top o' the mornin'®

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
earendel

top o' the mornin'®

#1 Post by earendel » Mon May 05, 2008 7:36 am

Well, despite the predictions, the weather for the Kentucky Derby was good, so we had an outdoor grilling party and I won the pool by picking Big Brown's name out of a hat.

I wasn't able to do the Friday transcript because of a problem with my DVR - I thought it was because it had reached its capacity, but it turns out that it is something else. I deleted everything and tried to record one program, but it failed. So I called the cable company (my DVR provider) and they are going to run some diagnostics and let me know what the result is.

I went to the doctor on Friday for a routine checkup and lab work (to make sure my medications aren't having any undesirable side effects). All is well, although he does want me to have an upper GI exam somewhere down the road in the near future.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

MarleysGh0st

#2 Post by MarleysGh0st » Mon May 05, 2008 7:39 am

Top o' the mornin'®, ear!

I asked MarleysNephew if he wanted me to get him anything from the Friends of the Library booksale. Turns out that he read The Hobbit for school and now he's reading The Lord of the Rings, so he asked for the volume he doesn't have yet, The Two Towers.

I'm so proud! :D

earendel

#3 Post by earendel » Mon May 05, 2008 7:39 am

MarleysGh0st wrote:Top o' the mornin'®, ear!

I asked MarleysNephew if he wanted me to get him anything from the Friends of the Library booksale. Turns out that he read The Hobbit for school and now he's reading The Lord of the Rings, so he asked for the volume he doesn't have yet, The Two Towers.

So am I.

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#4 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Mon May 05, 2008 8:23 am

MarleysGh0st wrote:Top o' the mornin'®, ear!

Jeff read "The Hobbit" and "The Lord of the Rings" to Maddie when she was little.

earendel

Re: top o' the mornin'®

#5 Post by earendel » Tue May 06, 2008 5:57 am

earendel wrote:I wasn't able to do the Friday transcript because of a problem with my DVR - I thought it was because it had reached its capacity, but it turns out that it is something else. I deleted everything and tried to record one program, but it failed. So I called the cable company (my DVR provider) and they are going to run some diagnostics and let me know what the result is.
So I called the cable company and they were able to fix the problem remotely. Evidently some setting had come "unset" on the DVR; they remotely rebooted it and everything works just fine.