Papadopoulos sentenced to just 14 days in jail

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob Juch

Papadopoulos sentenced to just 14 days in jail

#1 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:10 pm

For lying to FBI in Mueller probe. "The president of the United States hindered this investigation more than George Papadopoulos ever could," a lawyer for Papadopoulos said.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

jarnon

Re: Papadopoulos sentenced to just 14 days in jail

#2 Post by jarnon » Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:20 pm

I hope the ordeal isn't too traumatic.
Bob Juch wrote:"The president of the United States hindered this investigation more than George Papadopoulos ever could," a lawyer for Papadopoulos said.
There goes his chance for a pardon.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

jarnon

#3 Post by jarnon » Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:32 pm

Papadopoulos is now in a federal prison in Wisconsin. Here are more (unconfirmed) details about his skullduggery:

Papadopoulos’s Russia Ties Continue to Intrigue
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

BackInTex

#4 Post by BackInTex » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:45 am

jarnon wrote:Papadopoulos is now in a federal prison in Wisconsin. Here are more (unconfirmed) details about his skullduggery:

Papadopoulos’s Russia Ties Continue to Intrigue

Wow. "unconfirmed"

While the DNC's skullduggery with Russians IS confirmed.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#5 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:50 am

BackInTex wrote: While the DNC's skullduggery with Russians IS confirmed.
Uhh, wrong again. You are getting perilously close to Flock territory.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

silverscreenselect

#6 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:07 am

And today Michael Cohen is in court pleading guilty to lying to Congress about the Russia investigation. Unlike Manfort and Corsi, Cohen is still working with Mueller.

If Stone, Corsi, and Trump Jr. play their cards right, they might be having a wonderful free Christmas dinner with a few hundred of their friends at an exclusive men's club courtesy of Uncle Sam.

flockofseagulls104

#7 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:53 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
https://thehill.com/hilltv/rising/40981 ... ier-before

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... 2910b58421

https://www.investors.com/politics/edit ... y-clinton/

SSS: Please reply quickly with some excuse to discount the facts or evidence I just presented you without even considering it and a snarky statement that includes my name.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

silverscreenselect

#8 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:21 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
https://thehill.com/hilltv/rising/40981 ... ier-before

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... 2910b58421

https://www.investors.com/politics/edit ... y-clinton/

SSS: Please reply quickly with some excuse to discount the facts or evidence I just presented you without even considering it and a snarky statement that includes my name.
What's missing in your "sources," (two of which are specifically labeled as opinion or editorial), is any evidence of collusion between Hillary's campaign and anyone associated with Russia. Christopher Steele is not and has never been an agent or representative of Russian interests and no matter how many times right wingers attempt to label him as such without evidence doesn't make it a fact. He is a former MI6 agent who has a lot of information sources in Russia and his company was hired by the DNC (and by Republican opponents of Trump before that), but to call him an agent of the Russian government or any Russian interests is like saying that an FBI agent investigating the mob is somehow a mobster himself.

What's also ignored is the fact that's come up many times in every report other than the right wing sources you love is that the so-called Steele dossier is only one part of the documentation that was provided to FISA courts on multiple occasions to continue the investigation of Trump.

What you and all the other right wingers are arguing is that Hillary on the one hand colluded with some shadowy Russian interests to get dirt on Trump while on the other hand, another part of this Deep State conspiracy, James Comey then sat on that same evidence until after the election was over. Do you realize how silly that sounds?

silverscreenselect

#9 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:00 pm

Trump just cancelled his scheduled meeting with Putin. That could be bad for him if he tries to bull his way through all this without any instructions from his boss.

flockofseagulls104

#10 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:05 pm

Now presenting the aSSShole formula......

Quick reply with some excuses to discount the facts or evidence I just presented you without even considering it:
What's missing in your "sources," (two of which are specifically labeled as opinion or editorial), is any evidence of collusion between Hillary's campaign and anyone associated with Russia. Christopher Steele is not and has never been an agent or representative of Russian interests and no matter how many times right wingers attempt to label him as such without evidence doesn't make it a fact. He is a former MI6 agent who has a lot of information sources in Russia and his company was hired by the DNC (and by Republican opponents of Trump before that), but to call him an agent of the Russian government or any Russian interests is like saying that an FBI agent investigating the mob is somehow a mobster himself.
Snarky comment(s) directed at me:
What's also ignored is the fact that's come up many times in every report other than the right wing sources you love is that the so-called Steele dossier is only one part of the documentation that was provided to FISA courts on multiple occasions to continue the investigation of Trump.

What you and all the other right wingers are arguing is that Hillary on the one hand colluded with some shadowy Russian interests to get dirt on Trump while on the other hand, another part of this Deep State conspiracy, James Comey then sat on that same evidence until after the election was over. Do you realize how silly that sounds?
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

silverscreenselect

#11 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:06 pm

Now presenting the SSS formula for refuting Flock:

Show the fallacy in his argument (in this case, labeling right wing opinions as fact and assuming without any evidence that Christopher Steele is a Russian agent)

Call him out for his fallacious arguments and show him how ridiculous he is.

Brace myself for him to call me an aSSShole for the umpteenth time.

flockofseagulls104

#12 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:33 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:Now presenting the SSS formula for refuting Flock:

Show the fallacy in his argument (in this case, labeling right wing opinions as fact and assuming without any evidence that Christopher Steele is a Russian agent)

Call him out for his fallacious arguments and show him how ridiculous he is.

Brace myself for him to call me an aSSShole for the umpteenth time.
1. If you assume that every left-wing assertation is a fact, it is easy to discount and ignore anything that you disagree with. No one but you, aSSShole, apparently has the whole story.
2. It is important for you to disparage me.
Rules for radicals # 5: "Ridicule is man's most potent weapon."
#13: "Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it."
3. I will stop calling you aSSShole when you apologize to me for either calling me or implying I am a racist, whichever you think it is. I am offended by that. Offending me is just as deplorable as what you THINK I did to Dr. Tiperniri.

silverscreenselect

#13 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:35 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote: 1. If you assume that every left-wing assertation is a fact, it is easy to discount and ignore anything that you disagree with. No one but you, aSSShole, apparently has the whole story.
Perhaps you've missed what's been coming out in court all week and what Manafort and Corsi have admitted to. Those aren't left-wing assertation (as you call it) of facts; those are court filings and admissions against criminal interest.

If you'd been on the Titanic 100 years ago, you'd be yelling that the iceberg was fake news. But cheer up, in just a few days, you're going to see Trumptanic.

And if you keep acting ridiculous, you're going to get ridiculed. Example A: Donald Trump.

BackInTex

#14 Post by BackInTex » Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:46 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote: 1. If you assume that every left-wing assertation is a fact, it is easy to discount and ignore anything that you disagree with. No one but you, aSSShole, apparently has the whole story.
Perhaps you've missed what's been coming out in court all week and what Manafort and Corsi have admitted to. Those aren't left-wing assertation (as you call it) of facts; those are court filings and admissions against criminal interest.

If you'd been on the Titanic 100 years ago, you'd be yelling that the iceberg was fake news. But cheer up, in just a few days, you're going to see Trumptanic.

And if you keep acting ridiculous, you're going to get ridiculed. Example A: Donald Trump.
What has come out this week that had Trump tied to Russia? It's o.k. to provide a quote with a link.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Estonut
Evil Genius

#15 Post by Estonut » Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:47 pm

BackInTex wrote:

What has come out this week that had Trump tied to Russia? It's o.k. to provide a quote with a link.
But a friend of a friend...
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

flockofseagulls104

#16 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:58 pm

I believe they've pleaded guilty to lying. I believe that's all anyone, including you, know for sure.whether this has anything to do with trump, I don't know, and neither do you. I am waiting to see what the evidence is before I make any judgement. It's you that is acting ridiculous.

On the other point: If I had mocked Dr Tiperini, which I didn't, it would be HER decision whether she was offended, not yours. And I would bet she would recognize my joke had nothing to do with her. You, sir, have no standing or business implying anything about what I wrote, other than being a smart ass moral arbiter. If she was offended by what I wrote, I would have explained to her what I tried to explain to you and would have apologized if I inadvertantly made her uncomfortable in some way.
I am offended by what you wrote and more offended by your weaselly righteousness in defending it. Apologize and admit you made a mistake, at long last.

Bob Juch

#17 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:37 pm

BackInTex wrote:

Report: Trump Organization planned to give $50 million penthouse to Putin amid Moscow deal

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 156031002/
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

BackInTex

#18 Post by BackInTex » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:32 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
BackInTex wrote: What has come out this week that had Trump tied to Russia? It's o.k. to provide a quote with a link.
Report: Trump Organization planned to give $50 million penthouse to Putin amid Moscow deal

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 156031002/
It's unclear whether Trump was aware of the plan, which never came to fruition due to the Trump Tower deal in Russia falling through.
And besides, discussing a "plan" is nothing.

There is still more of a connection with the DNC and Russia.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#19 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:52 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
I believe they've pleaded guilty to lying. I believe that's all anyone, including you, know for sure.whether this has anything to do with trump, I don't know, and neither do you. I am waiting to see what the evidence is before I make any judgement.
No, Flock, you're burying your head in the sand so you won't see or hear anything.

https://assets.documentcloud.org/docume ... mation.pdf

This is what Cohen pled guilty to this week. The company being referred to here, is "a Manhattan based real estate company" for which Cohen was Executive VP and Special Counsel to "Individual #1" who was the owner of the company. Individual 2 is described as a "U.S. citizen third party intermediary."
In the letter to [Congress], COHEN knowingly and deliberately made the following false representations:
a. The Moscow Project ended in January 2016 and was not discussed extensively with others in the Company.

b. COHEN never agreed to travel to Russia in connection with the Moscow Project and “never considered” asking
Individual 1 to travel for the project.

c. COHEN did not recall any Russian government response or contact about the Moscow Project.
Cohen through his plea is admitting these statements are lies. The pleadings go on to say:
In truth and in fact, and as COHEN well knew, COHEN’s representations about the Moscow Project he made to [Congress] were false and misleading. COHEN made the false statements to (1) minimize links between the Moscow Project and Individual 1 and (2) give the false impression that the Moscow Project ended before “the Iowa caucus and . . . the very first primary,” in hopes of limiting the ongoing Russia investigations.
The timeline of Cohen's talks with the Russians indicates that Cohen was pursuing this project with the Russians up until June 14, which was the same day that the news of the DNC hack became public.

It's no coincidence that Mueller yanked Manafort's plea deal and arranged this guilty plea after Trump gave his sworn answers to Manafort's questions. This pleading for Cohen was prepared by Mueller and revealed just what information Mueller wanted to reveal. These pleadings by themselves show that Trump and his family are in this mess up to their eyeballs.

silverscreenselect

#20 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:02 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:You, sir, have no standing or business implying anything about what I wrote, other than being a smart ass moral arbiter.
If you post something here, I and everyone else have standing to imply anything about what you wrote, just as you have standing to imply anything about what I wrote. I could be offended by your referring to me as an aSSShole all the time, but it just goes to show how petty and juvenile you are so I ignore it.

Estonut
Evil Genius

#21 Post by Estonut » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:15 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:You, sir, have no standing or business implying anything about what I wrote, other than being a smart ass moral arbiter.
If you post something here, I and everyone else have standing to imply anything about what you wrote, just as you have standing to imply anything about what I wrote. I could be offended by your referring to me as an aSSShole all the time, but it just goes to show how petty and juvenile you are so I ignore it.
I thought you were some kind of writer. Implying is only done by the writer, while inferring is only done by the reader.
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#22 Post by Bob78164 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:08 pm

Of course, the whole point of the Emoluments Clause, which Donny has been violating since his first day in office, is to avoid even the risk of being compromised in this way. So if people are drawing the wrong conclusion about Donny’s extensive business ties to a hostile foreign government (they’re not), he has only himself to blame. —Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson