Dueling NYT citations

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Beebs52
Queen of Wack

Dueling NYT citations

#1 Post by Beebs52 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:15 pm

Ya gotta coordinate.
Well, then

jarnon

Re: Dueling NYT citations

#2 Post by jarnon » Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:50 pm

Well, it's a matter of style. I hate starting threads (to the point of finding years-old threads to add on to sometimes), so I used Flock's convenient Donny, Drumpf, Trump thread; while Bob prefers new threads. I also quoted the column in full, so we won't be blocked by the Times paywall in a few days.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#3 Post by Beebs52 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:12 pm

Oh c'mon. Let's start listing impeachable offenses and get on with it. You know ya want to.
Well, then

jarnon

#4 Post by jarnon » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:48 pm

Beebs52 wrote:Oh c'mon. Let's start listing impeachable offenses and get on with it. You know ya want to.
Let's not anticipate. I may not be an expert card player like Bob, but I understand the value of letting events play out at their own pace.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#5 Post by Beebs52 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:54 pm

jarnon wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:Oh c'mon. Let's start listing impeachable offenses and get on with it. You know ya want to.
Let's not anticipate. I may not be an expert card player like Bob, but I understand the value of letting events play out at their own pace.
Expert? I'd bet on you first. Be serious.
Well, then

jarnon

#6 Post by jarnon » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:56 pm

Saturday Night Massacre
Articles of impeachment 280 days later

"I did not have sexual relations with that woman"
Articles of impeachment 327 days later

I don't know what event will get the ball rolling this time.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#7 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:03 pm

jarnon wrote:
I'm not in favor of impeachment at this time. I'm in favor of investigating all of the questionable stuff that Republicans have been turning a blind eye to for the last 19 months. I'll settle for roughly half the vigor with which the Republicans investigated Secretary Clinton. And Democrats have a lot more to work with. Once all the facts get out, I'll be more than happy to let the chips fall where they may. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#8 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:19 pm

Bob78164 wrote: I'm not in favor of impeachment at this time. I'm in favor of investigating all of the questionable stuff that Republicans have been turning a blind eye to for the last 19 months.
Assuming that the Democrats take control of the House this time, I think they need a good bit more to impeach Trump than they have now. The problem is that too many of Trump's supporters either don't feel what he has done is all that bad or explain it away as Fake News.

I think they'll be getting it pretty soon though. I don't think that Mueller is just going to issue some lengthy report that Trump will try to either bury or explain away; if Trump has committed impeachable offenses, a lot of other people have committed jailable offenses. Mueller is going to lay the hammer down hard with a bunch of indictments. Remember in Watergate that impeachment proceedings didn't even start until all the key players had been indicted.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com