gsabc:

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
ghostjmf

gsabc:

#1 Post by ghostjmf » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:24 pm

Are you & yours OK?

gsabc

Re: gsabc:

#2 Post by gsabc » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:33 am

Yes, we are fine and thank you for thinking of me. I'm actually in Tewksbury, a bit south and west of the fires. We also don't use the gas company involved. We do use gas for heating, which makes me a little nervous even so.

I do know the afflicted area; some old friends lived there but had moved away years ago. And a seminar that I was supposed to attend today at a hotel at the other end of Andover was cancelled. Even though it's far from the fires, they closed the hotel for the day. It's possible that it's being used as a shelter/home for people who were evacuated as a precaution.
I just ordered chicken and an egg from Amazon. I'll let you know.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#3 Post by Beebs52 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:24 pm

Yay
Well, then

ghostjmf

#4 Post by ghostjmf » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:35 pm

So good to have heard from you!!!!

My friend who had the heart surgery, & was/is supposed to be shipped off to rehab in Lowell or Andover today (I need to find if the hospital mavens have rethought that! at least the Andover choice) lives in Tewksbury. Just off one of the exits off 93 they closed. But hopefully not in friend's house's direction.

I knew friend, in hospital in Boston, was therefore safe from fires, but I worried for their cats.
Last edited by ghostjmf on Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bob Juch

#5 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:47 pm

ghostjmf wrote:So good to have heard from you!!!!

My friend who had the heart surgery, & was/is supposed to be shipped off to rehab in Lowell or Andover today (I need to find if they've rethought that! at least the Andover choice) lives in Tewksbury. Just off one of the exits off 93 they closed. But hopefully not in friend's house's direction.

I knew friend, in hospital in Boston, was therefore safe from fires, but I worried for their cats.
Google Maps shows where the gas explosions were:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Tewks ... 71.2342248
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

tlynn78

#6 Post by tlynn78 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:51 pm

Gsabc, glad to hear you and yours are safe.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

ghostjmf

#7 Post by ghostjmf » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:11 pm

BJ: I looked up the fire maps last night, but fire doesn't respect boundaries.