WWTBAM Bored

A home for the weary.
It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:45 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:20 pm 
Offline
Keeper of the Transcripts
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:00 am
Posts: 4318
Curt Bell
Cantonment, FL
high school math teacher


$500: In the produce section, a "pluot" is a cultivated hybrid of which of the following and an apricot?
A - plum
B - placekicker
C - plucked chicken
D - plaid sport coat
[Reveal] Spoiler:
Answer: A (plum)


$1000: According to Wired.com, what common involuntary reaction to stubbing your toe (that can't be shown on TV) actually helps alleviate the pain you feel afterward?
A - yawning
B - smiling
C - swearing
D - sneezing
[Reveal] Spoiler:
Answer: C (swearing)


$2000: Paying homage to the major midwestern city where he grew up and started following his dreams, Kanye West's third-born child with Kim Kardashian is named what?
A - Chicago
B - Miami
C - Seattle
D - Tucumcari
[Reveal] Spoiler:
Answer: A (Chicago)


$3000: Famous for his homespun wit, college coach Abe Lemons once said of what sport, "All you have to do is just tell them to stay to the left and hurry back"?
A - weightlifting
B - gymnastics
C - wrestling
D - track
[Reveal] Spoiler:
Answer: D (track)


$5000: Making sense when you think about it, which type of building's name is derived from the group of Greek goddesses who preside over the arts?
A - amphitheater
B - library
C - cinema
D - museum

Curt is torn between two answers so he uses his 50:50.
[Reveal] Spoiler:
"50:50 results": C & D

That gives Curt the answer.
[Reveal] Spoiler:
Answer: D (museum)


$7000: What type of piercing is known as either a Monroe or a Madonna, depending on whether it's on the left or right side?
A - ear
B - nostril
C - eyelid
D - upper lip

Curt can't deicde so he asks the audience.
[Reveal] Spoiler:
Ask the Audience results:
A - 18%
B - 27%
C - 2%
D - 53%

Curt is going to trust the audience.
[Reveal] Spoiler:
Answer: D (upper lip)

commercial break

Curt teaches in a school just across the state line in Alabama, the one from which he graduated. He dances for a student when he or she has a birthday, and he dances for Chris, whose birthday was just last week (at time of taping).

$10,000: What country's second-largest city is named for Mount Royal, which sits right smack in the middle of that city?
A - Mexico
B - France
C - Canada
D - Switzerland

Looking at the choices, Mexico doesn't seem to be an option, nor is Canada - its two biggest cities are on the east coast. Switzerland is in the Alps. He says he's at the point where he's willing to take a calculated risk and makes D his final answer.
[Reveal] Spoiler:
Answer: C (Canada)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:47 am 
Offline
Evil Genius
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:16 am
Posts: 9192
Location: Garden Grove, CA
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:
$500: In the produce section, a "pluot" is a cultivated hybrid of which of the following and an apricot?
A - plum
B - placekicker
C - plucked chicken
D - plaid sport coat
[Reveal] Spoiler:
Answer: A (plum)
Trader Joe's calls these plumcots.

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:
$10,000: What country's second-largest city is named for Mount Royal, which sits right smack in the middle of that city?
A - Mexico
B - France
C - Canada
D - Switzerland

Looking at the choices, Mexico doesn't seem to be an option, nor is Canada - its two biggest cities are on the east coast. Switzerland is in the Alps. He says he's at the point where he's willing to take a calculated risk and makes D his final answer.
[Reveal] Spoiler:
Answer: C (Canada)
Did he rush through this question? He confused middle of the city for middle of the country and doesn't appear to have looked at the name at all. Repeating Mount Royal 3 times in succession practically gives you Montreal.

_________________
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:04 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:25 am
Posts: 12605
Location: mired in the bureaucracy
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:
Curt Bell
Cantonment, FL
high school math teacher


BBTranscriptTeam wrote:
$7000: What type of piercing is known as either a Monroe or a Madonna, depending on whether it's on the left or right side?
A - ear
B - nostril
C - eyelid
D - upper lip

Curt can't deicde so he asks the audience.
[Reveal] Spoiler:
Ask the Audience results:
A - 18%
B - 27%
C - 2%
D - 53%

Curt is going to trust the audience.
[Reveal] Spoiler:
Answer: D (upper lip)

I'd have to ask the audience also.

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:
$10,000: What country's second-largest city is named for Mount Royal, which sits right smack in the middle of that city?
A - Mexico
B - France
C - Canada
D - Switzerland

Looking at the choices, Mexico doesn't seem to be an option, nor is Canada - its two biggest cities are on the east coast. Switzerland is in the Alps. He says he's at the point where he's willing to take a calculated risk and makes D his final answer.
[Reveal] Spoiler:
Answer: C (Canada)

Montreal sounds so much like "Mount Royal" I'm surprised Curt didn't get it.

_________________
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bob78164, mrkelley23, silvercamaro, SportsFan68 and 11 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Americanized by Maƫl Soucaze.