The Tiara Twins

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
themanintheseersuckersuit

The Tiara Twins

#1 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:03 am

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6AhVQNr25rQ
I didn’t know this was a thing
You all now have only two degrees of separation from the Tiara Twins
Suitguy is not bitter.

feels he represents the many educated and rational onlookers who believe that the hysterical denouncement of lay scepticism is both unwarranted and counter-productive

The problem, then, is that such calls do not address an opposition audience so much as they signal virtue. They talk past those who need convincing. They ignore actual facts and counterargument. And they are irreparably smug.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

Re: The Tiara Twins

#2 Post by Beebs52 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:38 am

Brings back memories of watching Toddlers and Tiaras. Flashbacks ac5ually...
Well, then

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#3 Post by silvercamaro » Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:01 am

themanintheseersuckersuit wrote:https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6AhVQNr25rQ
You hadn't heard of beauty pageant for kids? It was a bigger deal about 10-15 years ago, when there was a television show called "Toddlers and Tiaras," which focused on usually obnoxious children from dysfunctional families and their frequently awful mothers.

By now, the twins in your video clip may well be in or beyond college, where their daddy bought them matching Corvettes and their own sorority house.
Now generating the White Hot Glare of Righteousness on behalf of BBs everywhere.

themanintheseersuckersuit

#4 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:18 am

Perhaps I should have said « still a thing » and I meant the Tiara Twins specifically as they are local .
Suitguy is not bitter.

feels he represents the many educated and rational onlookers who believe that the hysterical denouncement of lay scepticism is both unwarranted and counter-productive

The problem, then, is that such calls do not address an opposition audience so much as they signal virtue. They talk past those who need convincing. They ignore actual facts and counterargument. And they are irreparably smug.

Estonut
Evil Genius

#5 Post by Estonut » Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:08 pm

silvercamaro wrote:
You hadn't heard of beauty pageant for kids? It was a bigger deal about 10-15 years ago, when there was a television show called "Toddlers and Tiaras," which focused on usually obnoxious children from dysfunctional families and their frequently awful mothers.

By now, the twins in your video clip may well be in or beyond college, where their daddy bought them matching Corvettes and their own sorority house.
Honey Boo Boo!!!11

Where's Fannie when you need her?
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

Vandal
Director of Promos

#6 Post by Vandal » Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:28 pm

Estonut wrote:
silvercamaro wrote:

Honey Boo Boo!!!11

Where's Fannie when you need her?
Honey Boo Boo is going to be on Dancing With the Stars Junior starting Sunday.

_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#7 Post by SportsFan68 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:56 pm

silvercamaro wrote:

Mostly because of Fanny, I looked in on Toddlers and Tiaras fairly often back in the day. SC's right, the focus was on the obnoxious children making the biggest fusses. Quite often, the winners were talented and poised and got maybe two seconds of screen time.

I watched a few episodes of Mama June -- Not to Hot, and hope things work out well for her, but I won't hold my breath.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller