WWTBAM Bored

A home for the weary.
It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:12 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:04 pm 

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/tentati ... d=57809113
Quote:
Former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort has tentatively agreed to a plea deal with special counsel Robert Mueller that will head off his upcoming trial, sources familiar with the negotiations told ABC News.

The deal is expected to be announced in court Friday, but it remains unclear whether Manafort has agreed to cooperate with prosecutors or is simply conceding to a guilty plea, which would allow him to avoid the stress and expense of a trial, according to three sources with knowledge of the discussions.

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:48 pm 

Bob Juch wrote:
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/tentative-deal-reached-manafort-special-counsel-sources/story?id=57809113
Quote:
Former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort has tentatively agreed to a plea deal with special counsel Robert Mueller that will head off his upcoming trial, sources familiar with the negotiations told ABC News.

The deal is expected to be announced in court Friday, but it remains unclear whether Manafort has agreed to cooperate with prosecutors or is simply conceding to a guilty plea, which would allow him to avoid the stress and expense of a trial, according to three sources with knowledge of the discussions.

"SOURCES", "TENTATIVELY","EXPECTED","REMAINS UNCLEAR"

So what?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:49 pm 

Former Trump Campaign Manager Paul Manafort has given a list of several names of individuals that Donald Trump personally murdered and ate to special counsel Robert Mueller, sources familiar with the subject of cannibalism have told ABC news.

It remains unclear whether these individuals were undocumented immigrants, but at least one of the names on the list was 'Hispanic sounding', according to 3 or 4 sources familiar with Hispanic sounding names.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:17 pm 

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Former Trump Campaign Manager Paul Manafort has given a list of several names of individuals that Donald Trump personally murdered and ate to special counsel Robert Mueller, sources familiar with the subject of cannibalism have told ABC news.

It remains unclear whether these individuals were undocumented immigrants, but at least one of the names on the list was 'Hispanic sounding', according to 3 or 4 sources familiar with Hispanic sounding names.
:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:52 pm 

So what?

I guess Flock now has some new shtick: capitalize big words you don't understand.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:24 pm 

silverscreenselect wrote:

So what?

I guess Flock now has some new shtick: capitalize big words you don't understand.

Ned? Needlenose Ned? Ned Ryerson? I knew it was you.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:31 am 

He just pleaded guilty. The question is how much he'll cooperate with the Russia investigation.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:59 am 

Bob Juch wrote:
He just pleaded guilty. The question is how much he'll cooperate with the Russia investigation.

Nope. That's not the question.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:23 am 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/09/14/paul-manafort-plea-deal-muellers-team/1288931002/

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:06 pm 

Manafort's deal stipulates that he must cooperate fully with the Government in "any and all matters as to what the Government deems the cooperation relevant," [sic] and agrees to testify at any proceeding in any Federal district, including grand juries.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:07 pm 
Bored Moderator

Here's the plea agreement. --Bob

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:02 pm 
Bored Moderator

And here's an interesting point: The value of the property forfeited to the government by Manafort is just about enough to pay all of the costs of the Special Counsel's office to date. So let's hear no more talk about how the investigation is a waste of money. It has now demonstrated the ability to pay for itself. --Bob

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:10 pm 

Bob78164 wrote:
Here's the plea agreement. --Bob
Here is the Statement of Offenses mentioned in the plea agreement, which describes all the crimes Manafort now admits to.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:06 pm 

Bob78164 wrote:
And here's an interesting point: The value of the property forfeited to the government by Manafort is just about enough to pay all of the costs of the Special Counsel's office to date. So let's hear no more talk about how the investigation is a waste of money. It has now demonstrated the ability to pay for itself. --Bob

Is that how it is supposed to work? Is that how you want it to work? The government seeks its funding from seizure of property?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:36 pm 

BackInTex wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:

Is that how it is supposed to work? Is that how you want it to work? The government seeks its funding from seizure of property?

All you have to do is identify the right person, apply enough ethical lawyers to find a crime, and there you go!

Last edited by flockofseagulls104 on Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:08 pm 
Bored Moderator

BackInTex wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:

In Manafort's deal, he agrees that all of this property is subject to criminal forfeiture. When you acquire property by committing a crime, Congress has decided that one of the penalties is that you forfeit the ill-gotten gains to the government. I'm okay with that, because otherwise if the dollars involved are big enough (we're talking about more than $20 million here), some people will decide that the risk of some jail time is worth it because after they get out they get to stay rich.

But people have been arguing for a while now that while the ten Benghazi investigations that turned up nothing were a worthwhile expenditure of government funds, the Mueller investigation is a waste of money. This puts paid to that notion. --Bob

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:29 pm 

All you have to do is identify the right person, apply enough ethical lawyers to find a crime, and there you go!

If by "right person" you mean someone who has committed multiple felonies, then you are correct. Apply good competent prosecutors to the cast and you will get convictions.

Unless you think all the felonies that Manafort pled to and the crimes he was convicted of in his last trial are merely fake news.

But since facts don't matter to you, I expect another of your exceedingly unfunny attempts at humor in reply since you have no real arguments to make.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:11 pm 

Donald Trump 8-22-18 wrote:
I feel very badly for Paul Manafort and his wonderful family. “Justice” took a 12 year old tax case, among other things, applied tremendous pressure on him and, unlike Michael Cohen, he refused to “break” - make up stories in order to get a “deal.” Such respect for a brave man!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:22 pm 
Bored Moderator

I feel very badly for Paul Manafort and his wonderful family. “Justice” took a 12 year old tax case, among other things, applied tremendous pressure on him and, unlike Michael Cohen, he refused to “break” - make up stories in order to get a “deal.” Such respect for a brave man!
The original version of that statement concluded: "Paul Manafort will tell the truth." They quickly reissued a revised statement omitting that final line. --Bob

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:41 pm 

Bob78164 wrote:
The original version of that statement concluded: "Paul Manafort will tell the truth." They quickly reissued a revised statement omitting that final line. --Bob

My tweet was Trump's from last month when Manafort was convicted originally.

The tweet today came from Rudy Giuliani, who quickly omitted the words "Paul Manafort will tell the truth."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:04 pm 

If by "right person" you mean someone who has committed multiple felonies, then you are correct. Apply good competent prosecutors to the cast and you will get convictions.

Unless you think all the felonies that Manafort pled to and the crimes he was convicted of in his last trial are merely fake news.

But since facts don't matter to you, I expect another of your exceedingly unfunny attempts at humor in reply since you have no real arguments to make.

I got you babe.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:51 pm 

I got you babe.

You just proved me right once again.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:51 am 

I got you babe.

You just proved me right once again.

Still don't have a clue, do you? Tell me if you do.