Another chance at a Million

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
lilclyde54

Another chance at a Million

#1 Post by lilclyde54 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:01 pm

Some of you old-timers might remember that back in 06 and 07 I qualified for the Caesars Entertainment Millionaire Maker Blackjack Tournament both years that they ran that promotion. I didn't win the national Millionaire Maker tournament but I did get two all expense paid trips to Las Vegas to compete in them. On both trips they treated us like the highest of high rollers even though most of us were just regular gamblers who got a little lucky. They only did the Millionaire Maker Blackjack tournaments for two years but Caesers Entertainment had been doing the Millionaire Maker Slot Tournaments for a few years before the BJ tournaments and are still putting it on for the decade or so since then.

I played in the Millionaire Maker slot qualifying tournament at Harrah's Gulf Coast this weekend. I was fortunate enough to finish in first place which earned me a ticket to the national Millionaire Maker tournament in April. It will be held at the Harrah's Lake Tahoe property in April. I hope they treat us as lavishly as they did during those two MM blackjack tournaments I played in. It was a lot of fun. Oh, and by the way, first place in this local qualifying tournament paid $10,000. That is only $300 less than what I won on Wheel of Fortune a long time ago. I am looking forward to Lake Tahoe and the chance to pick up a Million Dollar Payday.
I felt the change

Time meant nothing and never would again

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

Re: Another chance at a Million

#2 Post by silvercamaro » Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:07 pm

Good luck, Clyde. We'll be rooting for you!
Now generating the White Hot Glare of Righteousness on behalf of BBs everywhere.

ghostjmf

#3 Post by ghostjmf » Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:39 am

Good Luck, & congrats on the big money win already.

earendel

#4 Post by earendel » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:33 pm

Congratulations! Make sure that the aces up your sleeve aren't the same suit.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#5 Post by Beebs52 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:34 pm

Money money money money....!
Well, then

Bob Juch

#6 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:09 am

lilclyde54 wrote:Some of you old-timers might remember that back in 06 and 07 I qualified for the Caesars Entertainment Millionaire Maker Blackjack Tournament both years that they ran that promotion. I didn't win the national Millionaire Maker tournament but I did get two all expense paid trips to Las Vegas to compete in them. On both trips they treated us like the highest of high rollers even though most of us were just regular gamblers who got a little lucky. They only did the Millionaire Maker Blackjack tournaments for two years but Caesers Entertainment had been doing the Millionaire Maker Slot Tournaments for a few years before the BJ tournaments and are still putting it on for the decade or so since then.

I played in the Millionaire Maker slot qualifying tournament at Harrah's Gulf Coast this weekend. I was fortunate enough to finish in first place which earned me a ticket to the national Millionaire Maker tournament in April. It will be held at the Harrah's Lake Tahoe property in April. I hope they treat us as lavishly as they did during those two MM blackjack tournaments I played in. It was a lot of fun. Oh, and by the way, first place in this local qualifying tournament paid $10,000. That is only $300 less than what I won on Wheel of Fortune a long time ago. I am looking forward to Lake Tahoe and the chance to pick up a Million Dollar Payday.
Break an arm! :P
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

thguy65

#7 Post by thguy65 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:39 am

Tahoe is a beautiful location.
A few years ago at Harrah's Tahoe I got a royal flush on a video poker machine for $1K
I wish you even better luck!

- Tim H.

Estonut
Evil Genius

#8 Post by Estonut » Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:18 am

thguy65 wrote:Tahoe is a beautiful location.
A few years ago at Harrah's Tahoe I got a royal flush on a video poker machine for $1K
I wish you even better luck!
Huell Howser did a set of episodes a few years back where he visited the 5 corners of California. He planted a flag in each location. The flag for the "notch" in CA was set adrift on a tiny raft in the middle of Lake Tahoe.

Good luck, lilclyde54!
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

tlynn78

#9 Post by tlynn78 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:01 am

Awesome! Best of luck!
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

BackInTex

#10 Post by BackInTex » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:30 am

Good luck!
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

SpacemanSpiff

#11 Post by SpacemanSpiff » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:38 pm

w00t w00t!! Best of luck!
"If you're dead, you don't have any freedoms at all." - Jason Isbell

lilclyde54

#12 Post by lilclyde54 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:07 pm

Thanks everyone. I think I was more excited about the trip to the national tournament than I was the 10K at first. But now that it has sunk in a little, I am pretty darn excited about the money. I can only imagine if I wind up fortunate enough to get in the money in the big tourny. I didn't even place in those two Millionaire Maker Blackjack Toournaments back in 06 & 07 but I did wind up with a $1,000 Movado watch as a door prize. A seven figure payday in this tourny would seem like winning the lottery.
I felt the change

Time meant nothing and never would again

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#13 Post by SportsFan68 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:38 pm

Well done! Hope you win the big money!
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller