"Boofed," "Devil's Triangle," "FFFFFFourth of July"

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob Juch

"Boofed," "Devil's Triangle," "FFFFFFourth of July"

#1 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:07 pm

Heading into Brett Kavanaugh's Senate testimony about sexual assault allegations, which he denied, speculation swirled about a series of cryptic comments on his page in Georgetown Preparatory School's 1983 yearbook. Media reports and critics of Kavanaugh suggested that they joked about binge drinking and sexual exploits with other students.

But in his testimony Thursday, Kavanaugh offered alternative explanations for the items on his page. He said they were inside jokes known to the yearbook editors and other students.

Here's what Kavanaugh had to say about the most scrutinized parts of his yearbook page:
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/boofed-dev ... ook-jokes/
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

Re: "Boofed," "Devil's Triangle," "FFFFFFourth of July"

#2 Post by Beebs52 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:27 pm

https://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/boof

So, you haven't researched shit. Asshole 2. Super!
Well, then

jarnon

#3 Post by jarnon » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:58 pm

Flock already posted twice about Kavanaugh's farting, one of which BJ responded to.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=56473&p=547745#p547745

Now the subject has its own thread. Flock and BJ, if you have anything more to say about farts, please post it in this topic only so I can skip it. I've read all I need to know about the subject.

Let's get another bit of testimony out of the way: Kavanaugh puked a lot, when he drank and at other times, and he still does. I don't want to read more about that either.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

Bob Juch

#4 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:45 pm

Computer From House Of Representatives Edited Wikipedia Page For “Devil’s Triangle” To Match Kavanaugh’s Claim

There is nothing shocking anymore, but this story certainly comes close. During his testimony, Judge Brett Kavanaugh was asked about the “Devil’s Triangle,” which was something he and his friends had discussed back in school. Kavanaugh took a moment to answer the question, but eventually said that it was a “drinking game” played with quarters. The truth is that it is a euphemism for a threesome. In order to back up Kavanaugh’s claim, a computer located inside the House of Representatives offices immediately edited the Wikipedia page for “Devil’s Triangle” to get it to match Kavanaugh’s description. Ring of Fire’s Farron Cousins discusses this.

https://trofire.com/2018/09/28/computer ... ghs-claim/
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#5 Post by Beebs52 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:54 pm

Well, then

Estonut
Evil Genius

#6 Post by Estonut » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:05 pm

Bob Juch wrote:Computer From House Of Representatives Edited Wikipedia Page For “Devil’s Triangle” To Match Kavanaugh’s Claim

There is nothing shocking anymore, but this story certainly comes close. During his testimony, Judge Brett Kavanaugh was asked about the “Devil’s Triangle,” which was something he and his friends had discussed back in school. Kavanaugh took a moment to answer the question, but eventually said that it was a “drinking game” played with quarters. The truth is that it is a euphemism for a threesome. In order to back up Kavanaugh’s claim, a computer located inside the House of Representatives offices immediately edited the Wikipedia page for “Devil’s Triangle” to get it to match Kavanaugh’s description. Ring of Fire’s Farron Cousins discusses this.

You ignorant fuck! Why don't you list the edit done?

Someone added the line, "+ "Devil's Triangle", a popular drinking game enjoyed by friends of Judge Brett Kavanaugh."

If this was done to "back up Kavanaugh’s claim," they wouldn't have named him in it.

Clearly (to anyone with a brain), someone looked it up during testimony, found no entry and added it for future reference.
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

Bob Juch

#7 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:36 pm

Bob Juch

#8 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:41 pm

Estonut wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:Computer From House Of Representatives Edited Wikipedia Page For “Devil’s Triangle” To Match Kavanaugh’s Claim

Someone added the line, "+ "Devil's Triangle", a popular drinking game enjoyed by friends of Judge Brett Kavanaugh."

If this was done to "back up Kavanaugh’s claim," they wouldn't have named him in it.

Clearly (to anyone with a brain), someone looked it up during testimony, found no entry and added it for future reference.
I didn't list the edit because it has apparently been reverted. See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devil%27s ... biguation)
Only the last entry seems to apply here.

Estonut
Evil Genius

#9 Post by Estonut » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:47 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Estonut wrote:

I didn't list the edit because it has apparently been reverted. See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devil%27s ... biguation)
Did you look it up at the time you posted?

Y) But you posted anyway, knowing the truth was not what you were suggesting. Or did you not understand?

N) You posted your usual blather here as fact, but didn't even bother to look into it.

Either way, you're a troll.
Groucho Marx

Bob Juch

#10 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:50 pm

Estonut wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:
Estonut wrote:You ignorant fuck! Why don't you list the edit done?

Y) But you posted anyway, knowing the truth was not what you were suggesting. Or did you not understand?

N) You posted your usual blather here as fact, but didn't even bother to look into it.

No, jackass. I looked at the edit history which had so much activity yesterday and today that it's hard to see what actually was done. I have no reason to doubt the claim that the change was made. I'm very active on Wikipedia but don't know all the behind the scenes details.

Estonut
Evil Genius

#11 Post by Estonut » Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:39 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Estonut wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:I didn't list the edit because it has apparently been reverted. See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devil%27s ... biguation)

No, jackass. I looked at the edit history which had so much activity yesterday and today that it's hard to see what actually was done. I have no reason to doubt the claim that the change was made. I'm very active on Wikipedia but don't know all the behind the scenes details.
You needed only to look at yesterday's Edit #1 to see this story is BS, dumbass.
Groucho Marx

Bob Juch

#12 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:47 pm

Estonut wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:
Estonut wrote:Did you look it up at the time you posted?

You needed only to look at yesterday's Edit #1 to see this story is BS, dumbass.
Actually, no one can look at that for some reason; it's not selectable.

Estonut
Evil Genius

#13 Post by Estonut » Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:56 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Estonut wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:No, jackass. I looked at the edit history which had so much activity yesterday and today that it's hard to see what actually was done. I have no reason to doubt the claim that the change was made. I'm very active on Wikipedia but don't know all the behind the scenes details.
What about other sources? You seemed to be able to Google just fine when BAM was running a contest or Sploofus still existed.

Devil's Triangle Wikipedia page changes definition during Kavanaugh hearing
Groucho Marx

Bob Juch

#14 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:00 pm

Estonut wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:
Estonut wrote:You needed only to look at yesterday's Edit #1 to see this story is BS, dumbass.
What about other sources? You seemed to be able to Google just fine when BAM was running a contest or Sploofus still existed.

Devil's Triangle Wikipedia page changes definition during Kavanaugh hearing
Of course there are other articles. They all back up what I posted. 143.231.249.133 is assigned to the U.S. House of Representatives. Since some unreverted the original post, it is possible to see what it was.