I'm Outta Here!

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BackInTex

Re: I'm Outta Here!

#26 Post by BackInTex » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:59 pm

My first week, spent in Calgary, is complete. Next week I'm in Portland for a user conference.

Yesterday at our Eau Claire office, where they told me I'd be spending a great deal of time, VP Pence and WI Governor Scott Walker used our office there to hold a campaign fundraiser. I wasn't invited. :(

My IT guy said it was pretty cool working with their communications team. He was supposed to meet me in Calgary but the company president wanted in to stay behind to work with Pence's team.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

BackInTex

#27 Post by BackInTex » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:12 pm

This is the company that offered me a job last May, but was about 10% short of my required salary and benefits.

Looks like they were more short than I thought. :shock:

I guess I knew this was coming since my friend who was the CFO quit (got himself fired) back in August because he put his foot down on some serious lack of financial responsibility by another VP but the CEO took the other guy’s side.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#28 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:33 am

BackInTex wrote:This is the company that offered me a job last May, but was about 10% short of my required salary and benefits.

Looks like they were more short than I thought. :shock:

I guess I knew this was coming since my friend who was the CFO quit (got himself fired) back in August because he put his foot down on some serious lack of financial responsibility by another VP but the CEO took the other guy’s side.
A company I worked for in the 1990's for a couple of months had a suite of offices in an office park in the Atlanta suburbs. We got paid twice a month, and after the three-day Memorial Day weekend, the dozen or so employees returned to work and found that the husband and wife who owned the company had cleaned out the place over the weekend, removing everything of value, and headed for the hills, stiffing us for about half a month's pay.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com