Rosenstein resigning per Axios

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
ghostjmf

Rosenstein resigning per Axios

#1 Post by ghostjmf » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:51 am

AP agrees w/ Axios

Oh crap

ghostjmf

Re: Rosenstein resigning per Axios

#2 Post by ghostjmf » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:58 am

Bloomberg news confirms

silverscreenselect

#3 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:20 am

ghostjmf wrote:Bloomberg news confirms
Word is now that he's been summoned to the White House to be fired and won't resign.

It's more than a matter of semantics. If Rosenstein resigns, Trump can replace him under the Federal Vacancies Act without going through the Senate approval process which will undoubtedly be extremely contentious. If he is fired, it's not nearly as clear (translation: immediate lawsuit). It's also unclear how Mueller will react to the firing. He could well have a bunch of indictments sitting in his pocket ready to unseal.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#4 Post by Beebs52 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:46 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
Word is now that he's been summoned to the White House to be fired and won't resign.

It's more than a matter of semantics. If Rosenstein resigns, Trump can replace him under the Federal Vacancies Act without going through the Senate approval process which will undoubtedly be extremely contentious. If he is fired, it's not nearly as clear (translation: immediate lawsuit). It's also unclear how Mueller will react to the firing. He could well have a bunch of indictments sitting in his pocket ready to unseal.
He could also have fuzzy candies half-unwrapped in there.
Well, then

flockofseagulls104

#5 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:48 am

Or maybe it's just a cigar.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Bob Juch

#6 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:20 pm

You all got played by the White House.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#7 Post by Beebs52 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:46 pm

Bob Juch wrote:You all got played by the White House.
No. YOU all got played.
Well, then

Bob Juch

#8 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:36 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
No. YOU all got played.
I did not.

I find it suspicious that Rosenstein is going to the White House the same day as Dr. Blasey Ford is appearing before the Senate Judicial Committee. Could it be that they're trying to distract the public?
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#9 Post by Beebs52 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:51 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:
No. YOU all got played.
I did not.

I find it suspicious that Rosenstein is going to the White House the same day as Dr. Blasey Ford is appearing before the Senate Judicial Committee. Could it be that they're trying to distract the public?
Now that's funny I don't care who yar. Must see tv will trump Rod.
Well, then

flockofseagulls104

#10 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:43 pm

I am experiencing DEJA VU!

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=55615&hilit=Rosenstein

Why does anyone believe any news pertaining to politics from ANY source nowadays?
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

jarnon

#11 Post by jarnon » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:25 pm

At the UN, Trump said he talked to Rosenstein by phone today, they'll meet Thursday, and he wants transparency. Trump's used that word in the context of releasing documents about Comey, Strzok, Ohr, etc. Rosenstein should remind him why there's a process for deciding what documents can be made public, and how the Inspector General (whom Trump praised for his report on the Clinton case) is digging into those issues. While he's at it, Rosenstein should assure Trump that he's not one of the turncoats mentioned in Woodward's book or the Times op-ed, and he's very loyal.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

Bob Juch

#12 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:22 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:I am experiencing DEJA VU!

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=55615&hilit=Rosenstein

Why does anyone believe any news pertaining to politics from ANY source nowadays?
Especially if it comes from the White House.

flockofseagulls104

#13 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:42 pm

jarnon wrote:At the UN, Trump said he talked to Rosenstein by phone today, they'll meet Thursday, and he wants transparency. Trump's used that word in the context of releasing documents about Comey, Strzok, Ohr, etc. Rosenstein should remind him why there's a process for deciding what documents can be made public, and how the Inspector General (whom Trump praised for his report on the Clinton case) is digging into those issues. While he's at it, Rosenstein should assure Trump that he's not one of the turncoats mentioned in Woodward's book or the Times op-ed, and he's very loyal.
They want it SOooooooo much. They want a watergate so much they can taste it, and are doing their best to manufacture it.

earendel

#14 Post by earendel » Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:58 am

I think the assistant AG should be named Schrodinger - he's fired or he's not fired, he's resigned or he hasn't resigned. Only when we open the box will we know. :mrgreen:
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

silverscreenselect

#15 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:21 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote: They want it SOooooooo much. They want a watergate so much they can taste it, and are doing their best to manufacture it.
There's no need to manufacture something that's going to become very apparent soon enough.

jarnon

#16 Post by jarnon » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:38 pm

The meeting with Trump was delayed by the Kavanaugh mess. They flew to Florida together on Monday, and Trump's satisfied (for now) that Rosenstein isn't a deep state instigator.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

flockofseagulls104

#17 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:44 pm

Damn, the MSM got it wrong again. What, has it been the five times they have reported that it was imminent that Rosenstein was going to be fired, from 'unnamed sources familiar with the situation'?

Methinks their 'unnamed sources familiar with the situation' are themselves. But no fake news here, folks.

silverscreenselect

#18 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:21 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:Methinks their 'unnamed sources familiar with the situation' are themselves. But no fake news here, folks.
Flock, your lack of understanding of how modern news reporting works matches your lack of understanding of many things.

flockofseagulls104

#19 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:24 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:Methinks their 'unnamed sources familiar with the situation' are themselves. But no fake news here, folks.
Flock, your lack of understanding of how modern news reporting works matches your lack of understanding of many things.
Must be. I'm an old guy. I grew up watching Walter Cronkite, who was practically a Communist, but you wouldn't know it from his reporting. He reported the facts and let the viewer decide. Reporting rumors gossiped by some person who says they know something to a reporter is really not news to me.

silverscreenselect

#20 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:19 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote: Reporting rumors gossiped by some person who says they know something to a reporter is really not news to me.
Deep Throat (Mark Felt) said he knew something and told it to Bob Woodward and that turned out fairly well. Back then, of course, the only real sources for news were the three networks, and a handful of papers like the Washington Post and the New York Times. That meant that Cronkite and Woodward had the luxury of doing a lot more verification and corroboration of their sources before they had to publish. And even then, the Post made some mistakes in their reports that were mentioned in the book All the President's Men.

Things are different now, with a huge rush to publish electronically and the ability of anyone with a cell phone to become an instant reporter by means of an uploaded tweet or YouTube video. There are more mistakes made, although the ratio of valid stories to mistaken ones is still very high for the mainstream media. (Every time you've linked to an article listing dozens of "fake news" stories, most of them turn out to be hastily put together field reports from lesser known news organizations, which obviously will have the highest rate of errors.)

Many of the leaked stories about the Trump administration come from people on the inside who are trying to get his attention, and, in some cases, the White House floats trial balloons to see what sort of reception they get before sometimes pulling back (this may be the case with Rosenstein).

Does this mean you should look at articles critically? Yes. Does this mean that you should reject them out of hand as "fake news" simply because they say something you don't like? No. And I would also note that you seem to have no trouble picking up and accepting as fact "news" that originates from right wing sources that have nowhere near the record of reliability and integrity as the mainstream news outlets do. And, to get back to a very familiar analogy, the concept of fake news was a very familiar theme in Nazi propaganda. Hitler called it "Lugenpresse" (lying press), a term heard at some Trump rallies before the 2016 election, all the while the Nazis promoted their own propaganda through their own "news" outlets.

jarnon

#21 Post by jarnon » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:28 pm

Jake Tapper wrote:Spotted at the WH Hanukkah party in the East Room this evening: Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, the professional embodiment of one day’s worth of oil that has surprisingly lasted eight days. Happy Hanukkah
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

flockofseagulls104

#22 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:41 am

ghostjmf wrote:AP agrees w/ Axios
Bloomberg news confirms
Oh crap
Has Rosenstein resigned yet? Did I miss it? Is Axios correct? What about AP and Bloomberg?

CNN main story today is that Kelly is resigning. More deja vu. How many times in the past year have they reported that he is going to, or has asked to step down? Why don't they wait until it actually happens? Why does anyone put any credence to what these idiots report?

jarnon

#23 Post by jarnon » Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:21 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:CNN main story today is that Kelly is resigning. More deja vu. How many times in the past year have they reported that he is going to, or has asked to step down? Why don't they wait until it actually happens?
Now it actually happened. Pres. Trump announced today that Gen. Kelly is leaving at the end of the year.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

bazodee

#24 Post by bazodee » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:22 pm

jarnon wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:CNN main story today is that Kelly is resigning. More deja vu. How many times in the past year have they reported that he is going to, or has asked to step down? Why don't they wait until it actually happens?
Now it actually happened. Pres. Trump announced today that Gen. Kelly is leaving at the end of the year.
Sometimes I misread when just glancing.
I first read this as "Gen. Kelly is leaving at the end of the war."

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#25 Post by Bob78164 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:17 pm

jarnon wrote:
Ayers won’t be his replacement. Reports state he was unwilling to commit to remain in the job for longer than 3 months. —Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson