchin is a yes, so he will most likely be confirmed.

Quel dommage. C'est la vie, n'est-ce pas?
Oui, les ignorants abondent.

flockofseagulls104

#509 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:14 pm

THE BATPHONE IS RINGING!!!!!!!!

silverscreenselect

#510 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:18 pm

My prediction:

If the Senate turns out to be 50/50, Lisa Murkowski will announce she's an Independent again (she won as an independent once before) and caucus with Democratic party.

a1mamacat

#511 Post by a1mamacat » Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:21 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:My prediction:

If the Senate turns out to be 50/50, Lisa Murkowski will announce she's an Independent again (she won as an independent once before) and caucus with Democratic party.
Seems like she found the lost Republican Senator' balls, but Collins removed them again.
Lover of Soft Animals and Fine Art
1st annual international BBBL Champeeeeen!

tlynn78

#512 Post by tlynn78 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:59 pm

Ya'll are a hoot. Truly. :lol:
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#513 Post by SportsFan68 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:49 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
SportsFan68 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:The Denver Post is reporting that Cory Gardner is saying he hasn't made up his mind to vote for Kavanaugh. --Bob
A bunch of us have been working very hard on this, including telephoning and demonstrating outside his local office last night and tonight. We'll probably demonstrate Friday night also.

However, it will astonish me if he votes no. He has been a most excellent little minion for Trump.
I don't think you would do it. But are any of your bunch going to do your civic duty and get in his face and yell at him and his family when he's at a restaurant? Maybe follow him home and throw tomatoes at his house?
This is incomprehensible to me, Flock. How is it someone's civic duty to yell at her senator and his family at a restaurant? Even more incomprehensible, how is it someone's civic duty to follow someone home and throw tomatoes at his house?
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

flockofseagulls104

#514 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:10 pm

SportsFan68 wrote:
SportsFan68 wrote:
A bunch of us have been working very hard on this, including telephoning and demonstrating outside his local office last night and tonight. We'll probably demonstrate Friday night also.

However, it will astonish me if he votes no. He has been a most excellent little minion for Trump.
I don't think you would do it. But are any of your bunch going to do your civic duty and get in his face and yell at him and his family when he's at a restaurant? Maybe follow him home and throw tomatoes at his house?
This is incomprehensible to me, Flock. How is it someone's civic duty to yell at her senator and his family at a restaurant? Even more incomprehensible, how is it someone's civic duty to follow someone home and throw tomatoes at his house?
Me neither. Ask Maxine Waters and Corey Booker. Then ask why anyone would vote for people who advocate that.

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#515 Post by SportsFan68 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:37 pm

SportsFan68 wrote:
Me neither. Ask Maxine Waters and Corey Booker. Then ask why anyone would vote for people who advocate that.
You said stuff, Flock, but you didn't answer the questions: How is it someone's civic duty to yell at her senator and his family at a restaurant? Even more incomprehensible, how is it someone's civic duty to follow someone home and throw tomatoes at his house?
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

Bob Juch

#516 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:42 pm

The 51 Senators who voted "Yes" represent 143.2 million Americans.
The 49 Senators who voted "No" represent 181.8 million Americans.

a1mamacat

#517 Post by a1mamacat » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:00 pm

SportsFan68 wrote:
Me neither. Ask Maxine Waters and Corey Booker and Donald Trump
. Then ask why anyone would vote for people who advocate that.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/donal ... -violence/

fixed that for you
Lover of Soft Animals and Fine Art
1st annual international BBBL Champeeeeen!

flockofseagulls104

#518 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:52 pm

SportsFan68 wrote:
SportsFan68 wrote:
You said stuff, Flock, but you didn't answer the questions: How is it someone's civic duty to yell at her senator and his family at a restaurant? Even more incomprehensible, how is it someone's civic duty to follow someone home and throw tomatoes at his house?
I guess I have to be literal.

It is not someone's civic duty to yell at anyone at a restaurant or anywhere else. It is not anyone's civic duty to throw tomatoes at anyone's house because they don't agree with their politics. It is not anyone's civic duty to get in a politician's face and scream expletives at them. In actuality, it is ignorant, rude and destructive behavior, and is not in any way to be equated to civil disobedience. It is totally disrespectful to disrupt public hearings.
Yet there are many, and they seem to be mostly on the left, that seem to think that it is a noble endeavor to do so. And some of those people have been voted into positions of power and urge their constituents to do so. I give you Ms. Waters and Mr. Booker among others.
Since you mentioned that you were part of a 'protest', I wondered if any of your bunch were of that persuasion, or were urged to do something like that by someone who thinks it is a noble endeavor.

I think you know what I meant.

Bob Juch

#519 Post by Bob Juch » Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:10 am

SportsFan68 wrote:

It is not someone's civic duty to yell at anyone at a restaurant or anywhere else. It is not anyone's civic duty to throw tomatoes at anyone's house because they don't agree with their politics. It is not anyone's civic duty to get in a politician's face and scream expletives at them. In actuality, it is ignorant, rude and destructive behavior, and is not in any way to be equated to civil disobedience. It is totally disrespectful to disrupt public hearings.
Yet there are many, and they seem to be mostly on the left, that seem to think that it is a noble endeavor to do so. And some of those people have been voted into positions of power and urge their constituents to do so. I give you Ms. Waters and Mr. Booker among others.
Since you mentioned that you were part of a 'protest', I wondered if any of your bunch were of that persuasion, or were urged to do something like that by someone who thinks it is a noble endeavor.

I'm hoping they bring back tarring and feathering.

flockofseagulls104

#520 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:30 am

Bob Juch wrote:
SportsFan68 wrote:

I will pray for you.

Estonut
Evil Genius

#521 Post by Estonut » Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:40 am

Bob Juch wrote:
SportsFan68 wrote:You said stuff, Flock, but you didn't answer the questions: How is it someone's civic duty to yell at her senator and his family at a restaurant? Even more incomprehensible, how is it someone's civic duty to follow someone home and throw tomatoes at his house?

You'd better Google how to get it off before you wish for that.
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

Estonut
Evil Genius

#522 Post by Estonut » Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:35 am

a1mamacat wrote:
SportsFan68 wrote:This is incomprehensible to me, Flock. How is it someone's civic duty to yell at her senator and his family at a restaurant? Even more incomprehensible, how is it someone's civic duty to follow someone home and throw tomatoes at his house?
Me neither. Ask Maxine Waters and Corey Booker and Donald Trump
. Then ask why anyone would vote for people who advocate that.
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/donal ... -violence/

fixed that for you
Your list doesn't include a single instance where Trump incited violence. In one of the eight "examples," he suggested that, if people see someone preparing an assault, they might "knock the crap out of them." That's defensive.

None of the others have anything to do with inciting future violence. One of the sections even cuts the actual quote short, removing where he specifically says, "DON'T."
Groucho Marx

Estonut
Evil Genius

#523 Post by Estonut » Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:39 am

silverscreenselect wrote:I haven't heard anyone complain about how Gorsuch has acted.
Yet all but 3 Democrats voted against his nomination.
Groucho Marx

silverscreenselect

#524 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:40 am

Estonut wrote:
silverscreenselect wrote:I haven't heard anyone complain about how Gorsuch has acted.
Yet all but 3 Democrats voted against his nomination.
And for all practical purposes, every Republican in the Senate voted against Merrick Garland before ever hearing from him. Gorsuch's decisions have pretty much been what Democrats thought they would, which is why the Democrats voted against him. The Constitution doesn't say "advise and consent only to the extent of determining whether someone is morally fit for office." The Democrats feared that his decisions wouldn't be in the mainstream of current judicial philosophy and they are arguably correct in that.

They didn't bring any allegations of sexual assault or things of that nature because Gorsuch, unlike Kavanaugh, did not have anything of that nature in his background.

silverscreenselect

#525 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:46 am

Estonut wrote: Your list doesn't include a single instance where Trump incited violence. In one of the eight "examples," he suggested that, if people see someone preparing an assault, they might "knock the crap out of them." That's defensive.

None of the others have anything to do with inciting future violence. One of the sections even cuts the actual quote short, removing where he specifically says, "DON'T."
Trump often, but not always, semi-sort-of-kind-of walks back his statements at a later point, usually in a tone of voice or accompanied by gestures that indicate to everyone what his real feelings are. That gives literalist commentators the cover they need to say that Trump really wasn't advocating violence while stirring up his followers in exactly the way he intends. The similarities between Trump's rallies and Hitler's early rally speeches are startling.

I would think you had the intelligence to realize this. So, either you're one of Trump's rubes or you're cynical enough not to care.