WWTBAM Bored

A home for the weary.
It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:48 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 584 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Kavanaugh
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:57 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:58 am
Posts: 21971
Location: Oro Valley, Arizona
Estonut wrote:
silverscreenselect wrote:
The similarities between Trump's rallies and Hitler's early rally speeches are startling.
I didn't know you're THAT old, or that you understand German.

Hitler's speeches have been translated into English. Don't you remember that trump has/had a book of them that he read before bedtime?

_________________
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Kavanaugh
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:58 am
Posts: 21971
Location: Oro Valley, Arizona
Image

_________________
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Kavanaugh
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:58 am
Posts: 21971
Location: Oro Valley, Arizona
The Price To Pay For A Rush Job: New Corroborating Witness Comes Forward

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/chr ... 6eda9e3d85

_________________
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Kavanaugh
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:59 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Posts: 15461
Estonut wrote:
silverscreenselect wrote:
That gives literalist commentators the cover they need to say that Trump really wasn't advocating violence while stirring up his followers in exactly the way he intends.
So, all of a sudden, Trump is no longer an absolute moron, rather, he's some sophisticated code-talker? Who knew?


People who work at fast food restaurants are taught how to ask about upsizing and cross-selling. That doesn't mean they understand all the psychology behind that. Trump learned from a master (actually a number of masters, considering his days on the pro wrestling circuit).

_________________
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Kavanaugh
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:04 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Posts: 15461
Bob Juch wrote:
The Price To Pay For A Rush Job: New Corroborating Witness Comes Forward

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/chr ... 6eda9e3d85


Unfortunately, the "Kavanaugh test" requires corroboration in the form of: (1) an admission by the perpetrator; (2) eyewitness testimony, or (3) physical proof of the sort it's almost impossible to get 36 years after the fact.

_________________
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Kavanaugh
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:05 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:43 pm
Posts: 9922
Location: In Texas of course!
Bob Juch wrote:
The Price To Pay For A Rush Job: New Corroborating Witness Comes Forward

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/chr ... 6eda9e3d85


Lol. Corroborating. Told someone 34 yeas after the fact. Someone who wasn’t there.

_________________
In the end, they will all pretty much taste the same.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Kavanaugh
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:31 am
Posts: 6334
Location: Montana
silverscreenselect wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:
The Price To Pay For A Rush Job: New Corroborating Witness Comes Forward

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/chr ... 6eda9e3d85


Unfortunately, the "Kavanaugh test" requires corroboration in the form of: (1) an admission by the perpetrator; (2) eyewitness testimony, or (3) physical proof of the sort it's almost impossible to get 36 years after the fact.



Psst. Kavanaugh's been confirmed. Aren't y'all supposed to fall back on babies snatched from loving parents or RUSSIANS until your next dog whistle?

_________________
The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself. And clowns.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Kavanaugh
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:50 pm 
Offline
Evil Genius
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:16 am
Posts: 9193
Location: Garden Grove, CA
BackInTex wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:
The Price To Pay For A Rush Job: New Corroborating Witness Comes Forward

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/chr ... 6eda9e3d85
Lol. Corroborating. Told someone 34 yeas after the fact. Someone who wasn’t there.
I wonder why Dr. Ford failed to name this person as a witness. Maybe she understood that he wasn't one.

_________________
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Kavanaugh
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:53 pm 
Offline
Evil Genius
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:16 am
Posts: 9193
Location: Garden Grove, CA
Bob Juch wrote:
Estonut wrote:
silverscreenselect wrote:
The similarities between Trump's rallies and Hitler's early rally speeches are startling.
I didn't know you're THAT old, or that you understand German.
Hitler's speeches have been translated into English. Don't you remember that trump has/had a book of them that he read before bedtime?
Interesting that you and sss know so much about Hitler's speeches. Maybe YOU'RE the Nazis!

_________________
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Kavanaugh
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:10 pm 
Offline
No Scritches!!!
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:36 pm
Posts: 19787
Location: God's Country
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
SportsFan68 wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:

Sprots. You have not seen nor heard of the protests? I find that odd. You're sharp.


Thank you, MsKing. What I found incomprehensible was how it would be someone's civic duty to yell at officials and throw tomatoes at them. I believe it was my failure to comprehend what Flock was saying. As Skoop mentioned a loooooong time ago, it's sometime very difficult to decipher sarcasm in these posts. But maybe it was even more basic than that and not sarcasm that I missed at all. I do appreciate Flock's effort and energy in providing that explanation.

It was sarcasm. And I find it very worrisome that people in power, that apparently you seem to support, not only do not condemn the behavior of the people that do these sort of things, but actually encourage it and possibly even organize and pay for it. Why is there no outcry on the left to tell these people to stop disrupting senate hearings with demonstrations of childishness, to stop accosting and harassing duly elected representatives, to correct them in their rude and uncivilized behavior, and to point out the flaws in their demands and 'arguments'?

People who have different opinions see that kind of thing and, because there seems to be no one on the left that is condemning it, assume that is what the democrat party is, and will continue to be.


You give me too much credit, Flock, bringing up the possibility I could take the time to condemn people who say stuff like, "Maybe he should have been roughed up," or "Knock the crap out of him, would you? I promise, I'll pay your legal fees."

Here are examples of where my protest energy goes:
https://durangoherald.com/articles/244092
Calls and E-mails to Sen. Gardner regarding repeal of the federal methane rule: http://www.mtpr.org/post/repeal-obama-e ... ils-senate Bless Sen. McCain for that one.
Calls and E-mails to Secretary Betsy DeVos urging her to actually visit the bad schools before she professes to know how to help them.
Calls and E-mails to Secretary Zinke urging retention of the original Bears Ears park boundaries, but those fell on deaf ears; Zinke listens only to industry.
Calls and E-mails to the White House urging that the U.S. not withdraw from the Paris Accord. More deaf ears, but thanks to Gov. Hickenlooper, Colorado is part of the U.S. Climate Alliance.
Calls and E-mails trying to bring about the appointment of a top EPA administrator who actually cares about the environment instead of two climate change deniers.
Organization and tabling at the end of the march for March for our Lives -- https://durangoherald.com/galleries/809 ... -our-lives
We're currently working our fingers to the bone to repeal and replace Scott Tipton, who votes with the White House 95.5% of the time. Gardner doesn't come up for another two years, but we'll be working to repeal and replace him too.
Let me know when any condemning rises to the importance of those and other pro environment, pro health care, pro economy, pro education issues.

_________________
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Kavanaugh
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Posts: 4298
Location: Olympia, Washington
SportsFan68 wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
SportsFan68 wrote:

Thank you, MsKing. What I found incomprehensible was how it would be someone's civic duty to yell at officials and throw tomatoes at them. I believe it was my failure to comprehend what Flock was saying. As Skoop mentioned a loooooong time ago, it's sometime very difficult to decipher sarcasm in these posts. But maybe it was even more basic than that and not sarcasm that I missed at all. I do appreciate Flock's effort and energy in providing that explanation.

It was sarcasm. And I find it very worrisome that people in power, that apparently you seem to support, not only do not condemn the behavior of the people that do these sort of things, but actually encourage it and possibly even organize and pay for it. Why is there no outcry on the left to tell these people to stop disrupting senate hearings with demonstrations of childishness, to stop accosting and harassing duly elected representatives, to correct them in their rude and uncivilized behavior, and to point out the flaws in their demands and 'arguments'?

People who have different opinions see that kind of thing and, because there seems to be no one on the left that is condemning it, assume that is what the democrat party is, and will continue to be.


You give me too much credit, Flock, bringing up the possibility I could take the time to condemn people who say stuff like, "Maybe he should have been roughed up," or "Knock the crap out of him, would you? I promise, I'll pay your legal fees."

Here are examples of where my protest energy goes:
https://durangoherald.com/articles/244092
Calls and E-mails to Sen. Gardner regarding repeal of the federal methane rule: http://www.mtpr.org/post/repeal-obama-e ... ils-senate Bless Sen. McCain for that one.
Calls and E-mails to Secretary Betsy DeVos urging her to actually visit the bad schools before she professes to know how to help them.
Calls and E-mails to Secretary Zinke urging retention of the original Bears Ears park boundaries, but those fell on deaf ears; Zinke listens only to industry.
Calls and E-mails to the White House urging that the U.S. not withdraw from the Paris Accord. More deaf ears, but thanks to Gov. Hickenlooper, Colorado is part of the U.S. Climate Alliance.
Calls and E-mails trying to bring about the appointment of a top EPA administrator who actually cares about the environment instead of two climate change deniers.
Organization and tabling at the end of the march for March for our Lives -- https://durangoherald.com/galleries/809 ... -our-lives
We're currently working our fingers to the bone to repeal and replace Scott Tipton, who votes with the White House 95.5% of the time. Gardner doesn't come up for another two years, but we'll be working to repeal and replace him too.
Let me know when any condemning rises to the importance of those and other pro environment, pro health care, pro economy, pro education issues.


Kava-nope? I can see you look at both sides of every issue. Good Luck and God Bless.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Kavanaugh
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:44 am 
Offline
No Scritches!!!
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:36 pm
Posts: 19787
Location: God's Country
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
SportsFan68 wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
It was sarcasm. And I find it very worrisome that people in power, that apparently you seem to support, not only do not condemn the behavior of the people that do these sort of things, but actually encourage it and possibly even organize and pay for it. Why is there no outcry on the left to tell these people to stop disrupting senate hearings with demonstrations of childishness, to stop accosting and harassing duly elected representatives, to correct them in their rude and uncivilized behavior, and to point out the flaws in their demands and 'arguments'?

People who have different opinions see that kind of thing and, because there seems to be no one on the left that is condemning it, assume that is what the democrat party is, and will continue to be.


You give me too much credit, Flock, bringing up the possibility I could take the time to condemn people who say stuff like, "Maybe he should have been roughed up," or "Knock the crap out of him, would you? I promise, I'll pay your legal fees."

Here are examples of where my protest energy goes:
https://durangoherald.com/articles/244092
Calls and E-mails to Sen. Gardner regarding repeal of the federal methane rule: http://www.mtpr.org/post/repeal-obama-e ... ils-senate Bless Sen. McCain for that one.
Calls and E-mails to Secretary Betsy DeVos urging her to actually visit the bad schools before she professes to know how to help them.
Calls and E-mails to Secretary Zinke urging retention of the original Bears Ears park boundaries, but those fell on deaf ears; Zinke listens only to industry.
Calls and E-mails to the White House urging that the U.S. not withdraw from the Paris Accord. More deaf ears, but thanks to Gov. Hickenlooper, Colorado is part of the U.S. Climate Alliance.
Calls and E-mails trying to bring about the appointment of a top EPA administrator who actually cares about the environment instead of two climate change deniers.
Organization and tabling at the end of the march for March for our Lives -- https://durangoherald.com/galleries/809 ... -our-lives
We're currently working our fingers to the bone to repeal and replace Scott Tipton, who votes with the White House 95.5% of the time. Gardner doesn't come up for another two years, but we'll be working to repeal and replace him too.
Let me know when any condemning rises to the importance of those and other pro environment, pro health care, pro economy, pro education issues.


Kava-nope? I can see you look at both sides of every issue. Good Luck and God Bless.


Thank you. I wish you all the best too.

_________________
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Kavanaugh
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:17 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Posts: 15461
Beebs52 wrote:
Jumping fucking jehosophat and angleworms and
YOU FUCKING LOST.
Find something else to entertain yourself before your afternoon nap.


Well, I'm not the only person who can't get over this:

Trump: Kavanaugh Was Caught Up in a Democratic ‘Hoax’

Trump's tendency to crow and gloat after he wins does not endear himself to anyone other than his core supporters.

_________________
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Kavanaugh
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:21 am 
Online
Queen of Wack
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:38 am
Posts: 9374
Location: Location.Location.Location
silverscreenselect wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:
Jumping fucking jehosophat and angleworms and
YOU FUCKING LOST.
Find something else to entertain yourself before your afternoon nap.


Well, I'm not the only person who can't get over this:

Trump: Kavanaugh Was Caught Up in a Democratic ‘Hoax’

Trump's tendency to crow and gloat after he wins does not endear himself to anyone other than his core supporters.


Agree. He needs to stfu. Even if he's right.

_________________
Oh please.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Kavanaugh
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:33 pm 
Online
Queen of Wack
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:38 am
Posts: 9374
Location: Location.Location.Location
It's done peeps. Start your own thread.

_________________
Oh please.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Kavanaugh
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:43 pm
Posts: 9922
Location: In Texas of course!
silverscreenselect wrote:
Trump's tendency to crow and gloat after he wins does not endear himself to anyone other than his core supporters.


And you know this how?

_________________
In the end, they will all pretty much taste the same.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Kavanaugh
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:21 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:58 am
Posts: 21971
Location: Oro Valley, Arizona
From a right-wing publication:

http://theconservativemom.com/2018/10/08/how-kavanaughs-nomination-can-help-us-become-better-parents/?stella_list=stella_list

_________________
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Kavanaugh
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Posts: 15461
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
The only people acting like nazis are the leftists supported by Soros. I will pray for you, too.


Michael Kalny, a local Kansas GOP official, to Anne Pritchett, president of the Johnson County Democratic Women's local chapter:

Quote:
Little Ms. Pritchett- you and your comrades stealth attack on Yoder is going to blow up in your leftist face,” Kalny wrote. “The REAL REPUBLICANS will remember what the scum DEMONRATS tried to do to Kavanaugh in November. Your radical socialist kick boxing lesbian Indian will be sent back packing to the reservation!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Yoder refers to Kevin Yoder, a Republican Congressman who is in a tight race with Sharice Davids, who happens to be a Native American, lesbian, martial arts expert. Kalny has since resigned.

And, by the way, Flock, references to George Soros, who is Jewish, are very common among white nationalists here and abroad. It fits quite well into their theme of an international Zionist conspiracy. Seems like they have found a kindred spirit in you, Flock. Here's a sampling of their attacks against Soros:

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/georg ... i-germany/
https://www.theguardian.com/business/20 ... wing-press

_________________
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Kavanaugh
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Posts: 4298
Location: Olympia, Washington
silverscreenselect wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
The only people acting like nazis are the leftists supported by Soros. I will pray for you, too.


Michael Kalny, a local Kansas GOP official, to Anne Pritchett, president of the Johnson County Democratic Women's local chapter:

Quote:
Little Ms. Pritchett- you and your comrades stealth attack on Yoder is going to blow up in your leftist face,” Kalny wrote. “The REAL REPUBLICANS will remember what the scum DEMONRATS tried to do to Kavanaugh in November. Your radical socialist kick boxing lesbian Indian will be sent back packing to the reservation!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Yoder refers to Kevin Yoder, a Republican Congressman who is in a tight race with Sharice Davids, who happens to be a Native American, lesbian, martial arts expert. Kalny has since resigned.

And, by the way, Flock, references to George Soros, who is Jewish, are very common among white nationalists here and abroad. It fits quite well into their theme of an international Zionist conspiracy. Seems like they have found a kindred spirit in you, Flock. Here's a sampling of their attacks against Soros:

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/georg ... i-germany/
https://www.theguardian.com/business/20 ... wing-press


Oh, so now I am an anti-semite, too? You never stop, do you? You are really a disgusting human being.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Kavanaugh
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Posts: 15461
flockofseagulls104 wrote:

Oh, so now I am an anti-semite, too? You never stop, do you? You are really a disgusting human being.


Or perhaps you just parrot what they say without trying to see how accurate it is. You never stop, do you? Yor are really a very useful tool for the white nationalists.

_________________
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Kavanaugh
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:37 am 
Offline
Evil Genius
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:16 am
Posts: 9193
Location: Garden Grove, CA
silverscreenselect wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
The only people acting like nazis are the leftists supported by Soros.
And, by the way, Flock, references to George Soros, who is Jewish, are very common among white nationalists here and abroad. It fits quite well into their theme of an international Zionist conspiracy.
Are you denying that the high-profile verbal assault of Flake in the elevator was carried out by the co-executive director of the "Center for Popular Democracy," which has been supported by millions from Soros over the years?

_________________
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Kavanaugh
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:41 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Posts: 15461
Estonut wrote:
silverscreenselect wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
The only people acting like nazis are the leftists supported by Soros.
And, by the way, Flock, references to George Soros, who is Jewish, are very common among white nationalists here and abroad. It fits quite well into their theme of an international Zionist conspiracy.
Are you denying that the high-profile verbal assault of Flake in the elevator was carried out by the co-executive director of the "Center for Popular Democracy," which has been supported by millions from Soros over the years?


The Center for Popular Democracy receives a lot of donations from liberal and progressive donors, including Soros' foundation. As this article indicates, his funding is a small part of the funding and you could probably say that lots of liberal groups that oppose Trump receive some amount of funding from Soros, as they do from many other liberal donors. The Ford Foundation also contributes to the Center for Popular Democracy but I don't see their name mentioned in the right wing smear campaigns. These campaigns single out Soros to make it appear as if he is masterminding and bankrolling some vast left wing conspiracy against Trump or Republicans.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... 0669becce9

_________________
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Kavanaugh
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Posts: 4298
Location: Olympia, Washington
I have noticed all of a sudden when you google George Soros, there are a lot of results of new articles defending Soros, and claiming he is a big boogieman of the right. As I recall, having done some googling of him in the past, there weren't very many, if any, of that kind of result. It could be that trump and Kavanaugh mentioned his name, but it seems suspicious. Could it be a campaign to spiff up his image?

But what do I know? I am a jew-hating, white supremecist, racist who mocks people from India. What a disgusting human being I am.

I haven't been accused that I am a child molester yet. aSSShole is saving that one.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Kavanaugh
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:52 pm
Posts: 4203
Location: Merion, Pa.
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
I have noticed all of a sudden when you google George Soros, there are a lot of results of new articles defending Soros, and claiming he is a big boogieman of the right. As I recall, having done some googling of him in the past, there weren't very many, if any, of that kind of result. It could be that trump and Kavanaugh mentioned his name, but it seems suspicious. Could it be a campaign to spiff up his image?
The snopes.com fact-check is dated November 2016 (updated February 2018). I've heard many attacks and defenses of Soros over the years. He just happens to be in the news right now. (So is his right-wing mirror image, Sheldon Adelson.)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Kavanaugh
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Posts: 4298
Location: Olympia, Washington
jarnon wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
I have noticed all of a sudden when you google George Soros, there are a lot of results of new articles defending Soros, and claiming he is a big boogieman of the right. As I recall, having done some googling of him in the past, there weren't very many, if any, of that kind of result. It could be that trump and Kavanaugh mentioned his name, but it seems suspicious. Could it be a campaign to spiff up his image?
The snopes.com fact-check is dated November 2016 (updated February 2018). I've heard many attacks and defenses of Soros over the years. He just happens to be in the news right now. (So is his right-wing mirror image, Sheldon Adelson.)


Wait a minute... I thought the evil people were the Koch Brothers!!??!! So now the new devil is Sheldon Adelson? Who the hell is he (or she)?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 584 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Beebs52 and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Americanized by Maël Soucaze.