Perjury Complaint Filed Against Kavanaugh to be Reviewed by…

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob Juch

Perjury Complaint Filed Against Kavanaugh to be Reviewed by…

#1 Post by Bob Juch » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:46 am

Merrick Garland!
Mediaite wrote:The Democratic Coalition, a controversial PAC, claimed on Saturday it had filed a perjury complaint against President Donald Trump’s Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh.

The group announced in a statement that its complaint was filed with the Department of Justice and will also be filed by in the D.C. District Court on Monday.

And, as with everything in Washington these days, the perjury complaint comes with a twist. According to the Democratic Coalition’s statement, their complaint will be reviewed by none other than Merrick Garland.

Garland was, of course, President Barack Obama‘s Supreme Court nominee who was denied the chance of confirmation hearings.

Kavanaugh also apparently thinks highly of him and praised him just days ago during his own confirmation hearings.

“As I’ve said before, [Garland is] a great judge – a great chief judge – and he’s very careful and very hardworking, and we work well together and try to read the statute as written, read the precedent as written,” Kavanaugh said, according to Fox News. “He’s a judge – like I try to be as well – a judge who’s not trying to impose any personal preferences onto the decision but take the law as written, and that’s what I’ve tried to do in those cases and that probably explains some of that.”

According to Vox, who spoke to four legal scholars on the Kavanaugh perjury kerfuffle, the perjury complaint is unlikely to go far.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

jarnon

Re: Perjury Complaint Filed Against Kavanaugh to be Reviewed

#2 Post by jarnon » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:17 am

Good thing for Kavanaugh that Garland is the kind of judge that Kavanaugh says he is. He’ll either rule according to the law, not politics, or recuse himself. Like the “Mexican judge” who decided a case in the administration’s favor earlier this year.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי