WWTBAM Bored

A home for the weary.
It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:18 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Lisa Murkowski
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:02 pm 
Offline
Queen of Wack
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:38 am
Posts: 9374
Location: Location.Location.Location
Bless her heart. "Appearance of impropriety?"
Manufactured appearance of impropriety lady.

_________________
Oh please.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Lisa Murkowski
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:52 pm
Posts: 4203
Location: Merion, Pa.
Sarah Palin wrote:
Hey @LisaMurkowski - I can see 2022 from my house...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Lisa Murkowski
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Posts: 15461
jarnon wrote:
Sarah Palin wrote:
Hey @LisaMurkowski - I can see 2022 from my house...


Lisa Murkowski is a lot more popular in Alaska than Sarah Palin is right now, and it has nothing to do with her vote on Kavanaugh. She is one of the best in the Senate at protecting and advancing local interests.

_________________
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Lisa Murkowski
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:08 pm 
Offline
Bored Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Posts: 17355
Location: By the phone
I don't think she's afraid of losing a Republican primary. She's already won once as an independent. And if the Senate ends up 50-50 after this election, I'm guessing she'd be open to discussions about switching parties, just like Jim Jeffords did. --Bob

_________________
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Lisa Murkowski
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:43 pm
Posts: 9922
Location: In Texas of course!
Bob78164 wrote:
I don't think she's afraid of losing a Republican primary. She's already won once as an independent. And if the Senate ends up 50-50 after this election, I'm guessing she'd be open to discussions about switching parties, just like Jim Jeffords did. --Bob
not a chance for either.

_________________
In the end, they will all pretty much taste the same.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Lisa Murkowski
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Posts: 15461
BackInTex wrote:
not a chance for either.


Tell that November 7 to your next Senator, Beto O'Rourke.

_________________
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Lisa Murkowski
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:43 pm
Posts: 9922
Location: In Texas of course!
silverscreenselect wrote:
BackInTex wrote:
not a chance for either.


Tell that November 7 to your next Senator, Beto O'Rourke.

LFOL

He’d be better off buying one of your lottery tickets.

_________________
In the end, they will all pretty much taste the same.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Lisa Murkowski
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:40 pm 
Offline
Queen of Wack
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:38 am
Posts: 9374
Location: Location.Location.Location
BackInTex wrote:
silverscreenselect wrote:
BackInTex wrote:
not a chance for either.


Tell that November 7 to your next Senator, Beto O'Rourke.

LFOL

He’d be better off buying one of your lottery tickets.

Heeee heee

_________________
Oh please.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Lisa Murkowski
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Posts: 4298
Location: Olympia, Washington
silverscreenselect wrote:
BackInTex wrote:
not a chance for either.


Tell that November 7 to your next Senator, Beto O'Rourke.


You know what? We'll see what happens. And whatever happens, most of us who support conservative values will deal with it without sending out ignorant minions to protest, disrupt due process, hold up mass-produced signs verifying their ignorance, harassing and swearing at the candidates we don't like and we won't be slandering the people we disagree with.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Lisa Murkowski
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Posts: 15461
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
and we won't be slandering the people we disagree with.


You mean like your president? And the numerous others who have said ugly things about Dr. Ford on social media.

_________________
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Lisa Murkowski
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Posts: 4298
Location: Olympia, Washington
silverscreenselect wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
and we won't be slandering the people we disagree with.


You mean like your president? And the numerous others who have said ugly things about Dr. Ford on social media.


I do not support ANYONE who does that. I have said numerous times, aSSShole, that I think trump is a complete jerk. That doesn't mean I will HATE everything he does. That doesn't mean I will go on a crusade to post anti-trump memes on the bored, on facebook or anywhere else. That doesn't mean I will make childish jokes about him, or slander him as well.

I will agree with him when he does something I agree with, and I will disagree with him when he does something I disagree with. Just like I did with Clinton. Just like I did with Bush. Just like I did with Obama. Because that is what reasonable people actually do. You should try it sometime.

Can we please progress to February 3rd, aSSShole?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Lisa Murkowski
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Posts: 15461
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
I will agree with him when he does something I agree with, and I will disagree with him when he does something I disagree with.


You are a Trump enabler. You profess to disagree with him, generally on his style, but leap to his defense every single time on this Bored, generally by parroting the party line that goes through the right wing noise machine.

And while you are quick to point out what people like Maxine Waters say, you don't seem to have a problem with the worst rhetoric of all, which comes from the person who is the chief representative of the Republican party. Instead, you try to parse and explain and rationalize and come up with ways that what he says or does really isn't as bad as it's made out to be. Which, to use your analogy, winds up being like Groundhog Day.

Don't worry though; February 3 is going to happen on November 7.

_________________
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Lisa Murkowski
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:05 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:31 am
Posts: 6334
Location: Montana
silverscreenselect wrote:
Don't worry though; February 3 is going to happen on November 7.



LMAO - I sincerely hope so, just like the last election!

_________________
The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself. And clowns.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Lisa Murkowski
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Posts: 4298
Location: Olympia, Washington
Quote:
You are a Trump enabler.


Oh, dear! I am a trump enabler! Should I be ashamed? Or should I be locked up? I don't know.
What am I enabling? Am I enabling him to do the job he was elected to? Well, yeah. I also enabled Obama to do the job he was elected to, although I didn't like very much of what he did and didn't do. What am I supposed to do to shed this heinous label you've bestowed upon me? Criticize, mock, resist, whine like a child who had his lollipop taken away, believe everything that comes out of the dem party and harass and curse at those who don't?
I don't think so, aSSShole.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Lisa Murkowski
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Posts: 15461
flockofseagulls104 wrote:

What am I enabling? Am I enabling him to do the job he was elected to? Well, yeah. I also enabled Obama to do the job he was elected to, although I didn't like very much of what he did and.


You (collectively) are enabling the degeneration of politics in this country to the level of a professional wrestling match and encouraging the autocratic tendencies of Trump and the worst of his supporters.

There will be a day of reckoning... two in fact, one on Election Day and the second when the Mueller indictments start hitting the fan.

_________________
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Lisa Murkowski
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:34 pm 
Offline
Queen of Wack
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:38 am
Posts: 9374
Location: Location.Location.Location
silverscreenselect wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:

What am I enabling? Am I enabling him to do the job he was elected to? Well, yeah. I also enabled Obama to do the job he was elected to, although I didn't like very much of what he did and.


You (collectively) are enabling the degeneration of politics in this country to the level of a professional wrestling match and encouraging the autocratic tendencies of Trump and the worst of his supporters.

There will be a day of reckoning... two in fact, one on Election Day and the second when the Mueller indictments start hitting the fan.


Okay. You're Chuck Shumer, right? How'd you pass the signup protocol?!?

_________________
Oh please.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Lisa Murkowski
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Posts: 4298
Location: Olympia, Washington
silverscreenselect wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:

What am I enabling? Am I enabling him to do the job he was elected to? Well, yeah. I also enabled Obama to do the job he was elected to, although I didn't like very much of what he did and.


You (collectively) are enabling the degeneration of politics in this country to the level of a professional wrestling match and encouraging the autocratic tendencies of Trump and the worst of his supporters.

There will be a day of reckoning... two in fact, one on Election Day and the second when the Mueller indictments start hitting the fan.


I disrespectfully disagree. It is the lunatic 'resistance' that is the lowest of the low. We have never had, in my lifetime, a more tactless, immature president. But he is the first one to actually fight back against the tactics and dishonesty of the left. And I like that. I just wish he'd do it in a more intellectual way.
The left has used the same old, tired tactics for too long. Most of this country is fed up with being called 'deplorable', 'racist','homophobic', 'wanting dirty air', 'wanting children to die', ETC ETC ETC by self-appointed, self-righteous holier than thou idiots like you.
He is either too egotistical or narcissistic to care about all the hateful things said to him and about him and he's actually accomplishing some good things despite the mindless hatred you and your comrades throw at him.

Why don't you comment on the worst of the resistance? They are much more dangerous, rude and disrespectful than any of the 'deplorables'. And they are egged on and encouraged by the biased media and the Soros conglomerate.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Lisa Murkowski
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:33 pm 
Offline
Bored Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Posts: 17355
Location: By the phone
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
silverscreenselect wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:

What am I enabling? Am I enabling him to do the job he was elected to? Well, yeah. I also enabled Obama to do the job he was elected to, although I didn't like very much of what he did and.


You (collectively) are enabling the degeneration of politics in this country to the level of a professional wrestling match and encouraging the autocratic tendencies of Trump and the worst of his supporters.

There will be a day of reckoning... two in fact, one on Election Day and the second when the Mueller indictments start hitting the fan.


I disrespectfully disagree. It is the lunatic 'resistance' that is the lowest of the low. We have never had, in my lifetime, a more tactless, immature president. But he is the first one to actually fight back against the tactics and dishonesty of the left. And I like that. I just wish he'd do it in a more intellectual way.
The left has used the same old, tired tactics for too long. Most of this country is fed up with being called 'deplorable', 'racist','homophobic', 'wanting dirty air', 'wanting children to die', ETC ETC ETC by self-appointed, self-righteous holier than thou idiots like you.
He is either too egotistical or narcissistic to care about all the hateful things said to him and about him and he's actually accomplishing some good things despite the mindless hatred you and your comrades throw at him.

Why don't you comment on the worst of the resistance? They are much more dangerous, rude and disrespectful than any of the 'deplorables'. And they are egged on and encouraged by the biased media and the Soros conglomerate.
Here's the thing. You think the things Donny is accomplishing are good, and that's why you don't like the resistance. We're fighting for our lives and our family's lives against a Republican Party that wants nothing but more and more power. And the Republicans are implementing their agenda by smashing more and more of the unwritten rules that used to hold us together. Playing nice is no longer an option. It's time to play to win, and that's what I expect from my elected representatives.

I draw the line at violence. But I have no issue with confrontation, as long as it's effective. Maybe that's because I'm old enough to remember being scared that I'd get drafted to fight in the Vietnam War. --Bob

_________________
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Lisa Murkowski
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:58 am
Posts: 21971
Location: Oro Valley, Arizona
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
silverscreenselect wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:

What am I enabling? Am I enabling him to do the job he was elected to? Well, yeah. I also enabled Obama to do the job he was elected to, although I didn't like very much of what he did and.


You (collectively) are enabling the degeneration of politics in this country to the level of a professional wrestling match and encouraging the autocratic tendencies of Trump and the worst of his supporters.

There will be a day of reckoning... two in fact, one on Election Day and the second when the Mueller indictments start hitting the fan.


I disrespectfully disagree. It is the lunatic 'resistance' that is the lowest of the low. We have never had, in my lifetime, a more tactless, immature president. But he is the first one to actually fight back against the tactics and dishonesty of the left. And I like that. I just wish he'd do it in a more intellectual way.
The left has used the same old, tired tactics for too long. Most of this country is fed up with being called 'deplorable', 'racist','homophobic', 'wanting dirty air', 'wanting children to die', ETC ETC ETC by self-appointed, self-righteous holier than thou idiots like you.
He is either too egotistical or narcissistic to care about all the hateful things said to him and about him and he's actually accomplishing some good things despite the mindless hatred you and your comrades throw at him.

Why don't you comment on the worst of the resistance? They are much more dangerous, rude and disrespectful than any of the 'deplorables'. And they are egged on and encouraged by the biased media and the Soros conglomerate.

You bringing up Soros proves you're thoroughly brainwashed.

_________________
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Lisa Murkowski
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Posts: 4298
Location: Olympia, Washington
Quote:
We're fighting for our lives and our family's lives against a Republican Party that wants nothing but more and more power.


Really? Does that sound hysterical to anyone else? You have Paul Ryan standing outside your house with an AK47?
Everything seems to be the end of the world to you. bob-tel, it may come to a shock to you, but republicans and conservatives have families too. And they actually love them as much as you do yours. They are doing what they believe is best for all Americans. It is just different from what you think is best. Take a deep breath and live your life. Don't worry, trump won't be president forever, and America will survive. What happens in Washington will happen regardless of whether you are angry or not. So why be angry?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Lisa Murkowski
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:43 pm 
Offline
Queen of Wack
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:38 am
Posts: 9374
Location: Location.Location.Location
Bob Juch wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
silverscreenselect wrote:

You (collectively) are enabling the degeneration of politics in this country to the level of a professional wrestling match and encouraging the autocratic tendencies of Trump and the worst of his supporters.

There will be a day of reckoning... two in fact, one on Election Day and the second when the Mueller indictments start hitting the fan.


I disrespectfully disagree. It is the lunatic 'resistance' that is the lowest of the low. We have never had, in my lifetime, a more tactless, immature president. But he is the first one to actually fight back against the tactics and dishonesty of the left. And I like that. I just wish he'd do it in a more intellectual way.
The left has used the same old, tired tactics for too long. Most of this country is fed up with being called 'deplorable', 'racist','homophobic', 'wanting dirty air', 'wanting children to die', ETC ETC ETC by self-appointed, self-righteous holier than thou idiots like you.
He is either too egotistical or narcissistic to care about all the hateful things said to him and about him and he's actually accomplishing some good things despite the mindless hatred you and your comrades throw at him.

Why don't you comment on the worst of the resistance? They are much more dangerous, rude and disrespectful than any of the 'deplorables'. And they are egged on and encouraged by the biased media and the Soros conglomerate.

You bringing up Soros proves you're thoroughly brainwashed.


https://populardemocracy.org/about-us

_________________
Oh please.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Lisa Murkowski
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:03 pm 
Offline
Evil Genius
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:16 am
Posts: 9193
Location: Garden Grove, CA
Bob78164 wrote:
Maybe that's because I'm old enough to remember being scared that I'd get drafted to fight in the Vietnam War.
I call bullshit. The Vietnam draft ended, Jan. 27, 1973. You were 11½. You were scared of the boogeyman, too.

_________________
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Lisa Murkowski
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:34 pm 
Offline
Bored Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Posts: 17355
Location: By the phone
Estonut wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
Maybe that's because I'm old enough to remember being scared that I'd get drafted to fight in the Vietnam War.
I call bullshit. The Vietnam draft ended, Jan. 27, 1973. You were 11½. You were scared of the boogeyman, too.
Call it all you want. I was already in Junior High School. I can also tell you exactly what I was doing on August 8, 1974, when I heard that Nixon was going to address the nation and I can tell you where I was and what I was doing that night, when the Big Dick announced his resignation.

I was watching people all around me, including family members, get drafted, I read the paper, I watched the TV news, and I listened to KYW news radio. It scared the hell out of me then, and I've still never forgiven Jimmy Carter for restoring draft registration just in time for my 18th birthday.

I'll add to that. Your remark causes me to strongly suspect either that you're too young to remember the late '60s and early '70s or that you weren't in this country back then. Because if you were, I think you'd understand just how much of a mark the Vietnam War made on most Americans of my generation. --Bob

_________________
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Lisa Murkowski
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:37 pm
Posts: 7345
Location: South Carolina
Larry Elder
@larryelder
Troll: How can you defend
@realDonaldTrump's "erratic behavior"?

Elder: Easy. Two golf pros were asked how they can identify a "good golfer." One offered an elaborate, precise description of the swing of a "good golfer."

The other one said, "I look to see where the ball lands."

_________________
Suitguy is not bitter.

feels he represents the many educated and rational onlookers who believe that the hysterical denouncement of lay scepticism is both unwarranted and counter-productive

The problem, then, is that such calls do not address an opposition audience so much as they signal virtue. They talk past those who need convincing. They ignore actual facts and counterargument. And they are irreparably smug.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Lisa Murkowski
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:54 pm 
Offline
Dog's Best Friend
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:45 am
Posts: 9475
Bob78164 wrote:

Here's the thing. You think the things Donny is accomplishing are good, and that's why you don't like the resistance. We're fighting for our lives and our family's lives against a Republican Party that wants nothing but more and more power. And the Republicans are implementing their agenda by smashing more and more of the unwritten rules that used to hold us together. Playing nice is no longer an option. It's time to play to win, and that's what I expect from my elected representatives.

I draw the line at violence. But I have no issue with confrontation, as long as it's effective. Maybe that's because I'm old enough to remember being scared that I'd get drafted to fight in the Vietnam War. --Bob


Bob, how old were you when you developed this fear of being drafted -- 6, 7, 8? Even younger? Perhaps you were in kindergarten when -- because of your high IQ and superior nursery school education -- you began to worry about the draft? If not, this may be the dumb-assiest argument "against violence but in favor of confrontation" e-v-e-r. You seem to be working way too hard to build some kind of mythology for yourself about what a brave and brilliant lad you were (and by extension, you are.) I just don't see that a lot of people are buying that.

Several times in the past, you have shared your outrage at what you perceived as being the subject of mockery. My unwanted advice: if you don't want to be mocked, stop being so damn mockable.

_________________
Now generating the White Hot Glare of Righteousness on behalf of BBs everywhere.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Americanized by Maël Soucaze.