I just returned from a trip to 50 years in the past

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob Juch

I just returned from a trip to 50 years in the past

#1 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:35 am

I wasn't going to post this until tomorrow, but it's now after midnight and is tomorrow. I'm not sleepy enough yet.

I flew to Oakland on Saturday for my Piedmont High School 50 year reunion. I just returned home about an hour and a half ago.

I went to the 40-year reunion but there were several at the 50 who didn't make to the 40. I apparently was more popular than I thought in high school, at least by my former classmates who showed up. I was the school photographer so a lot of people wanted me to take their photos back then. Many wound up in the yearbooks. Also, many said they appreciated my Facebook posts, most which make the ones I make here look tame. I'm gratified that almost all of my former classmates, at least the ones who showed up, are as liberal as I am. Piedmont was/is a very wealthy city and it might be anticipated that the children of the homeowners would be conservative. That's not the case with the exception of one blogger who is to the right of Infowars and one former friend who is somewhere to the right of center and doesn't want to hear dissenting opinions.

It was quite interesting to see the widely different aging of my former classmates. Some looked at least twenty years younger than their actual age and some looked twenty years older. I had many people tell me I looked just l did in high school and I told them, "Bullshit!" I weigh 100 pounds more than I did then. I did have a goatee in my senior year though; the only one in my class.

One of the strangest things I felt was driving on the roads I used to know. That brought back floods of memories of when I had been there before.

All the travel and partying took a toll on me due to my medical conditions. I feel like I just spent a week walking through Disneyworld.

All in all, it was worth the hassles.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.