I was threatened with death (by a girl) at a party once

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Spock

I was threatened with death (by a girl) at a party once

#1 Post by Spock » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:21 am

later 1980's -at a college party around Christmas time.

I was standing on a stairway and 6 girls came by me. The last one said "If there was mistletoe over your head-you would be dead right now."

I guess since we take everything literally now, I have to treat that as a serious death threat.

flockofseagulls104

Re: I was threatened with death (by a girl) at a party once

#2 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:36 am

Spock wrote:later 1980's -at a college party around Christmas time.

I was standing on a stairway and 6 girls came by me. The last one said "If there was mistletoe over your head-you would be dead right now."

I guess since we take everything literally now, I have to treat that as a serious death threat.
You have the right to be believed. It's in the Constitution.

I'll bet if you spend 6 days thinking about it, you will be confident the last girl was Elizabeth Warren.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

silverscreenselect

#3 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:01 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:

I'll bet if you spend 6 days thinking about it, you will be confident the last girl was Elizabeth Warren.
Flock, I have a feeling you would be not be quite so cavalier if one of your relatives alleged a sexual assault and yahoos made fun of her for having imperfect memories. Her story is quite credible according to experts on sex abuse trauma.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Estonut
Evil Genius

#4 Post by Estonut » Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:40 am

silverscreenselect wrote:

Flock, I have a feeling you would be not be quite so cavalier if one of your relatives alleged a sexual assault and yahoos made fun of her for having imperfect memories. Her story is quite credible according to experts on sex abuse trauma.
Cite?
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

silverscreenselect

#5 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:09 am

Estonut wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:You have the right to be believed. It's in the Constitution.

Cite?
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/inv ... 408498002/

Estonut
Evil Genius

#6 Post by Estonut » Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:40 am

Estonut wrote:
silverscreenselect wrote:Flock, I have a feeling you would be not be quite so cavalier if one of your relatives alleged a sexual assault and yahoos made fun of her for having imperfect memories. Her story is quite credible according to experts on sex abuse trauma.
Cite?
That's 1 expert (singular), not the consensus you claimed. The article you cited states, "Just because there are pieces missing doesn't mean those that remain aren't accurate, especially those central details of the experience that may be burned into the brain to the day they die," said Jim Hopper, a Harvard Medical School consultant and teaching associate."

And "Ford said ... she remembers the layout of the house and the presence of Kavanaugh's friend Mark Judge but not the location of the house." She can't state whose house it was, where the house was, or even what year it happened. Those are the "central details of the experience" that she can't recall.
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

silverscreenselect

#7 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:49 am

Estonut wrote:
Estonut wrote:Cite?
That's 1 expert (singular), not the consensus you claimed. The article you cited states, "Just because there are pieces missing doesn't mean those that remain aren't accurate, especially those central details of the experience that may be burned into the brain to the day they die," said Jim Hopper, a Harvard Medical School consultant and teaching associate."

And "Ford said ... she remembers the layout of the house and the presence of Kavanaugh's friend Mark Judge but not the location of the house." She can't state whose house it was, where the house was, or even what year it happened. Those are the "central details of the experience" that she can't recall.
You asked for a cite. I gave you a cite. I didn't feel like taking the time at five in the morning to call up all articles that have sprung up on the subject in the last couple of weeks.

But there are plenty of them. Here's another from the last couple of days: https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog ... and-memory

flockofseagulls104

#8 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:52 am

I believe Spock.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton